Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
    I can play a bit of banjo of but nothing like Dipsojazz. Oh I know!! I can play a mean set of spoons !
    When you're setting up the band/orchestra, don't forget the glockenspiel.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
      Oh, you know I'm totally game for that!

But... Like I said, I really hope the convention isn't until late-May, otherwise... Well, let's just say, I really need to graduate.
      Holy Hannah, spaz ... there are enough college administrators and profs on this thread to confer a degree on you!!! And, as mini just said, we can always get Kat/Forever to home-school you through the final semester! She's a whiz at that!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        When you're setting up the band/orchestra, don't forget the glockenspiel.
        How did I miss out on the Samanda Band?! What's doin'? Did you know that I was tempted to sit down at the baby grand in the hotel lobby and play Christmas music for a singalong?! I was even going to throw a fake book into my suitcase but it was heavy enough already. Fact is we had so much fun just talking and hanging out on the sofas that I never got around to it!

I've got a CD of dips on the banjo and she is terrific! And don't forget tsaxlady who I would love to hear jam! She, and a few other Samandans ...

Or, we can always do a chorus line like days of old Samanda ...

Do you recognize all of us?!

Here's tsax's publicity photo ...

Can you tell that I've had a glass of wine after a very busy day at the office?!

Does anyone remember Murray and his Merry Minstrels?! If I recall, he had a thing for the Royal Accountant.

Yeah, it was a very LARGE glass of wine ... hic ... comitas regit.

I bet that Sam and Daniel remember Murray and the Royal Accountant fooling around behind the bandstand at the Samandan Royal Gala. Oh yea. You can't trust Coley with that sloe gin.

Is Amanda the lead singer?!

I'll go quietly now ... back to my happy place, just knowing that I had some small part IN TURNING OVER THE 57,500TH POST AT SAMANDA LANDA!

Er, just one more thing ... if the next GABIT is in the summertime, I think I'll bring my accordion and borrow 1speed's cycle.

"FCOL, will somebody shut her up?!"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...amAttitude.jpg

I'm going now ... 57,500, 57,500, 57,500, 57,500 ....
        Last edited by Skydiver; 30 November 2006, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Okay, who spike CG's wine

LOL, great post CG
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i have to ask this before I forget...

when I was home for thanksgiving break this year, I was hanging out with my cousin Maddie. Now, she's eleven and she and I are the only two girl cousins on the side of the family we see every year, so she and I hang out, play jokes on the boys, that kind of deal.

well, this year I introduced her to Stargate-the earlier seasons. She fell in love with Sam...(apparently, she's been running through my aunt and uncle's house with a cutout of a zat gun dressed in a camo hat and camo coat that belong to my uncle, trying to fix random things...*and no one's taking any pictures!!! grr*)

So I thought it would be a cool idea for when I come home for Christmas, she can write Amanda and tell her how cool she is for playing Sam and I don't know, draw her a picture or something, so here's my question. I know somebody mentioned something about fan mail when they got back from AT2, but that's a LOT of posts to rifle through...but does everything still go to Bridge? *thumbs around for address* And if someone has that address, that would be a huge help to. or a link. post it, pm it to me, whatever...I'll be forever grateful!

-i was just rereading posts on this page...i don't think that there are words to describe how much I adored your last post, CG!!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
            My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
            My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
            My Stargate Videos
            It's meant to be!

Comment

yes, amanda said to still send stuff to bridge. especially since she'll be there for atlantis eps and the movies

Amanda Tapping
              c/o Bridge Studios
              2400 Boundary Road
              Burnaby, BC, Canada
              V5M 3Z3

*and i think it's spooky that i have it memorized
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Okay, who spike CG's wine

LOL, great post CG
                I blame COLEY. 100%!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  yes, amanda said to still send stuff to bridge. especially since she'll be there for atlantis eps and the movies

Amanda Tapping
                  c/o Bridge Studios
                  2400 Boundary Road
                  Burnaby, BC, Canada
                  V5M 3Z3

thanks, sky!
                  if she'll let me, before we send it off, I'll show you guys Maddie's stuff.

she's in sixth grade right now...she's really excited they get to build rockets in her science class this year!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                  My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                  My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                  My Stargate Videos
                  It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                    Hi all. I mainly want to say - I LOVE THIS THREAD. I wish I had hours and hours (and days and weeks) to read every single post here because there's so much great stuff. (I could read about Sam/Amanda gushing all day long.) The thing is, I just know that I'll *never* finish reading them all! Part of my problem is that I am just starting on Stargate Atlantis and I've been avoiding posts about the show so I won't be spoiled. I think the last episode I watched was "Home" (season 1 episode 9). I know Amanda has guest appearances on SGA, so I'm very much looking forward to it. As for discussions about Amanda in season 4 - I believe I posted this before - I don't know enough about SGA to make an informed decision, but my knee-jerk reaction is, "More Amanda? Bring it on!"

Edit: I looked back at my earlier post and what I said was I would tell the writers on SGA, "Let her visit and don't screw it up!"

Other random thoughts:
                    --Like many others have said, I'm very proud to count myself as a Sam/Amanda fan. I'm only sorry that I started watching so late in the game (just a few months ago) and have never had the opportunity to see her in person. I console myself with the fact that conventions almost never fit in with my work schedule.
                    --I really want to see more Sam/Vala interaction. They are such interesting characters - so very different. (Yeah, I daydream about a body-switching episode between Sam and Vala. So sue me. )

*waves Hi!*

I love the thought of Sam being on Atlantis however I do have reservations about TPTB being able to do it justice so I'm in wait and see mode at the moment.

I like random thoughts! Oooh a body switching ep Now usually I'd just go Ugh BUT as AT & CB are a couple of my favourite actresses I sure would love to see something like that IF the majority of the input came from the actresses themselves
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      How did I miss out on the Samanda Band?!
                      There's a band???

Do you have room in the Kazoo Section for me?
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Amanda Tapping
                        c/o Bridge Studios
                        2400 Boundary Road
                        Burnaby, BC, Canada
                        V5M 3Z3

I have it in my PDA

Suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          Oh, you know I'm totally game for that!

But... Like I said, I really hope the convention isn't until late-May, otherwise... Well, let's just say, I really need to graduate.
                          Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                          Naaah, we'll HOME SCHOOL YA! Right GUYS?!?!?!
                          I'd volunteer to home school you Spaz, but the twins and I are working on third grade at the moment and I don't think that would help you much.
                          Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
                          i have to ask this before I forget...

when I was home for thanksgiving break this year, I was hanging out with my cousin Maddie. Now, she's eleven and she and I are the only two girl cousins on the side of the family we see every year, so she and I hang out, play jokes on the boys, that kind of deal.

well, this year I introduced her to Stargate-the earlier seasons. She fell in love with Sam...(apparently, she's been running through my aunt and uncle's house with a cutout of a zat gun dressed in a camo hat and camo coat that belong to my uncle, trying to fix random things...*and no one's taking any pictures!!! grr*)
                          Nice work corrupting converting your cousin! Good job!

BTW, Sky, it isn't scary that you know Amanda's address by heart. We can just consider it another reason you are so good at being a moderator. How much longer til we get to read that interview? Any thing new in there that hasn't been shared on the thread yet?

Comment

I read about AT3 last night then learned the price today before hubby got home from work, and I'm so excited about the eighteen months to plan for it. I tell hubby and he isn't quite as excited as I am...actually he changed the subject...so I suggested that if he thought coming up with $4000 would be to difficult then we could cut it in half and he could stay home with the kids. He laughed and said that if only one of us was going it was going to be him (remember he has a HUGE crush on Amanda), but we discussed it and I think we are going to try to go for it. I knew his crush on Amanda would pay off. Not telling my daughter yet, because she and my son will be staying with grandparents.

Comment

question -

since scifi isn't going to show the remaining eps until april -which used to be march; what is the schedule for the UK? and especially, when will the UK be seeing the last ep?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                question -

since scifi isn't going to show the remaining eps until april -which used to be march; what is the schedule for the UK? and especially, when will the UK be seeing the last ep?
                                I believe they will still see the last half of S10/S3 long before the USA will. Though by the time the USA gets them I'd say many online fans may have already seen the eps.

I remember when Babylon 5 was on. Lets just way the postal service was very busy. :blink:

Suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X