Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    BEV........! How could I forget you, honey?!?! My goodness! How stoopid of me! Then again, with Rune and Kliggs causing all that trouble and you being so well behaved, it's easy to overlook you *coughs as nose grows*. Seriously, sorry.

As for Lida, please, stop it. I forgot, ok? I can't remember every single one of the 200 odd people who were at Gabit. I even forgot Bev who I had breakfast with both mornings and chatted to a fair bit.

The names of the people I mentioned were those who I hung around with a lot, who I saw and spoke to and those who wrote in my book. I didn't remember everyone, I admit, but you have a tendency to mention those you spend more time around.

We're not "leaving you out" or "ignoring" you or any other such notion, it's just that you happened not to spend an awful lot of time around the other Samandans, that's all.

It's lovely that Amanda and Thomasina thanked you after the auction, it really is. But the way you just put it sounded like "well, at last Amanda loves me, even if you guys don't". It's not like that in any way. I was nothing but kind and courteous to you when I spoke to you last weekend and I deeply resent the implication of your comment.
    I'm not sure what the big deal is, I know that ya'll were only nice to me because you wanted to take advantage of my laptop and camera and I'm totally cool with that.

As for Lida, I'm sorry but I really didn't talk to you at AT2. Perhaps if you had joined our little soiree in the lobby we would have had more stories to tell, but we are only repeating events that happened to us while we were together. I understand that you might feel as if you are the invisible woman, but all you needed to do was to come over and say hello. Most of us don't bite. Ok, that's not entirely true. Tsax does, but only if she's had a few too many ales. But from what I have seen, the worse that would have happened is that you might have be hugged to death by Mini, Tracy or one of the many other huggers in the group. For me personally, I typically hide when they start getting all touchy-feeley, but I can guarantee that no one was purposely trying to be mean to you.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      LOL, wouldn't Aamnda love the discussion about Rick being a con Virgin and her there to help deflower him
      hey, she brought it up at at2.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
        I'm not sure what the big deal is, I know that ya'll were only nice to me because you wanted to take advantage of my laptop and camera and I'm totally cool with that.

As for Lida, I'm sorry but I really didn't talk to you at AT2. Perhaps if you had joined our little soiree in the lobby we would have had more stories to tell, but we are only repeating events that happened to us while we were together. I understand that you might feel as if you are the invisible woman, but all you needed to do was to come over and say hello. Most of us don't bite. Ok, that's not entirely true. Tsax does, but only if she's had a few too many ales. But from what I have seen, the worse that would have happened is that you might have be hugged to death by Mini, Tracy or one of the many other huggers in the group. For me personally, I typically hide when they start getting all touchy-feeley, but I can guarantee that no one was purposely trying to be mean to you.
        Kat

What me drink never

As for me - well some folks misunderstand my feelings for them because my nature is one that I don't often hang out with the same group of people the whole time at a con. I enjoy hanging out with a wide varitey for folks. Moving from one group to the next depending on my mood at the time. There were several different groups I hung out with in the lobby of the hotel Fri, Sat & Sun night. I often stay up and out longer than a roomate at cons - it is not uncommon for them to already be asleep when I arrive back in the room (or waking up for breakfast ).

The best part of any con to me is spending time with other fans. One of the really cool things about AT2 is how nice every one was that hung out in the lobby. It is not often in life you will find a group of people varying in age from 19 - um don't want to step on any toes here so lets say 40+ hanging out talking and have a great time together.

If there is a GABIT3 I hope to see everyone again and meet in person even more great AT fans from this forum.

EDIT: Julia I see you lurking here - THANKS AGAIN for a great con - the G4 ROCK
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Kat
          exactly. I remember who i talked to. I did sit at the same table as lida at the cocktail party, but really didn't see her much after then. I do however, remember sitting in the lobby chatting and laughing with all y'all. sharing memories and images and experiences.

that's usually the best part about the con, spending time with the other attendees

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            If there is an agenda, then no.

But if there isn't some sort of agenda on their part, then we may be entering another "Letter to the Editor" war over on that website (which I'm sure they just lurve, those jerks).
            of course they do. they rouse the rabble quite deliberately. especially now with thier own bonehead idea of a 6 month hiatus.

every single hiatus something comes up to get folks talking at each other. skiffy and mgm manipulate the fans quite well and, imho, aren't above tweaking them just to keep them talking

sigpic

Comment

Julia has posted her closing words to Amanda on the GABIT thread - weather you were at the con or not it was great and I suggest going over to the thread and reading the post.

For easy navigating here is a link to post

In case you did not get my point in my last post THE G4 ROCK!
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                Well said SKY!

As for me...while I'd be happy for Amanda and hubby...I prefer not to talk about her PRIVATE LIFE online, even if Amanda herself said "Sun, go ahead, I really don't mind"...because it's HER PRIVATE LIFE after all and that isn't part of her actor/celebrity status (never mind what the media/press wants us to believe) and it should remain private.

I'm that way with any actor, but most especially if it's one I really admire and like.

But that's just me.
                AT posted a message on her web site last time, so that's what I'd trust. I have a feeling if she does have another baby, she'll post a message there (if and when she's ready).

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  Julia has posted her closing words to Amanda on the GABIT thread - weather you were at the con or not it was great and I suggest going over to the thread and reading the post.

Beautiful and so true. Thanks for passing this along.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                    Julia! You're going to give Scaripoppins a heart attack with that smilie (I'm personally all for it, mind you!), but quick - where's a Sam/Janet icon when you need one?
                    Scaripoppins? I HAVE been gone too long! Hee.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post

thanks for the link! it brought tears to my eyes and I wasn't even there to experience it! what she said was 100% right on the nose. Yay!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                      My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                      My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                      My Stargate Videos
                      It's meant to be!

Comment

Well, damn, there goes the WHOLE illusion. Who told her?! SPAZZY!

Most of us don't bite. Ok, that's not entirely true. Tsax does, but only if she's had a few too many ales. But from what I have seen, the worse that would have happened is that you might have be hugged to death by Mini, Tracy or one of the many other huggers in the group.
                        Hey! I resemble that remark!! OK fine, I admit it, I'm a hugger. I hug people. It's what I do. But you gotta realize it's only because I WUV EVERYBODY!!!!

HUGGLES!
                        geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
                          thanks for the link! it brought tears to my eyes and I wasn't even there to experience it! what she said was 100% right on the nose. Yay!
                          Paraphrasing Julia's closing line..."Thank you quite simply for being you."

That's the crux right there.

Thank you for being a giving, loving, caring and truly special person.

Thank you for your considerate nature, for your attention to detail and for your desire to share yourself with others.

And as much as we love the fantastic and brilliant character you've helped weave over the past decade or so...we love and appreciate you more because you're real...and not just in the literal sense of the word. You are real...you are true...you are genuine. No pretense...no false sense of self-importance...just you. Just Amanda.

I've never had the pleasure to meet you as many of my friends have and yet I count you as a friend because that's the energy you give off...that you're open to getting to know who we are as much as you are open to allowing us to know who you are.

Thank you...Amanda...quite simply for being you.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey guys, a little off topic, but some news of personal note for me.

I've finally received my sponsored confirmation today as a member of WIFTI (Women in Film and Television International). Nothing huge, of course, but a big deal for me since I'd allowed myself to become somewhat disillusioned with the industry in general over the past while and hadn't been chasing some of the headier goals I wanted to as actively as I should have been as a result. Well, I woke up. This is a way I can start to give back a bit too, and hopefully work with others towards making some much needed advancements instead of wallowing like a dope.

So... yay me! Thought I'd share my little epiphany. And, you know, spread the love!

Hugs,
                            geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                              Hey guys, a little off topic, but some news of personal note for me.

I've finally received my sponsored confirmation today as a member of WIFTI (Women in Film and Television International). Nothing huge, of course, but a big deal for me since I'd allowed myself to become somewhat disillusioned with the industry in general over the past while and hadn't been chasing some of the headier goals I wanted to as actively as I should have been as a result. Well, I woke up. This is a way I can start to give back a bit too, and hopefully work with others towards making some much needed advancements instead of wallowing like a dope.

So... yay me! Thought I'd share my little epiphany. And, you know, spread the love!

Hugs,
                              geek
                              Good for you, geek. *hugs*

My LJ

Comment

congratulations sweetie!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X