Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post

Nice post Sky! Hence the end of Stargate, Vala style. Sorry Vala fans but 'they' abused CB's talent by turning her into the sex object in S9. IMHO.
    I agree. It reminds me of what AT said about Vanessa Angel (playing Anise). She said Anise was a good character and VA was a good actress but it was totally unnecessary to dress her like they did. (Tokra Spice) I loved the antagonism between Anise and Doc Fraiser. (What, still no Janet smilie? They've got Lord Yu for gosh sakes, where's our beloved ol' doc Fraiser? )

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I agree. It reminds me of what AT said about Vanessa Angel (playing Anise). She said Anise was a good character and VA was a good actress but it was totally unnecessary to dress her like they did. (Tokra Spice) I loved the antagonism between Anise and Doc Fraiser. (What, still no Janet smilie? They've got Lord Yu for gosh sakes, where's our beloved ol' doc Fraiser? )
      I think you have to ask Scarimor for the Janet smilies
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

yes, anise could have been good. she showed real promise.

but when she had more wardrobe changes - consisting of less fabric each time - in her 3 episodes than jacob did in 3 years, it was fairly obvious that she was just there to flash skin.

back then, tptb listened with folks said 'enough t&a', but they don't do that now.

I think ti speaks volumes that Sam, who was never a sum of her cup size, is far longer lived and more popular than any of their bombshells

T&A may be pretty to look at, but the characters that have true appeal and staying p ower are those that are more than the sum of thier looks
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
          LOL! I did see! LOL! You poor thing. Always picking on you Again, I have a vivid imagination (lacking in the fanfic writing department though) and am sitting here just giggling away at the photo's. If you had a vengeful bone in your body, they'd better watch out!
          poor julia's problem is, she's so easy to wind up. Did anyone catch teh look on her face during the coffee when the bell would ring and rick and amanda would just keep chatting. and julia was symbolically tapping her toe and looking at her watch and watching her carefully orchestrated schedule just melt away...and the look on her face would be so very priceless.

It's that expressive look that makes her such a target.

sigpic

Comment

How cool is it that AT and RDA *wanted* to keep talking and they had to be forced to keep remotely on schedule. Lots of people probably would be covertly clock watching.

Comment

Sky! Don't be so mean to my lovely, lovely Julia.

"Remembers affiliation to the Becky fan club*

Never mind. Continue.

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                Sky! Don't be so mean to my lovely, lovely Julia.

"Remembers affiliation to the Becky fan club*

Never mind. Continue.

I don't know if Julia was in the room to see Amanda's hilarious "impersonation" of her during the baby-photo big reveal, but that was priceless too. I'm sure she heard about it later. It's clear Amdanda really loves Julia.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  I don't know if Julia was in the room to see Amanda's hilarious "impersonation" of her during the baby-photo big reveal, but that was priceless too. I'm sure she heard about it later. It's clear Amdanda really loves Julia.
                  Really not hard to do. With any of the G4.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                    Really not hard to do. With any of the G4.
                    Well yeah, there is THAT.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Julia is adorable, and handles pretty well the futile task of keeping to a schedule. It's like bailing out the Titanic with a teacup.

You just have to watch the G4 interact wiht Amanda to know that there's some real trust there. AT trusts them to take care of her and to balance taking care of the fans with not abusing AT's time. doing their best to keep everyone happy without putting anyone out.

And if anyone every wonders why it seems that the G4 are protective of amanda, that's why. There's a trust there. And once you have that, yhou don't abuse it. Cause once it's broken, it's gone.

and, imho, that trust is why they were involved in Avalon. Unlike other con companies, Gabit can balance keeping fans happy with keeping the actors happy and taking advantage of neither.

too many con companies get too caught up in the bottom line and basically work the actors' like a dog and treat the fans like cattle. Gabit takes the harder road of trying to balance the two, and that caring shows in how well received the cons were and the general air of happiness felt by all parties.

Thus ends my soliquily

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                        It's not a private joke, but stems back to a Gabit meeting this year where in passing I casually mentioned that I have a phobia of Morris Dancers and Morris Dancing music - like some people have of Clowns, well mine is Morris Dancers. I have no idea really why, it's just my thing.

So the Staff decided to try to cure this strange phobia of mine at AT2. Imagine my surprise when I'm quietly minding the photo monitor during some photos when the music started up and they pranced in.

It was hilarious but didn't cure me sadly! I did cry with laughter when I saw them and got over the initial shock, but as you can see from the photographs I was still wary when we were having a photo done!

Julia
                        G4

Might I suggest keeping a small flask of tequila in your pocket for occassions such as these. I know those little blue bottles they sell on the airplane were just what I needed to deal with the eight to ten hour flight from the US to the UK --- twice mind you --- because once you get to the UK, you have to go back home the same way.

But I guess it wouldn't have looked good to have you stumbling about in a drunken stupor during the weekend. You did a wonderful job dealing with the stress and phobias! I'm truly impessed.

I think I need to see a hypnotist about my fear of flying if I ever plan to go to AT3, because I tend to make myself a nervous wreck worrying about it and end up driving my family crazy in the process.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 December 2006, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Hey folks. So, I'm slowly getting caught up with Stargate Atlantis. (I was so proud to have watched 9 1/2 seasons of SG-1 straight through over the course of a couple of months and then someone said, "You're not finished! You haven't seen all of Stargate - there's still SGA!")

SO, I've just finished watching the beginning of season 2. I do enjoy SGA. I love that it isn't the same TV show in a different locale. And upon further reflection, I think it's possible to bring Carter on as a regular character (again, not having seen most of season 2 or any of season 3), though I think it would work best as a recurring one. Maybe it's just the most recent episodes of SGA that I've been watching, but it's been all about the scientists. They are the ones coming up with ideas and saving the day. Carter would FIT RIGHT IN.

Anyway, I'm impatient to finish up the SGA episodes. I know Amanda has a couple more appearances. And frankly, none of them could possibly be shorter than the one in Letters From Pegasus!!! (Seriously - I couldn't believe how much I had been looking forward to that episode, knowing Amanda was going to be in it. No one warned me she was going to be in it for 10 seconds.)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, just with my ship thread(sorry, I have to know everything about the ship ). I haven't posted here in ages! So I'm not going to go back and read, but just jump right in. I missed a lot of the con talk, but I did hear a lot of great things about Amanda!

I haven't been here much because of school, but that's okay because I graduate on the 15th! *finally!!* Now I've got some time to breathe!

I hope everyone is doing well and not getting run over by the massive crowds at Wal-Mart!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              yes, anise could have been good. she showed real promise.

but when she had more wardrobe changes - consisting of less fabric each time - in her 3 episodes than jacob did in 3 years, it was fairly obvious that she was just there to flash skin.

back then, tptb listened with folks said 'enough t&a', but they don't do that now.

I think ti speaks volumes that Sam, who was never a sum of her cup size, is far longer lived and more popular than any of their bombshells

T&A may be pretty to look at, but the characters that have true appeal and staying p ower are those that are more than the sum of thier looks
                              AT's looks are more than fine to me and her intellect an added bonus.

I believe that the PTB were/are? looking to impress and 'grab' the younger male crowd by throwing 'boobs' in their faces thus making them drool and incoherent enough that they won't hear any of the conversation between the actors thus actually downgrading the actors to being merely sex symbols with no brains and insulting any young male demographic out there that are watching. Whew! How's that for a running sentence .

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              How cool is it that AT and RDA *wanted* to keep talking and they had to be forced to keep remotely on schedule. Lots of people probably would be covertly clock watching.
                              Julia is adorable, and handles pretty well the futile task of keeping to a schedule. It's like bailing out the Titanic with a teacup.

You just have to watch the G4 interact wiht Amanda to know that there's some real trust there. AT trusts them to take care of her and to balance taking care of the fans with not abusing AT's time. doing their best to keep everyone happy without putting anyone out.

And if anyone every wonders why it seems that the G4 are protective of amanda, that's why. There's a trust there. And once you have that, yhou don't abuse it. Cause once it's broken, it's gone.

and, imho, that trust is why they were involved in Avalon. Unlike other con companies, Gabit can balance keeping fans happy with keeping the actors happy and taking advantage of neither.

too many con companies get too caught up in the bottom line and basically work the actors' like a dog and treat the fans like cattle. Gabit takes the harder road of trying to balance the two, and that caring shows in how well received the cons were and the general air of happiness felt by all parties.

Thus ends my soliquily
                              So goes my plug now for Shore Leave, which is also fan run and takes great care of both actors and fans. If it's no fun for the actors or fans, it's a no go.
                              I'm so glad there are still fan run conventions out there!

I'll wonder if they do what I do since I'm tardy more than I'd like to share, by turning the clock ahead 15 minutes or so ahead of schedule to keep on schedule? Maybe they do and the headliners know it LOL!

Comment

Thus ends my soliquily

like i said to sky privately, this event was waaaaaaaay out of my money league, but i still hope that if another one is set up (with amanda and rick), it could be in rick's own back door. which is MY own back door. (no, i don't live with rick... whimpers... wish, wish, wish, wish, wish, wish, wish, drool, wish, whimper, wish, drool some more)

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X