Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    for all of you that couldn't go, here is the pic we got at avalon

http://www.avalon2006.co.uk/

the only difference is that ours is signed

aren't they gorgous together? such fast and wonderful friends
    thanks, sky!

what a wonderful picture.

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
    My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
    My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
    My Stargate Videos
    It's meant to be!

Comment

that avalon picture is beautiful. looks windy though... i'm glad i couldn't go... naw, i'm lyin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
        Thanks for checking with your contact and getting that info on line quickly. I'd hate to see a rumor like that one get out of control. Personally, I didn't believe it for a minute, since the tea at GABIT became a Champagne brunch. Now Poz, I'd love to know who your contact was if you feel like sharing.
        Yes, our official Tea did turn into a Champagne brunch! We swilled down the champagne and never even touched the tea! Too much fun drinking the champagne and eating the fancy sandwiches and sweets!

I really do think that she just had an upset tummy that morning. I even offered to bring Alka Seltzer to the Tea.
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 29 November 2006, 11:33 AM.

Comment

aren't they gorgeous together? such fast and wonderful friends
          Gawd, what a unique and stunning picture! The photo says everything about them as you mention: two fast and wonderful friends. And just naturally beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

... I was mulling over how to formulate my feelings on all of the cool GWers I met at AT2, but I was afraid of sounding cheesy. Well, since so many people have already taken that plunge, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Here's my AT2 Gateworld Gushing. I'm proud of the cheese that oozes from it, because it's all true. There are some really awesome Samandans/Gateworlders out there, whom I'd love to meet up with again if given the chance.
            Spazmeister, thanks SO much for painting a picture in words of your impressions of the GABIT weekend and all of us! You are one neat lady. This is such a beautifully written and sincere post ... I'm keeping it to remind me of all of you!

Speaking of ... I still have group piccies to share here at Samanda but I need everyone mentioned in Spaz's Live Journal Gushing to PM me for permission to post and identify us at the Renaissance and beyond ... er, the infamous Pheasant Inn last night of our getting together. Please! Sky, now that you're back too - let me know if I may post a couple shots that you're in.

Thanks again. Have to run! RL has been quite demanding this week, sorry!

Comment

Thank you for posting that. I tried to green you, but you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                I'm just hoping that they learned the right lessons for the sake of SGA, the SG1 movies, and that third series. They should have known all along that you can't develop a character as strong as Sam Carter played by someone as talented as Amanda Tapping then just make her disappear into the background. They must have finally remember that Sam makes rating rise. One of my big hopes for the last half of season 10 is that
                Spoiler:
                TRNT is a big ratings grabber. I get that the 2 RDA episodes and finale will probably be the top three rated eps this season, but TRNT needs to be a very close number 4. (I'd love to see it as number 1, but I'll take 4.)
                Of course, I've already given up on my other big hope for the end of season 10 (see sig). I'll have to hope for the movies.
                Didn't the SGA episode GUP score high in the ratings? I think you may be on to something tptb realize she is a great actress and she devotes a lot of time energy and talent to the franchise. My hope is that they use the Sam character wisely and productively on SGA. And of course for the SG-1 movies I have a lot of hope they will correct some of their mistakes tptb made in S9!

I also can't wait to hear more about her other project!
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 29 November 2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Err 1speed do you ever check your inbox?

Great posts by everyone some wonderful comments about GABIT and I especially love DOS's Live Journal write up - so sweet!!

Minigeek - Huge Congrats. You go girl!!!

Hope everyone has got or gets home safely

Thanks to Dips for asking about my new home - that meant a lot and was so sweet of you!!!!

Comment

Awwwww Sky, thats a lovely pic, Thanks for posting.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post
                      Err 1speed do you ever check your inbox?
                      Er yes, but I might not reply instantaneously. Don't want to appear too keen, do I?

Originally posted by Coley View Post
                      Great posts by everyone some wonderful comments about GABIT and I especially love DOS's Live Journal write up - so sweet!!

Minigeek - Huge Congrats. You go girl!!!

Hope everyone has got or gets home safely

Thanks to Dips for asking about my new home - that meant a lot and was so sweet of you!!!!
                      (on all counts)

Comment

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by minigeek
                        Hey guys, a little off topic, but some news of personal note for me.

I've finally received my sponsored confirmation today as a member of WIFTI (Women in Film and Television International). Nothing huge, of course, but a big deal for me since I'd allowed myself to become somewhat disillusioned with the industry in general over the past while and hadn't been chasing some of the headier goals I wanted to as actively as I should have been as a result. Well, I woke up. This is a way I can start to give back a bit too, and hopefully work with others towards making some much needed advancements instead of wallowing like a dope.

So... yay me! Thought I'd share my little epiphany. And, you know, spread the love!

Hugs,
                        geek

Congrats Mini!!

I remember hearing about this organization ..maybe during our Academy awards?? Now I'll be thinking all night........
                        I'm happy that it has taken off and has spread around the world!
                        I believe we have just about climbed out of the age of the cave man and have the respect we deserve. Finally!

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Skydiver

Thanks for posting this Sky Awe. Best Buddy Hugs!!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

Second of all, I was mulling over how to formulate my feelings on all of the cool GWers I met at AT2, but I was afraid of sounding cheesy. Well, since so many people have already taken that plunge, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Here's my AT2 Gateworld Gushing. I'm proud of the cheese that oozes from it, because it's all true. There are some really awesome Samandans/Gateworlders out there, whom I'd love to meet up with again if given the chance.
                            I found this phrase in Spaz's AT2 report:

Estrogenic Amanda Squeeing

I think we have a name for the Samandan garage band!

sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                              I found this phrase in Spaz's AT2 report:

Estrogenic Amanda Squeeing

I think we have a name for the Samandan garage band!

*gets crazy picture of Samandans armed with instruments stuck in mind*

ooh! I'm in. a friend is teaching me how to play the guitar but I'm not that great...

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                              My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                              My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                              My Stargate Videos
                              It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
                                *gets crazy picture of Samandans armed with instruments stuck in mind*

ooh! I'm in. a friend is teaching me how to play the guitar but I'm not that great...
                                Well I don't play an instrument, and I can't sing well....I guess that means I can be a back up singer
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X