• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't green ya yet, but...
    Congratulations on 3001 posts, Mandy!

Babble on.

Comment

Amen to that Stargate7777

(Great. this is my very first reply here)

Comment

we'll post pictures and our stories. they, at least for me, may have to wait until after gabit since i'm not taking my lappy

I do have a pda that can get on the internet, but haven't quite worked all the bugs out of it yet. kinda hard to experiment with the wireless when you don't have wireless at home
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          we'll post pictures and our stories. they, at least for me, may have to wait until after gabit since i'm not taking my lappy

I do have a pda that can get on the internet, but haven't quite worked all the bugs out of it yet. kinda hard to experiment with the wireless when you don't have wireless at home
          I'd love to take my laptop, but if I can't bum a European outlet-converter-thinger from my uncle (we need those right?), I probably won't even bother.

Pics still aren't allowed for anything but private use, right? As ForeverSG1 can attest, I'm almost bad luck when it comes to digital cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777 View Post
            I've been reading this thread for the past while and have decided to delurk (for what it is worth). I have been a fan of Stargate for 10 years (OK, just the first 8) but an online fan for only 2. I have 5 people I know who watch Stargate but do not go online, go to conventions or read fan fiction. When I ask them about Stargate and the characters they never make comments like " the portrayal of Sam diminishes the role of women" or "that episode was unbalanced in using the characters." For them, it is very simple: They like the show...they watch it. They don't enjoy the show...they stop watching.

I think what often gets obscured is the line between what has been discussed, debated and argued online as compared to what has actually been shown on television.

I have lately asked these people their opinion of the show and they have all stopped watching. Why? Two didn't realize that it was still on and three of them started watching and found it boring. "What happened to Jack?" or "It's not the same show without Jack."

In regards to Sam and Jack, they ALL thought they were together and didn't have a problem with it. They did ,however ,wonder why Sam wasn't the leader.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is easy to get involved in the show. We love it and the characters. We have strong opinions and choose to analyze and debate. It's fun and harmless (for the most part). It is not however, fact, but simply our viewpoint or perspective. The average fan (85%)(and who the writers are writing for) just want an entertaining and enjoyable show which... apparantly 1/3 of fans have decided isn't.

Welcome to the thread!!

yep it's easy to get involved..it's also easy to get addicted to stargate(see myself) and i love to debate..sometimes it's hard to defend your point of view..but i like it
            and it's to bad that not everyone loves the show anymore..but everyone has his/her own opinion and i'm glad that stargate still exists..and can't get enough of it..i rather have bad episodes of it with sometimes a good one then no stargate
            sigpic

Comment

By the way, Gateangel posted information about the broadcast order of upcoming episodeshere.

The Quest
              Bounty
              The Shroud
              Line in the Sand
              The Road Not Taken
              Bad Guys
              Talion
              Family Ties
              Dominion
              Unending

Is it me, or does it look like TRNT will air earlier than was originally speculated?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                How about a new CAPTION THIS:

i can't caption it... i don't understand what's going on in the pic. or more precisely, what's going on with amanda's face. (does she have something in her right hand, up next to her face?)

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i can't caption it... i don't understand what's going on in the pic. or more precisely, what's going on with amanda's face. (does she have something in her right hand, up next to her face?)

sally
                  yep it's a little bit strange if i look at it better now...it makes me curious..maybe she is doing her hair(okay that is really strange answer, but don't know)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickSpeed View Post

ah! ..aand sally: #4 is.. I'm working on getting the AT/RDA interview on my computer. I'm not really satisfied jet. I'll give you all a sign, when I found a good way.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickSpeed View Post

#8 I can't wait to hear what's going on with AT and her "new scifi project(s)". I love winter, but can we start winter after february and start february tomorrow?
                      i can't wait to hear about it too!

(i could have sworn amanda said something about an 'indiana jones' type project coming up?.... )

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
                        If you look closely at her hand, it looks like she's giving a "thumbs up" sign, but her thumb kinda blends into the background of Daniel's(?) neck.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa66 View Post
                          Amen to that Stargate7777

(Great. this is my very first reply here)
                          Hi!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            I'd love to take my laptop, but if I can't bum a European outlet-converter-thinger from my uncle (we need those right?), I probably won't even bother.

Pics still aren't allowed for anything but private use, right? As ForeverSG1 can attest, I'm almost bad luck when it comes to digital cameras.
                            I've got a european converter thingie as Spaz so eloquently named it and more than likely I'll be taking my laptop along and I've stocked up on memory cards so hopefully I'll be able to upload at least a few photos while I'm there.

However, one word of warning for anyone taking a laptop, while the Renaissance hotel does offer wireless internet service in their lobby, it is not free. If I remember correctly, the charge is L15( 27US ) a day. I believe the Avalon hotel in Bristol charges the same. So more than likely, if I do pay for internet service I won't do it for more than one day at each venue.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                              I've got a european converter thingie as Spaz so eloquently named it and more than likely I'll be taking my laptop along and I've stocked up on memory cards so hopefully I'll be able to upload at least a few photos while I'm there.

However, one word of warning for anyone taking a laptop, while the Renaissance hotel does offer wireless internet service in their lobby, it is not free. If I remember correctly, the charge is L15( 27US ) a day. I believe the Avalon hotel in Bristol charges the same. So more than likely, if I do pay for internet service I won't do it for more than one day at each venue.
                              That's okay Kat, we can wait But as soon as you step foot back in your house, you must get online
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

But I think if I could be Sam for only one episode it would have been Upgrades, because I believe it would have been cool to not only be super smart, but to have briefly had super powers as well.
                                How could I forget upgrades? I always love Daniel's "But I can read really fast!" I could get a ton of work done quickly (if only I had those powers when I was dissertating ) and have great speed and strength. We'll just skip the almost dying when the "genius armbands" stopped working.

Comment

Working...
                                X