Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    Days. Weeks, even?

Not that anyone would really care, but you guys want to know how this is usually done? It's kind of neat. <snip of cooll explanation> Amanda must be in every single position of every single stand-in (identical) blocking for such a scene, but the post team makes all the joins invisible thereafter... est voila!

geeeek
    And I'd bet that this is why TPTB think of Ripple Effect as a Sam Carter show. Unfortunately (and they should know this) scads of production time does not equal a great deal of screen time/a decent story. Too bad they couldn't figure that out without fans telling them.

Suse
    Last edited by suse; 16 October 2006, 09:17 PM.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i cannot WAIT to see it.

and gabit is getting even more real....and it's only a month away

over the weekend i got my instructions on how to meet up with MG and how we'll present the poster

a month from now, i'm gonna be in london!!!!!!!!!
      Lucky duck!! Any room in that suitcase of yours for an Aussie stowaway ???
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

[/QUOTE]
        Originally Posted by jckfan55
        I think the "pining" thing could be from AT's perspective--Sam's love life is on hold b/c of the Jack issue & it also sort of hangs over her. Of course, I can't speak for AT, but I interpret the being more than "Jack's girl" comment as meaning if they define Sam that way, she'll lose other things to play. That's really the basis of my anti-shipper-ness. For me it's just so easy to go with the cliche couple and forget the other things that make these characters great. Even good writers have a hard time not getting lost in the soap. [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        see, i've always seen it, if anyone is pining, it's jack.

he has feelings for her, he's expressed them. she's aware of them, and i think she's more than a little fond of him, but it's always been her idea to cool things down. And when she said back off, jack did. and always does.

he's there for her
        I think there is a little pining on both sides. It just shows to me what great respect they have for each other because neither one is willing to test their relationship at the expense of the others career. Throughout the show they have shown equally a set of feelings for each other that make the ship so strong. They both realize that they are attracted to each other and both are always there for each other. To me that is the foundation of a great friendship. I am hoping tptb do give closure to the ship. After all they have them together in every alternate Universe it's just there own reality they can't figure out. I also don't think the ship has to hurt their characters. After all people are married in the military for real and people don't look at someone and see a less strong person just because they are married to someone. Find that idea rather insulting. The only thing I fear is that tptb will write the characters weaker if they bring them together. That is the only way it could hurt them. Just need some good writers to make a difference. It could prove to be interesting to see just what they would do. But time runs out for them to show they have the talent to write a proper end to what they have fueled for 9 seasons. Heck there are even married couples serving in Afghanistan now. They just have to follow military protocol and are not allowed to share quarters. Mind set is the key issue and mine is set on seeing the ship has a happy ending. Where two strong characters survive as individuals sharing their life together. But that's just my opinion on it.

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777 View Post
          I've been reading this thread for the past while and have decided to delurk (for what it is worth). I have been a fan of Stargate for 10 years (OK, just the first 8) but an online fan for only 2. I have 5 people I know who watch Stargate but do not go online, go to conventions or read fan fiction. When I ask them about Stargate and the characters they never make comments like " the portrayal of Sam diminishes the role of women" or "that episode was unbalanced in using the characters." For them, it is very simple: They like the show...they watch it. They don't enjoy the show...they stop watching.
          I think what often gets obscured is the line between what has been discussed, debated and argued online as compared to what has actually been shown on television.

I have lately asked these people their opinion of the show and they have all stopped watching. Why? Two didn't realize that it was still on and three of them started watching and found it boring. "What happened to Jack?" or "It's not the same show without Jack."

In regards to Sam and Jack, they ALL thought they were together and didn't have a problem with it. They did ,however ,wonder why Sam wasn't the leader.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is easy to get involved in the show. We love it and the characters. We have strong opinions and choose to analyze and debate. It's fun and harmless (for the most part). It is not however, fact, but simply our viewpoint or perspective. The average fan (85%)(and who the writers are writing for) just want an entertaining and enjoyable show which... apparantly 1/3 of fans have decided isn't.
          Great post stargate7777...some very valid and interesting points made...and I would have to agree with you on pretty much all of it!! Thank you!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
            What struck me as funny was how often they were blocked together like that in that scene.

How often have we heard about the importance of blocking to indicate relationships or important characters and moments? And no, I'm not implying anything shippy here per se but rather that it's natural to see those two together. That scene for me screams that someone amongst TPTB get that AT + RDA = money shot.

That's their powerhouse right there.

yep!

my guesswork is that after amanda and rick had their lunch-with-a-fan auctioned on ebay and it went for a whopping 30,000 dollars, even amanda and rick realized how popular they are together. and i bet money signs flew before rick's eyes for his charities. after that, the avalon con was announced, and then before that comes about, they did the FMA event together.... popular and financially profitable.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
              I watched 'Upgrades' this weekend. That episode is hilarious. It would have been a good ep to be Sam...I really liked her jacket and she got to eat steak...among other things.
              I loved her hair, the jacket with the red jumper/sweater underneath...and the way she sank those balls on the poll table...way cool!!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                I thought so, but... but I wasn't sure and I only saw it once
                mandy, don't cry!

(((mandy)))

gives chocolate mousse cheesecake to soothe mandy's nerves... takes bite of said dessert to make sure it's alright for mandy... takes another... apologizes to mandy for eating entire dessert... oops

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                  I completely agree with everything you just said Oooober, but I just quoted that last bit because Sam will always overshadow the pretty new toys. She's classic Stargate, and while I like the new characters, they are never going to have the depth that Sam has developed over the past decade. TPTB can give her few lines, take away everything that was hers, and (attempt) to turn her into wallpaper, but it isn't going to happen. Sam Carter is larger than life. No matter what the writers/producers do, Sam is still (besides maybe Jack) the most recognizable character in Stargate. And let's face it, Sam is amazing because Amanda is amazing and she's poured herself into the character.
                  WooHoo...excellent post Gate gal...well said!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                    Or, looking at it another way, Sam never needed to say it.

Obviously it wasn't an issue when Jack was in command but when Sam was the leader of SG-1, she didn't have to constantly remind people of her status. She was respected for herself, not for a title she got by default.
                    Yep...good point Regan...I agree...and what does that tell everyone of the character of Sam Carter?? That she's damn brilliant...and practically perfect in every way!!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      mandy, don't cry!

(((mandy)))

gives chocolate mousse cheesecake to soothe mandy's nerves... takes bite of said dessert to make sure it's alright for mandy... takes another... apologizes to mandy for eating entire dessert... oops

sally
                      Thanks Sal, that's okay, I um...I'm on a diet, yea that's right, a diet, I couldn't have any moose cake anyway

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        Yay! Post 4,500!
                        WTG...Congrats on the milestone!!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

nolamom, from the shipper thread, makes shippers posters. she made this one, that i want to share here (it's not 'shippy').

click to enlarge

now that's what i'm talking about.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            I still think anyone of her rank, who held a leadership position, wouldn't accept Cam's offer to join his team, they would ask for their own team to lead
                            And Danny and Teal'c would transfer in a heartbeat...
                            There's a ff like that something like "Just a number"...

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                              And Danny and Teal'c would transfer in a heartbeat...
                              There's a ff like that something like "Just a number"...
                              That's by our very own ReganX! It's a great story.

Comment

Congrats on 4500 Regan X!

I really can't wait until Feb. to find out about Amanda's new project. Will someone going to Gammit please ask her about it?
                                Last edited by Gate gal; 16 October 2006, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X