Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM View Post
    But at least she got to work with Malcolm McDowell. He's cool (if creepy).

The one with SERIOUS plot issues was that Outer Limits where AT's character decided to live with her alien-contaminated astronaut boyfriend in his isolation cell. Ay!
    When MM's character called her's naughty she just burst out laughing and had a fangirl moment. "Malcolm McDowell called me 'naughty'!"

Suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
      manip by newbie_2u below:
      Spoiler:

LOL! Nice.

mg (all though, out of context in that manip, Sam does look a little constipated.... )

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Spoiler:

Speaking of pushing eyeballs back into sockets....

My LJ

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh... wow!

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
            There are THREE MEN (Not 2)
            Chronologically:
            1. Narim (S1)
            2. Jack (S3 POV)
            3. Pete
            2 bis (Actually this is the first only 3000 B.C.) Geeky Sam + Jack
            *ahem*

In our reality, there have only been two (voluntary) kisses: Narim and Pete.

Inter-Universal (tm) kisses, Time-travel/AUs, drug-induced urges, hallucinations-in-a-hallucination, time loops and RL kisses don't count.

Comment

When I think about resolution on the show in any form I think about the ending to the show. I realize that this show has a multitude of differing opinions and therefore everyone will want something different. What I don't understand is how some people want others to NOT get the ending they want if it really doesn't affect them. For example, Sam and Jack not ending in a relationship...but wanting the Ori storyline to be resolved.

I personally don't care what happens to Daniel. He could acend, get killed, go to Atlantis...whatever...and I wouldn't care. BUT, I know that a lot of people do so I wouldn't wish these things to happen.

I hope they resolve all the character arcs and storylines. You might not please everyone but I believe that MOST can be solved. And think about it...in 10 years what will you remember about the show. For me, it will be what I enjoyed, not what others got instead of me.

For the record...I love the Sam/Jack relationship. Up to the point I came online I thought that everyone did...my bad!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                Yep.

True. And for me personally, resolved means I know for a fact Sam and Jack are together.

Oooober, great posts lately-actually, great posts all the time. You are so deep.
                My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                  I realize that this show has a multitude of differing opinions and therefore everyone will want something different. What I don't understand is how some people want others to NOT get the ending they want if it really doesn't affect them. For example, Sam and Jack not ending in a relationship...but wanting the Ori storyline to be resolved.
                  I don't think I understand your example. Are you saying you don't understand people who do not want to see Sam and Jack in a relationship? If so, I'd respond that there are varying definitions of what constitutes 'no effect'. Carter ending up in a relationship with O'Neill would most certainly affect me because: 1) I like Carter bestest and 2) I don't see the attraction. Furthermore, pre-Beachhead, I was opposed to Carter shacking up with her CO. On a more general level, it would be nice not to have the show retroactively tarnished. That was my experience with a couple of other shows: the final season or 2 was so sucky I walked away and never looked back (any DVDs bought before the crash sit and gather dust).

So, yeah, one person's good is another's bad, but couching such issues in terms of fairness or relevance to self-vs-others is a doomed effort, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                    <snippety-doo-da>

By not providing clarity on the decision she came to because they left the ending ambiguous, the audience is not only left guessing about whether she and Jack are together (which is obviously the question the shippers are most interested in) but it also leaves the character is a state of developmental limbo. It would seem she went through that struggle for nothing; without it having any impact on her one way or another. That's unbelievable and incredibly poor story-telling IMO. Whichever way Sam did choose would inform her decisions and her character now; she would make reference to it now.

<snippety-ay>
                    This is exactly the point I was trying to make.

With all the time they spent on her personal struggles...to not show any followthrough on any level is just sad. It was important enough to focus on it while she was living through it...it should have been important enough to see what the point of her struggle was...to see the impact her choices made on her life.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:

Wow...that's cool!

WHAT?!?? I ship Sam with ANYONE in fanfic.

Comment

Apparently not, though! Because the Jack/Sam-shippers (that I read here) are saying it's not resolved - they weren't able to take "what they want". And the non-shippers (e.g. me and AD) are saying that it is and did.

Which suggests that only the shippers are finding it "ambiguous".
                        I became a shipper after Threads because I found it completely unambiguous and was shocked by the naturallness of the relationship on television. Most of the regular weekly viewers I know in RL also believe they are together as well. I think what many shippers mean by resolution is absolute canon confirmation. Or really just a kiss. .

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Wow...that's cool!

WHAT?!?? I ship Sam with ANYONE in fanfic.
                          My fanfic Sam's a bit of a floozie too
                          scarimor

Comment

My fanfic Sam's a bit of a floozie too
                            ROFL.

Had the real Sam had as much...erm...encounters [pats self on back for sufficiently PG euphamism] as fanfic Sam, she'd be in a coma...exhausted and overwrought from too much...uh...activity.

She'd be smiling though. Yes...a nice, soft, sated smile that puzzles the doctors and nurses as they tend to her in her comatose state.

Fanfic wise, I've seen her successfully paired with Jack, Janet, Elizabeth, Vala, Martouf, John and McKay (or any combination thereof). The Teal'c and Daniel ones I've read...not so much (not by anyone here btw). Oh wait... there was one Sam/Daniel fic by Jennghis Kahn that I thought worked okay.

Being true to who Sam is or could be in given scenarios is important to me. It's jarring to read her saying things that feel entirely out of character.

Comment

DEM, I'm not sure what you are trying to say either. You like Sam the best so you want certain things for that character,,,say...being in command of Sg1, etc.

I agree that Sam and jack in a relationship in the earlier seasons would have been wrong but if if they are shown as not being in the same chain of command then it would in no way make Sam look bad. As far as not seeing the attraction then you must have been plenty upset over the years. You may not see it, or agree with it but it certainly has been shown, discussed, alluded to, etc.

What I was trying to say is that in the end, If Sam and Jack are shown as being together in TV land when all is said and done, if they show 10 minutes (which is more than most episodes have shown) then how will that affect your overall enjoyment of the show or your feelings towards your favorite character. I mean, it's not as though we "shippers" suddenly woke up one morning and thought, HEY, Sam and Jack would be a cute couple. We've had a little help from the writers. (and actors).

If Jack (RDA) is no longer in the picture then Sam can be shown as a strong, competent and self assured woman and still have Jack. It isn't as though they have done a great job (the past year and a half )with Sam without Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                                There are THREE MEN (Not 2)
                                Chronologically:
                                1. Narim (S1)
                                2. Jack (S3 POV)
                                3. Pete
                                2 bis (Actually this is the first only 3000 B.C.) Geeky Sam + Jack
                                Yes, but as Teal'c said in POV, "Ours is the only reality of consequence."

Therefore, only Narim( S1 ) and Pete( S7-8) were actual kisses experienced by OUR Sam, so they are the only two that count.

Comment

Working...
                                X