Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifi_girl
    Spoiler:
    thanks for that chelle db.at's obv a trooper, a toughie cookie, and obv a great professional for keeping going even though she was really sick
    (((Amanda)))
    Poor Amanda! In her line of work, sick days are not an option.
    Spoiler:
    I hate that she was sick when she had to wear the space suit. Can you imagine how uncomfortable that was?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
      (((Amanda)))
      That's the thing. They are an option. But some actors (like Amanda) are so dedicated and considerate to the production schedule (which affects all of the actors and the crew) that they rarely if ever take any sick time. Being sick on a production schedule affects everyone. That doesn't stop some actors from doing it a lot more than others. Amanda, like so many other aspects of her personality, is a really sweet, really considerate person and it comes through in the fact that her colleagues all speak so highly of her ethics and her dedication.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
        (((Amanda)))
        Spoiler:
        I hate that she was sick when she had to wear the space suit. Can you imagine how uncomfortable that was?
        Spoiler:
        wearing a space suit while she was ill must have been really uncomfortable. she's obv a very dedicated and lovely person

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Yeah, the Camelot commentary was good. Amanda was very, very sick when they were filming the space suit scenes The other good ones were with Joe Mallozzi, since he actually gave some good insight (Very interesting to hear how Joe mention that, if he had it his way, the Asgard Beams would be gone, and the Ori/Ancients would be gone. He also said something about how Paul Mullie had a very interesting idea to get rid of the Ori/Ancients that he, Paul and Allan were keen on, but Cooper would never go for).
          Two words:

TRANSCRIBE kgo

It'll save me a waste of 35 bucks... Then again, maybe Wal-Mart will sell it for $20 during its first week... Meh. Still too much.

Comment

To keep gushing... just a bit.

When I think of the type of person that (I envision) Amanda to be, I realize that I may have a less than completely accurate picture of who the lady truly is (all fans do - we must, because we're not true acquaintences), but that doesn't matter to me, at the end of the day, because it's what she represents to me which I aspire to emulate.

The qualities I so admire in her (whether entirely accurate or somewhat glamorized) are qualities that I would like to strive to make more prominent in my own life. And that, for me, is a positive goal that makes sense in my life regardless of whatever small differences there might be between the image I have in my mind's eye and the 'gritty truth'. Amanda engenders (for me) the desire to be more consciencious, to reach for those elusive 'dreams out there', and to hold my head up high in the interim. For me, that outcome can only be a positive one.

I've only ever heard praiseful (in fact, glowing and often admiring) remarks from those I've spoken with who've either worked with Amanda or had the opportunity to chat with her - and that speaks to me of a person who is truly worthy of esteem. I look up to the lady's convictions, her courage and grace in the face of challenge, and to what I've seen her stand for over the years.

She is, and has been until now, a true class act. In every sense of the phrase.

So (in true 'virtual' spirit), here's to you, Amanda. Like so many other working professional women (and men!) in this forum ... I'd love to raise a glass and toast your influence and your example. For now and into the future.

CHEERS!

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Wow, inspiring post mini and so true
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*sign that*

You're so right! In the last weeks I watched a lot of interviews with Amanda, SciFi specials with Amanda,... and in each video you can notice and here the same great things in her. She always as a more positive than negativ view and things happening, she always at least makes you smile (if not even better), she always gives a quick, short, but thought trough answer,.....

If there's a person I'd take as an example, I think Amanda would be the first. If you know and study her a little, you can really learn a lot from her!

EDIT: Thenth post! Wohoo! lol
                Last edited by MickSpeed; 08 September 2006, 09:08 AM.

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                  ... The Ori, with all of their drab settings and monotone rhetoric, lack the individuality that made past episodes stand out. Apophis, Nirrti, Heru'ur, Yu, Cronos, Osiris, etc., all brought something different to the episodes they were in, and by having such a variety of opponents for SG-1 allowed the writers to give each member of the team a unique personal connection to a different villain.
                  Excellent point. Think how different Nirrti is, with her one-woman-band, ninja-like covert take-over of the SGC, to Sokar and his rich planetery backdrop, demonic warriors, and hordes of the damned. With the Ori we get same-old same-old same-old.

And Sam, Teal'c and Cameron are very much side-lined by it too.
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

Hey guys,

Sky has kindly provided a POLL to help me out with something. I'd appreciate it if you'd all have a chance to take a look and provide some input if possible!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=34939

Cheers,
                    mg
                    I voted for the second one! I really like that one... I don't know why but I just do...probably because of the black...
                    But they are both awsome MG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MickSpeed
                      *sign that*

You're so right! In the last weeks I watched a lot of interviews with Amanda, SciFi specials with Amanda,... and in each video you can notice and here the same great things in her. She always as a more positive than negativ view and things happening, she always at least makes you smile (if not even better), she always gives a quick, short, but thought trough answer,.....

If there's a person I'd take as an example, I think Amanda would be the first. If you know and study her a little, you can really learn a lot from her!

EDIT: Thenth post! Wohoo! lol
                      Congrats on your 10th post Mick, keep it up, you'll be catching up to the rest of us in no time
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                        Me too. That would make me buy it if nothing else. But if most of the commentaries are done by Peter "pottymouth" Deluise, count me out.

One thing I enjoy about AT's commentaries, is that 1) she usually does them with Martin Wood and he gives a lot of behind the scenes insight, 2) Amanda gives alot of behind the scene insight, plus character insight and 3) I just like hearing Amanda speak.
                        I'm so with you, KatG. I would add that I love hearing AT's various laughs.

Sometimes I wish Martin Wood would let AT get a word in edgewise, but at least he's talking about stuff relevant to the episode. some of the most disappointing commentaries for me were PDL and Gary Jones just cracking jokes and not paying any attention to the episode. I know some people enjoy that, but I want to hear about the actual behind the scenes stuff.
                        MW and AT have a good time and joke, but they do talk about the episode.

Considering I have no interest in buying the first 6 (AT-less ) episodes, I really find it hard to justify buying the boxed set.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          To keep gushing... just a bit.

When I think of the type of person that (I envision) Amanda to be, I realize that I may have a less than completely accurate picture of who the lady truly is (all fans do - we must, because we're not true acquaintences), but that doesn't matter to me, at the end of the day, because it's what she represents to me which I aspire to emulate.

The qualities I so admire in her (whether entirely accurate or somewhat glamorized) are qualities that I would like to strive to make more prominent in my own life. And that, for me, is a positive goal that makes sense in my life regardless of whatever small differences there might be between the image I have in my mind's eye and the 'gritty truth'. Amanda engenders (for me) the desire to be more consciencious, to reach for those elusive 'dreams out there', and to hold my head up high in the interim. For me, that outcome can only be a positive one.

I've only ever heard praiseful (in fact, glowing and often admiring) remarks from those I've spoken with who've either worked with Amanda or had the opportunity to chat with her - and that speaks to me of a person who is truly worthy of esteem. I look up to the lady's convictions, her courage and grace in the face of challenge, and to what I've seen her stand for over the years.

She is, and has been until now, a true class act. In every sense of the phrase.

So (in true 'virtual' spirit), here's to you, Amanda. Like so many other working professional women (and men!) in this forum ... I'd love to raise a glass and toast your influence and your example. For now and into the future.
                          CHEERS!

mg
                          Wow! Mini that is so well stated and really describes how I see Amanda as well, as I am sure most here feel the same way. I though I would share my own thoughts on the subject, if that okay ...

I didn’t know anything about AT before watching Stargate. I watch Stargate for many reasons and one was the fact that I loved how the character, Samantha Carter is portrayed. A strong capable hard working, career minded officer and a skilled soldier. The character could have been a hard edge soldier trying to fit into a man’s world, but that’s not how Amanda portrayed her. There is still the kick butt soldier, but there is also kindness and compassion shown to those in need of help. My favorite scene is still Sam not leaving Cassie to die alone. Let’s not forget that the character is a genius in all things science, an expert in her field, but still has her flaws. I know I have said this before, but I myself am a woman trying to make it in a field that is still mostly men. I’m at the start of my career by many standards, so it’s nice to see a character on TV succeeding. A role model if you will.

I started watching because of the great character Sam Carter is, the back story of her possible relationship with Jack (I know I’m in the minority on that one ) and this GREAT chemistry between all four main characters.

However, I stayed around and started hanging out here when I started hearing great things about the actress that portrayed the great character. So it’s great to see an actress, or anyone thrust out in the public eye that can still be so genuine, humorous, and considerate. So thanks to all those that have shared their stories about meeting Amanda, pointing us in the direction of the latest interview with Amanda or another actor, director, writer that have said wonderful things about her. And I agree with Mini here's to Amanda for being a great example!!

Comment

Re: the Ori. I agree with those who've said they make a bad enemy. How can humans really defeat them? I could see the Ori being convinced to make a strategic retreat without really giving up the idea of coming back in a few hundred years. A sort of evil has been defeated for the time being, kind of thing.

Man is AT a trouper. Calling in sick at least one day would have been totally justified under those circumstances. But it seems like her sense of responsibility told her if she was out it would screw up production. I would have said tough luck.

I loved in the clip in the special for episode 200 where we see them filming
                            Spoiler:
                            the scene where they're running and she has to say a techno line while shooting her gun and it jams on her. She starts by explaining to MW seriously what happened. But then as MS starts kidding her, she switches gears. For me that showed that she takes what she does seriously, but doesn't take herself seriously.
                            I really admire the way she hasn't become a "star" with all the attitude. Now she may have known the cameras were filming that moment, but I doubt that made any difference. Couldn't you see some other actor who let her stardom go to her head pitching a fit
                            Spoiler:
                            b/c the gun jammed? "What's wrong with the %$#! armorers?!" "How can I be expected to work under these conditions?!" or something like that.
                            AT Rocks.

Comment

I've created a monster...
                              I'm the poor fool who introduced Regan to Stargate.

She, in turn, introduced me to Gateworld, StargateWiki, ff.net...

I'm a big Sam fan, so we're co-authoring a new spin-off story on ff.net with Carter as the central character - Stargate: Athena.

Comment

Originally posted by SionnachOghma
                                I've created a monster...
                                I'm the poor fool who introduced Regan to Stargate.
                                oh, that was YOU was it?

thanks or something like that.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X