Well Sky, I didn't want it to come down to this but you left me no choice
    I've had to call out our national secret weapon

warning not for the faint hearted

Spoiler:
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      i love the second word, simply because it's not a curse word here. so it's kinda fun to use since it's not that bad

and i agree, american sam would never use it

soemtimes that crops up in fic. jack putting on a jumper or janet pushing the trolly or hammond talking over the tannoy or daniel putting on teh kettle
      ok, the other stuff i get, but c'mon! you guys don't have kettles over there? (*sgb walks off grumbling maniacly about stupid backwards countries with no kettles*)

ssooo, um. i know that a jumper is some kind of skirt or somethin' over there, but what's the deal with the kettle thing?

Comment

Originally posted by MickSpeed
        hey guys. I've seen this some times before and just found it again on google video. It's great, I could watch it the hole day. But one question, what do they have except: belt buckles, and a piece of gum? Theres a third one, but I don't unnderstand what she says. Anything like shoolays?

...gone to watch it again....

I love this video. I usually use his qoue for no reason. Sometimes I just want to make people laugh.
        Stargate Pants Girl
        (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
        Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

a kettle is....well, we have kettle corn, which is popcorn made when a HUGE cauldron is heated

and some may have a tea kettle - we did when i was younger

but in the day and age of the coffee maker - which will also heat water in minutes as opposed to 10-20 minutes on the stove, not many folks use a kettle anymore

and a jumper is basically a pinafore, but wiht a back and front on the top...imagine a vest and skirt as one piece, meant to be worn with a shirt underrneath
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

a kettle is....well, we have kettle corn, which is popcorn made when a HUGE cauldron is heated

and some may have a tea kettle - we did when i was younger

but in the day and age of the coffee maker - which will also heat water in minutes as opposed to 10-20 minutes on the stove, not many folks use a kettle anymore

and a jumper is basically a pinafore, but wiht a back and front on the top...imagine a vest and skirt as one piece, meant to be worn with a shirt underrneath
            But, why would Jack be putting on a jumper
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              But, why would Jack be putting on a jumper
              dunno, ask the brit/aussie fic writers....they're the ones that keep doing it
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                Have you read A matter of Survival by Gen Varel???
                no. link please!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

The only person I know who still has a kettle you heat on a stove is my aunt. Everyone else uses the electric kind.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    no. link please!

sally
                    Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      The only person I know who still has a kettle you heat on a stove is my aunt. Everyone else uses the electric kind.
                      No way!! I LOVE my whistling stove kettle! I just bought a new one last week in fact, love it love it. It's shiny, stainless steel and very modern, too. So there.

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=search

geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Well Sky, I didn't want it to come down to this but you left me no choice
                        I've had to call out our national secret weapon

warning not for the faint hearted

Spoiler:
                        can't green you

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

This is how I feel after the last week

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

That's a riot. I made this one back in May and obviously used a picture from In The Line of Duty as well... ROFL

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Awwww! ((((tsax)))))

Comment

Oh, btw... I'm not sure if Deej has mentioned this again, but I thought it couldn't hurt to post it big & bold anyway.

ATTENTION, ATTENTION!!!

This is Another Friendly Reminder for Fic Writers and Fic Readers!
                                Join us for a unique opportunity to read tales of your favorite female Stargate characters! Together in one story, in one ficathon!

Our premiere theme is "The Great Exchange", where one Stargate leading lady finds herself in cahoots with another leading lady from the opposite series. Have you ever wondered how much butt Teyla or Weir could kick with either Sam or Vala on their side? Well, here's your chance to find out!

If you haven't seen this invitation before or if you're still deciding, there's still time to make your move -
                                but the sooner you sign up, the better!
                                October 21st is the deadline for submissions!!

Join The Women of the Gates ficathon today!

Comment

Working...
                                X