X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    PLEASE, more detail on that!

sally
    Amanda was so sick she couldn't even stand or sit without having to hold herself up...apparently she had a really bad cold.
    Spoiler:
    She said that her husband Alan had to drive her to work (too dizzy to drive herself!) and she still had Olivia with her...no doubt she still was breast feeding so that would have been pretty tough...and she was really dizzy and..."barfing" (Martin Woods' words btw!!) She got progressively worse during the week. The scene where she is sitting and talking to Kvasir was because she literally couldn't stand...and you can see her clingy on to the bench coz she was dizzy even though she was sitting down. They used her double for a lot of shots too. So yeah she was pretty crook...she said that she had never been that sick before...or something along those lines...listen to the commentary on Camelot...she tells it all. She's such a trooper!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      I've always also felt that the Ori are too "super" to be dealt with believeably. Omnicient enemies are, by definition, implausible foes - the conflict would be moot given their omnicience. Somewhat like "Q" in the Star Trek TNG series, who was never actually made a true enemy for that very reason. The idea of the Ancients in the SG-1 universe was a neat one, but the Ori taint that cool idea, in my opinion. The notion of the Ancients (going all the way back to the first time we saw Oma in the ancient monastary could have been a fantasticical idea, were it not for the kitsch of the Ori "flip of the coin" that came afterward. But that's just MHO. Defeating the Ori would/will have to be Dea Ex Machina. Which is just what the Asgard beams are, too. Same vein of thought. I agree, AD, it is very interesting to hear that Joe said that.

geek (the absentee ... but trying to come back slowly!)

Interesting, too, that Joe and Paul were both keen on a way to get rid of the Ori, but that Coop would never go for it. Another tic in the 'why I just don't believe Coop is a good showrunner' column. I wonder if, on the Season 10 DVDs any of the commentaries will be about where they went wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
        And look who directed Ripple Effect. Surprise! PdL made an unwarranted assumption, and I honestly believe it's because PdL is practically staff and believes he can take such liberties.
        And that could be why AM had problems with that scene being completely different than his intent. Being the new guy, either he didn't feel he had the chops to go to PDL and do anything, or not being a writer with producer credits, PDL just didn't listen when he did. Joe, on the other hand, does have production credits, and has been around a long time so had the clout, and likely doesn' t see PDL as somehow being higher up any amorphous chain of command than he is, and simply beat him about the head and neck with what he wanted done.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
          Interesting, too, that Joe and Paul were both keen on a way to get rid of the Ori, but that Coop would never go for it. Another tic in the 'why I just don't believe Coop is a good showrunner' column. I wonder if, on the Season 10 DVDs any of the commentaries will be about where they went wrong?
          i dunno, depends. usually, in 'hollywood' or vancouver, you don't piddle in the sandbox. ie you don't publically say 'this person screwed me over' because you don't want that person's friends to take it out on you. you just say something diplomatic and move on, preserving the connections you have that might get you your next job

for this reason, unless coop decides to stand up and say 'yep, all thse changes were 100% my fault' - which he won't - i don't see the writers ever donig more than veiled comments. I'm honestly surprised that Joe broke the party line saying what he did. the cynical part of me wonders if it's more a case of 'yeah, we know that's not popoular so i'm gonna distance myself from it. I will be looking for work soon after all'
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
            And that could be why AM had problems with that scene being completely different than his intent. Being the new guy, either he didn't feel he had the chops to go to PDL and do anything, or not being a writer with producer credits, PDL just didn't listen when he did. Joe, on the other hand, does have production credits, and has been around a long time so had the clout, and likely doesn' t see PDL as somehow being higher up any amorphous chain of command than he is, and simply beat him about the head and neck with what he wanted done.

I agree with you that AM might feel that he couldn't complain because he's only a writer, and a new guy too, but I wonder if AM was even there when the episode was being filmed? If not, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to protest. AM might not have seen the scene until it was aired. I don't think that the writers are necessarily on the set during filming. Except of course when the writer also happens to be the director or a producer or show runner.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
              Spoiler:
              Wasn't that between the Sam and Cam in the black outfits..the Sam that had recently come back from a honeymoon? Er, either she was cheating on her husband or that reality doesn't have regs and they were married...or they do and they were majorly broken. Either way,
              Spoiler:

Or it proves that Sam is not in Cam's direct chain of command and that they are equals on the team. And if they truly were married in that reality or simply dating we know who was really in charge of SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                Spoiler:
                Wasn't that between the Sam and Cam in the black outfits..the Sam that had recently come back from a honeymoon? Er, either she was cheating on her husband or that reality doesn't have regs and they were married...or they do and they were majorly broken. Either way,
                Spoiler:
                We can't really take anything the bad SG-1 said as fact. If their Sam was truly back from her honeymoon, I doubt that she was married to their Mitchell - I got the impression that she rejoined SG-1, consisting of Teal'c, Daniel and Mitchell, after her honeymoon, so unless she went on her honeymoon by herself while alternate-Mitchell stayed at the SGC, she was married to somebody else.

BLACK BDU TEAL'C: And with the new threat to this galaxy, I returned to SG-1.
                DANIEL: Right, along with Col. Mitchell, myself, and eventually Col. Carter, who rejoined following her—
                BLACK BDU TEAL'C: Following her honeymoon.
                If she'd been married to alternate-Mitchell, surely it would have been "their" honeymoon.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  Spoiler:
                  We can't really take anything the bad SG-1 said as fact. If their Sam was truly back from her honeymoon, I doubt that she was married to their Mitchell - I got the impression that she rejoined SG-1, consisting of Teal'c, Daniel and Mitchell, after her honeymoon, so unless she went on her honeymoon by herself while alternate-Mitchell stayed at the SGC, she was married to somebody else.

If she'd been married to alternate-Mitchell, surely it would have been "their" honeymoon.
                  Spoiler:
                  She was on her honeymoon with Janet *nod*

Comment

Hey guys,

Sky has kindly provided a POLL to help me out with something. I'd appreciate it if you'd all have a chance to take a look and provide some input if possible!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=34939

Cheers,
                    mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      not just too ominscient, for me, too REAL

the world is already full of folks that would willingly and gladly kill me because i'm the wrong religion and i wear the 'wrong' clothes

i live with that (even more so since i'm gonna be getting ona trans atlantic flight in a couple of months) and i don't find it entertaining

my second issue with the ori, they don't have a weakness and there's no way to 'beat' them short of killing them...which means we only beat them by becoming them

not very heroic if you ask me
                      Well said. It is fear that feeds these who claim to be so fearless. They hide behind religion as a reason to do what they do. Unfortunately we can not live in fear of them and can only hope that what we do to stop them in their tracks is enough. Unfortunately as we watch the Ori we can see a connection to the current situation in our world. Perhaps Sam will come up with some great solution to solve the Ori situation and we will be able to apply it further. Don't fear your upcoming flight. I am sure you will be safe.
                      Always smile anyway it gets you through the day.

Comment

Hey guys,

Sky has kindly provided a POLL to help me out with something. I'd appreciate it if you'd all have a chance to take a look and provide some input if possible!

Cheers,
                        mg
                        I've added my vote. Hope it helps
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Hey guys,

Cheers,
                          mg
                          I've added my vote, hope it helps
                          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            i dunno, depends. usually, in 'hollywood' or vancouver, you don't piddle in the sandbox. ie you don't publically say 'this person screwed me over' because you don't want that person's friends to take it out on you. you just say something diplomatic and move on, preserving the connections you have that might get you your next job

for this reason, unless coop decides to stand up and say 'yep, all thse changes were 100% my fault' - which he won't - i don't see the writers ever donig more than veiled comments. I'm honestly surprised that Joe broke the party line saying what he did. the cynical part of me wonders if it's more a case of 'yeah, we know that's not popoular so i'm gonna distance myself from it. I will be looking for work soon after all'
                            It makes sense that they wouldn't want to be pointing fingers at colleagues, they never know when they'll be working with them again, after all. Plus, I don't know how keen other execs would be to hire somebody with a history of publicly blaming their colleagues when things went sour.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Hey guys,

Cheers,
                              mg
                              i voted too. they're both great.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                                Amanda was so sick she couldn't even stand or sit without having to hold herself up...apparently she had a really bad cold.
                                Spoiler:
                                She said that her husband Alan had to drive her to work (too dizzy to drive herself!) and she still had Olivia with her...no doubt she still was breast feeding so that would have been pretty tough...and she was really dizzy and..."barfing" (Martin Woods' words btw!!) She got progressively worse during the week. The scene where she is sitting and talking to Kvasir was because she literally couldn't stand...and you can see her clingy on to the bench coz she was dizzy even though she was sitting down. They used her double for a lot of shots too. So yeah she was pretty crook...she said that she had never been that sick before...or something along those lines...listen to the commentary on Camelot...she tells it all. She's such a trooper!
                                Spoiler:
                                thanks for that chelle db.at's obv a trooper, a toughie cookie, and obv a great professional for keeping going even though she was really sick

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X