Originally posted by majorsal
    spoilers for 'morpheus'

Spoiler:
    it was alright.

things i liked:

sam. always sam.

the creepy atmosphere.

co-lead. i saw co-leading going on.

vala was not only toned down again, but likeable. i actually *liked* vala.

mitchell was toned down again. he acted mature and like someone that would actually be on an sg team.

landry was amusing and 'feels' like a leader. i felt that way about him from the get-go.

things i didn't care for:

vala's last lines about the sexual harrassment thing with woolsey.

mitchell being leader. whether i see the co-leading, he's still the official leader.

officially, a good ep. nothing 'great', but something i'll fastforward through to my fave scenes. but still entertaining enough.

unofficially, get rid of mitchell and i'll like this show more. he ruins *my* fantasy for sam leading sg1 *again*.

also, i wonder if we'll ever see another *sam episode* again?

oh, ps about a furture ep -
    Spoiler:
    what is the name of the ep that's coming up that's 'supposed' to deal with the leadership issue? what ep number?

sally
    I think it's episode 5 of Season 10
    Spoiler:
    http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/1005.shtml
    When Mitchell and Landry are at Jack's cabin!!!

Comment

Well, I guess it's my turn to give my opinion about this week's episode. Major spoiler ahead for the rest of the season!
      Spoiler:
      I loved it! I enjoyded last week, but this was much better! I love that they actually went through the stargate. I love that the team got equal screen time. I really enjoyed the scene in the cave where Teal'c, and Cameron were about to explore, and Sam told them to maintain radio contact as long as possible. It felt like an order to me! I am glad that she didn't give up like the promos suggested. I love that Cameron was not the main hero, but I thought he came across as competent. I'm so glad that Teal'c saved the day and that SG1 held out longer than the other guys (no big shock, but still...). I enjoyed Vala's story as well, and I'm glad she won't be an official member of the team yet. Make her earn it like Jonas did! SG1 will still technically be a four man team. I bet she'll be Daniel's temporary replacement when he becomes an Ori. Woolsy is quickly becoming one of my favorites (both on SG1 and Atlantis). He isn't near as clueless as he was before Sam saved him last year. (Yeah Sam!) Landry is believable now. I loved the comment Daniel made about when General Hammond was in that chair. (Of course, General Hammond had "the chair" he used sent to Washinton, but I liked the symbolism.)
      I'd watch this one again! I think season 10 is going to be great!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Well at least I'm not losing my mind. I'm sorry but that annoyed me. I wouldn't have minded the ashen face if the color had been constant. I expected the color on the team to be different than those at the SGC but their faces kept changing between ashen and colored which I did not like at all.
        Hey, Kat, if you're seeing 'spotting' I would suggest dialing down the colour on your teevee (or tuner). It's like your tv is trying to show more colour than intended, know what I mean?

The sound mix was even worse than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          So... I've been trying to figure out why the ratings would have dropped... why folks who tuned into Season 9, wouldn't tune into Season 10? I know why I stopped watching, but I didn't watch most of Season 9 ( monitored things through spoilers and forums and waited to see if there was anything that I wanted to watch - there wasn't)... so if there were folks who actually watched most, lots of, or all of, Season 9... most of the episodes... through to the season 9 finale... why wouldn't they tune into Season 10's premiere? If you were someone who liked Season 9, why wouldn't you tune into Season 10? -- it looks to have even more of what was in Season 9...more Vala, more Ori, lots of Mitchell - and TPTB ahve stated that they wrote and/or sketched out a lot of the next season immediately after Season 9 wrapped, so it follows the same lines as Season 9...TPTB (and BB) tout Season 10 as Season TWO... so, again, if you liked Season ONE (Nine), then why not tune into Season TWO (Ten)?

I'm not trying to ridicule anything here - or be sarcastic... I am genuinely trying to figure this out. I don't understand what message the fans are sending. If they liked Season 9, why aren't they tuning into Season 10?

There's a thread discussing the Season Premiere ratings, and there it has been postulated that the season premiere of Stargate suffered from lack of advertising, but that doesn't quite do it as an explanation for me... as a loyal scifi fan, I was always aware of the general time of the year that the season premiere should show up, and once that time neared, I would look up the actual air time - ahead of time. And TV Guide and such are great at noting such things, so it's difficult for me to believe that folks were clueless that Stargate's season premiere was airing (at roughly the same time that it has in July for years).

Every time I watched a Star Trek season ending cliffhanger, I was really looking forward to the season premiere months later. Even if I knew how things were going to work out... even if I didn't actually care for their current storyline, the months of waiting always made me tune into the season premiere.

So what's going on here in StargateLand?

I know where my preferences lie... and I know how I feel about the 'new direction' of the show... and it's tempting to think that there are a lot of other fans and viewers who feel the same way that I do. But if that's so, then why did so many tune in for Season 9 (One)? And, again, where are they now?

I just don't get it. Can anyone explain this to me?
          you know when it's hard to put your finger on something... well, my finger touched but ONE issue that i'm having with this show now.

it's not only that there's too many characters on this show now, it's that the newbies are the only ones being highlighted anymore (with daniel getting more from the original 3). take tonight's ep. i don't need spoilers to say that this was basically like a vala ep, with the b-storyline actually being about the situation on the planet. and on the planet, we had four ppl to fill the plot around. if this had been the stargate of old, the b-storyline (planet situation) would have been the main plot, with a LOT more time spent on what was happening to sg1 and their 'problem'. oh, and let's not forget hiring a lead actor of beau bridges stature that 'has' to have some storytime for his character... it's getting pretty crowded in sg1 land now...

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
            I've noticed a serious funny-line shortage from Sam. She used to be kind of snarky and have a sort of dead-pan humour. Now...she's turning into Season 7 Scully
            Well, as long as she doesn't turn into Season 8 Scully then I'd still keep watching! Season 8 Scully bugged me A LOT, she NEVER stopped crying!!!!
            Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Quick flyby post before bed. I can tell you that watching an episode on a big screen with about 1,000+ fans and great sound makes for an enjoyable way to watch an episode. Tonight for the SciFi Friday event at Comic Con the room was full -in fact 15 mins before the episodes started they warned people that if you left your seat you may not be able to get back in the room because the room was full and there were still people lined up in the hall waiting to get into the room. They started the night by showing "Eureka" and a couple of special promo trailers, next came SG-1 and the night ended with Atlantis.

Well I have to be up in 5 hours so I'm off to bed. I have a couple of news items I will share with you all when I get home either Sunday or Monday.

The SG panel will be tomorrow so I will let you know if there is any new news.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Morpheus:
                Spoiler:
                Didn't mind it. In fact, it felt like an sg1 ep of old Best line in the episode was Sam's 'And you say you don't understand me?' to Cam when Daniel goes off on his little history lesson

Vala's story was enjoyable enough, but fairly obvious. At least they didn't just hand out her sg1 patch and send her out on the frontlines 2 days after she got there.

The Lizard! Could almost call it a Gecko....

The bit at the end where Sam and Daniel succumbed to sleep was pretty cool. Where they put her in the transport thing while she was attempting to explain the problem to them, and still trying to talk to them when they'd sealed it. Missed out on a chance to do some awesome character stuff between Sam and Daniel though... I suppose there's always fic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                  Well, I guess it's my turn to give my opinion about this week's episode. Major spoiler ahead for the rest of the season!
                  Spoiler:
                  I loved it! I enjoyded last week, but this was much better! I love that they actually went through the stargate. I love that the team got equal screen time. I really enjoyed the scene in the cave where Teal'c, and Cameron were about to explore, and Sam told them to maintain radio contact as long as possible. It felt like an order to me! I am glad that she didn't give up like the promos suggested. I love that Cameron was not the main hero, but I thought he came across as competent. I'm so glad that Teal'c saved the day and that SG1 held out longer than the other guys (no big shock, but still...). I enjoyed Vala's story as well, and I'm glad she won't be an official member of the team yet. Make her earn it like Jonas did! SG1 will still technically be a four man team. I bet she'll be Daniel's temporary replacement when he becomes an Ori. Woolsy is quickly becoming one of my favorites (both on SG1 and Atlantis). He isn't near as clueless as he was before Sam saved him last year. (Yeah Sam!) Landry is believable now. I loved the comment Daniel made about when General Hammond was in that chair. (Of course, General Hammond had "the chair" he used sent to Washinton, but I liked the symbolism.)
                  I'd watch this one again! I think season 10 is going to be great!
                  I have to wait until later this year before I see it but from everything I've read on Morpheus, it would seem there is some effort going into balancing the characters better than last season.

I'm looking forward to it.
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                    Dude, you don't want that.

Spoiler:

Flesh and Blood
                    See Sam float.

See Sam float in space.

"Float here, Sam," said the Tok'Ra op-er-a-tive.

"Float, Sam, float! Float to the hatch."

Hee.
                    LOL!! That reminds me of the "See Jack run" books we read in grade 1.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Any chance someone could help return votes for a little while?

link
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        yes, those childish little pigtails need to go.

she's a grown woman not a little girl
                        Thank you...I was just saying that today...what's with the pig tails...it's not like she's little miss innocent FCOL!! You're right...she's a grown woman and yet they dress her like a little girl...well kinda...the hair has gotta go!
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Night all...thanks for the spoilers...can't wait to see it for real!!
                          Take care and be safe!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                            Any chance someone could help return votes for a little while?

link
                            Sorry, the new system won't let me register. I've tried several times and no luck!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              So... I've been trying to figure out why the ratings would have dropped... why folks who tuned into Season 9, wouldn't tune into Season 10? ...

I just don't get it. Can anyone explain this to me?
                              The effects of one episode/season knock on to the next. If an ep/season isn't so hot, the next one suffers.

season 9 lacked:
                              • excitement; the pacing for the majority of episodes was ploddy. Excitement is a common denominator factor.
                              • plausiblity; far less important for gaining a popular audience if you have excitement, but without excitement and panache its one of the things you need to fall back on; and if you don't have it, people have time to notice that you don't have it. (Note: Alias is frequently implausible, but it races along at a cracking pace, with money on screen even for the shortest scenes, so who gives a f.?)
                              • cool villains; the Ori were not visible. Their avatars (priors, the odd village baddy) were staid and almost immobile. They were in no way gripping (note: Adria may change this, but if so it will take time to kick in).
                              • character interest: no one cared about anyone else. No one had a bust up with anyone else. Why would people watch?
                              scarimor

Comment

Wow, it is quiet here today! I can' let us stay on page 2! I have been in a really bad mood about the whole Devlin movie deal, and I started thinking about how the SG1 actors must be feeling right now. I wonder what AT thinks about Devlin's idea. Since he didn't create the Sam character, it stands to reason that AT wouldn't be in the new movie. This is not acceptable for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X