Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    Daniel: Do you think we should help? Mitchell doesn't stand a chance!
    Teal'c: Colonel Mitchell appears to have bitten off more than he can chew.
    Sam: What can we do? He said that he doesn't want us hovering over him. We have to let him fight his own battles.
    *Anguished shriek from Mitchell offscreen*
    Daniel: Who'd have thought that Vala was such a good fighter.
    Mitchell: *offscreen* Uncle! Uncle!
    ROFLMAO!! Classic!! Very cool Regan!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Well, a while back, we had a cat named Samantha(this was WAY before SG). She was very pretty, but a dog killed her...

So a while later we found a cat that sort of reminded my family of her and we named him Sammy in her honor. We still have Sammy, but a stray has come up. We're pretty sure it's a girl(she's still just a baby!). I can't name her by myself. It's a family cat, so everyone's got to agree. She's a little tabby kitty with black, white, gray, and orange. She's very pretty.
      When I got my last two mice, I named them afetr countries...one was China and the other was Taji (from Tajikestan)...maybe you could name the cat after country or a type of fruit like mango or pawpaw or melon or apple!
      Just an idea!
      We had one mouse named Lolly cos she looked like a lolly we have here...a jersey caramel!
      What about the name Primrose or Callistemon or Bluebell or an aussie fav...Banksia!!
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        "spoiler": The Ori are attacking rock bands and SG1 must go undercover as (insert band name here -I couldn't think of a good one) in order to stop this dastardly turn of events. Cam is the lead singer (of course ); Teal'c is yummy on keyboards, Daniel is looking good on guitar and Sam is the hot "girl drummer." They manage to recycle their outfits from "Off the Grid." Their band becomes quite popular. Will they leave SG1 for fame and fortune?
        I think you just might have come up with the new spinoff.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
          It would be really interesting if they had something serious happen where Vala learns that her flippant/irreverent behavior is not always appropriate, esp. in military/combat situations. They could start by having Vala not listening to Sam and not taking her warnings and advice seriously. Then something bad could happen on a mission b/c of Vala's refusal to follow SGC protocol. And in the end, Vala could learn a valuble lesson and come to have a newfound respect for Sam's advice. Perhaps a scene between her and Sam like the
          Spoiler:
          ones between Woolsey and Sam in The Scourge. He starts off very antagonistic towards Sam and by the end he comes to respect and admire her knowledge and wisdom.

Ah, that would be lovely. However, I can't get it out of my head that these are the same people who brought us Cambo.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Well, a while back, we had a cat named Samantha(this was WAY before SG). She was very pretty, but a dog killed her...

So a while later we found a cat that sort of reminded my family of her and we named him Sammy in her honor. We still have Sammy, but a stray has come up. We're pretty sure it's a girl(she's still just a baby!). I can't name her by myself. It's a family cat, so everyone's got to agree. She's a little tabby kitty with black, white, gray, and orange. She's very pretty.
            I'm so sorry about your cat. I had a Samantha too (also named before Stargate), and she died of kidney failure when she was about six. It's been several years and I still miss her terribly.

I now have a Sammy too, who doesn't resemble Samantha at all. I just like the name. Come to think of it, my dog when I was growing up was Samson aka Sam.

Is it any wonder I like Sam Carter? The name alone should do it don't you think.
            sigpic

Comment

Well...can I just say how much fun I have just had reading through todays posts...what a cracker!!
              My day at work was somewhat..um...hectic and strange...I found false teeth in the bottom of a basket today...lovely little surprise that was...then I couldn't finish on time cos the load today was quite large and then hubby didn't make it home til late so I had to pick jnr up from after school care..late...then daughter dear got a detention for something she didn't do...will be speaking to the school on Monday...and all I wanted to do was put my feet up and have a beer. But no...someone had to go shopping cos there was no food in the house.
              Finally...after dinner I read my mail...bills, bills and more bills....then a letter from Sarah in the UK...woohoo...things were looking up!
              Then I get onto GW and straight to this thread...and now I'm a happy little camper again...whew...what a day...and it aint over yet!!
              Thank you to everyone who has posted pics from Shore Leave...they are super...and although I thought Amanda looked tired in some of the photo's...she just kept smiling that million dollar smile...what an amazing person she truly is. I just don't know how she does it...juggling a career and motherhood and then going to the cons and she just keeps on smiling. All I can say is...WOW! Thank you Amanda!!
              Good night everyone...I'm gonna go check the rest of GW out before I hit the sack. Take care and be safe!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                Someone please correct me if you feel I misheard but at Shore Leave when AT was talking about Sam's interactions with Vala there was an awful lot of "But you can't do..." "We don't do it that way..." Sam frustration with Vala. While some might call that funny it would be very one-note very quickly. I'm very worried that Vala will be written as walking all over Sam in the same way she walked over Daniel in S9. And they'll think it's letting the "id" run free. I never saw a hint that Sam got one over on through to Vala. Though maybe AT just didn't mention it.

Suse
                I have the same worry and yes, it will get old. I know I keep harping on the same thing but:

FEMALE WRITERS

If they can't get women right how are they going to sufficiently portray a relationship between to of them? I have absolutely no doubt that CB and AT will give it all they've got, but in the end the relationship will go the way TPTB write it.

Oh, and Sam's instruments would be an 88 key stage rhodes on the left, electric piano on the right, and right in front of her a souped up vintage synth with lots of effects pedals, leslie boxes, mic with squawk box, oh, and a naquadah-enhanced theremin on the side.

I see Cam as more the lead guitar role with no charts as he attempts to play 'by ear'. T on drums, daniel on percussion. They are primarily an instrumental jam-type band because they'd have to kill anyone who heard any of their lyrics.
                If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                  Oh, and Sam's instruments would be an 88 key stage rhodes on the left, electric piano on the right, and right in front of her a souped up vintage synth with lots of effects pedals, leslie boxes, mic with squawk box, oh, and a naquadah-enhanced theremin on the side.

I see Cam as more the lead guitar role with no charts as he attempts to play 'by ear'. T on drums, daniel on percussion. They are primarily an instrumental jam-type band because they'd have to kill anyone who heard any of their lyrics.
                  Stop writing amusing interesting posts, people! I'm not getting any fic done!

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    I too, am afraid that Sam will become one more straight man to Vala's spotlight.
                    i'm pretty sure that everyone on the show will be used as vala's straight man/woman

vala - going by spoilers anyway - seem to be very much '7 of 9ing' the show.

time will tell however if the spoiilers are accurate or if they are just twweaked and twisted to drag every last claudia fan into the show
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
                      Hey!

Elyse just posted this link over on the SamandJack Yahoo!list. There are new wallpapers and photos for season 10 at the SciFi website. There are some really nice ones of AT/Sam in the mix.

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/gallery/index.php
                      thanks

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                        I have the same worry and yes, it will get old. I know I keep harping on the same thing but:

FEMALE WRITERS

If they can't get women right how are they going to sufficiently portray a relationship between to of them? I have absolutely no doubt that CB and AT will give it all they've got, but in the end the relationship will go the way TPTB write it.
                        Umm, well they did write an excellent Sam/Janet relationship for 7 years... And I'm not sure why the highly coveted 'Female Writer' will make much difference. Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against writers who are female, but I don't see why it *has* to be a woman that will 'fix' everything. Maybe they just need someone (male or female) who hasn't fallen into the same mindset that the current writers are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Umm, well they did write an excellent Sam/Janet relationship for 7 years... And I'm not sure why the highly coveted 'Female Writer' will make much difference. Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against writers who are female, but I don't see why it *has* to be a woman that will 'fix' everything. Maybe they just need someone (male or female) who hasn't fallen into the same mindset that the current writers are in.
                          yeah, that will work.

male or female, they need a writer that wont' get all

caught up in how cool HE is

doesn't live his own fantasies through the characters (honestly, sam in chimera....to me she is nothing more than how the boys would WANT a hot chick to act towareds them. Sam in chimera had to be thier ultimate fantasy...they can do whatever they want and she forgives them with a kiss and 'aren't you sweet?'

Is willing to take a step back and take a critical look at their own work

writes the characters AS THEY ARE not how the writer wants them to be.

dont' take the easy way out and warp the characters to fit your plot...take a little time and make the plot fit the characters...and if you can't quite do that, come up with a dang good explanation as to why this character acts this way
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Too bad some of the good Janet/Sam stuff ended up on the editing room floor. What they showed was good, but that was an underdeveloped dynamic of the show - look at what they left out between those two re the Ascension incident. And no, it won't fix everything and I don't think any of us are saying that (at least that's not what I said) but it would sure help to have a substantive relationship develop between Vala/Sam.

It doesn't have to be a female writer per se, but if they were to listen to CB's and ATs suggestions that would go a long way (that would still qualify as female imput). AT has been helping them out on the female aspect since COTG when she went to them and said, "we don't talk that way" (anyone want to arm-wrestle????) Gack. And I'd like to see a female TPTB or two over there writer or otherwise.
                            Last edited by WhatFateAlmondRoca; 14 July 2006, 05:24 AM.

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              yeah, that will work.

doesn't live his own fantasies through the characters (honestly, sam in chimera....to me she is nothing more than how the boys would WANT a hot chick to act towareds them. Sam in chimera had to be thier ultimate fantasy...they can do whatever they want and she forgives them with a kiss and 'aren't you sweet?'

dont' take the easy way out and warp the characters to fit your plot...take a little time and make the plot fit the characters...and if you can't quite do that, come up with a dang good explanation as to why this character acts this way
                              Yes, I think heeding imput from the actors themselves would go a long way to fixing some of this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                yeah, that will work.

Great post, Sky! I think you've said it well.

Comment

Working...
                                X