• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    She's wearing PINK! (heh)

That little girl is AMAZINGLY cute.

Thanks, AmberMoon.

I had a guess as to who the woman was with AT, but I'll keep it to myself *snicker* In all seriousness, I think that's Bonnie Hammer.
    -
    The little girl is absolutely beautiful in her little pink tutu. I found another pic of Bonnie Hammer on CNN.com and that is definitely Bonnie Hammer with Amanda. No idea who the non-actor/non-producers are but they are almost certainly PTB at SciFi/NBC-Universal.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      LOL! I *lurve* it!

*imagines Cam jamming (or tryin' to) away at the front of the stage {cue air guitar} and Daniel slowing to a stop.... then Teal'c, drumsticks raised in the air, stops mid-beat, and then Sam, furrowed brow and concerned expression slowly lets the synths fade.....*

*And Cam continues to jam.....*

LOL. I'm not bitter, can ya tell??? At least my make-believe Cambo listens to Ynwie J. Malmsteen.....(sp?)

So, any other theories, funny or otherwise, about what instrument/position Amanda would play in if SG-1 were a music group?
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        very good point.
        but cynical little me has to wonder...if they won't listen to amanda or claudia when they express their concerns, will they listen to a beta?
        Nope. But one does have to wonder how much control the writers have over the 'product' anymore. I really wonder how much SciFi & the other people truly in control are micro-managing the story arcs & the overall direction.
        i certainly dont' expect any of my concerns to be addressed...but when i read interviews and members of tptb dismiss any critics as 'women with issues' i have to wonder just how much they'll listen to anyone outside their little circle

and if they won't listen, then why bother?
        I remember joining the SG/GW on-line fandom around the time Chimera (S7) was airing as first run. And still remember very clearly Coop's comment about shippers (S/J ones in particular) having issues because we disliked Pete. Their assumption was that it was just because it wasn't Jack. Hello. It was how they wrote Pete; petulant, untrusting, unprofessional.... *looks around* *grins* Okay, I could go on but I'll stop that line of thought...

But I agree, I think even criticism (read: not attack-criticism, but heartfelt, intelligent well-thought out comparisions to the earlier season's quality and to other shows) from those they know might not be listened to these days....

*sighs again*

Thanks for the link Amber. When was the press thing? I don't think it put a date on it did it? *laughs* And I think they *all* got the memo on dressing alike. (the neutrals and B/W's)
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
          De-lurking for a mo....check out these pics...a really good picture of AT and the crew...
          Thank you for the heads-up
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
            LOL. I'm not bitter, can ya tell??? At least my make-believe Cambo listens to Ynwie J. Malmsteen.....(sp?)

So, any other theories, funny or otherwise, about what instrument/position Amanda would play in if SG-1 were a music group?
            I could see the character of Sam playing the drums. I could see her keeping a good beat and planted behind a huge drum kit --- it'd be a great way to pound out all her frustrations....
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Nope. But one does have to wonder how much control the writers have over the 'product' anymore. I really wonder how much SciFi & the other people truly in control are micro-managing the story arcs & the overall direction.

<snip>

But I agree, I think even criticism (read: not attack-criticism, but heartfelt, intelligent well-thought out comparisions to the earlier season's quality and to other shows) from those they know might not be listened to these days....<snip>
              And there you have it. Who is pulling what strings. I took a look at all the shows and who wrote and co-wrote. Very interesting reading. Agent is right in that it is many of the same people that have given us our previous 8 seasons.

<----shakes head in bewilderment, confuddledment, etc. For me, things really started falling apart midway through S7. Theories? Absence of Brad Wright? RDA? Skiffy suits-turned-writers-exec-producers-runners-etc? The Ori really exist and are taking over our airwaves in an attempt to do a little pre-prostration psychological warfare?
              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

very good point.
                but cynical little me has to wonder...if they won't listen to amanda or claudia when they express their concerns, will they listen to a beta?

i certainly dont' expect any of my concerns to be addressed...but when i read interviews and members of tptb dismiss any critics as 'women with issues' i have to wonder just how much they'll listen to anyone outside their little circle

and if they won't listen, then why bother?
                They need a group of betas that they are obliged to listen to. Give the betas the power of veto by majority vote if needs be. For example, if out of ten betas, six don't think the story idea is a good move, or that the episode needs more work, they should listen to them.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Thanks for the link Amber. When was the press thing? I don't think it put a date on it did it? *laughs* And I think they *all* got the memo on dressing alike. (the neutrals and B/W's)
                  It was yesterday in LA. Amanda was telling me about it at Shore Leave when I asked her if she would be at Comic Con. SciFi was promoting the 200th at the Television Critics Association Summer Meeting.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

LOL thanks for the link Amber, was going to post link to pics but you got here first! I just love the pic of Amanda and Olivia and in her party dress as well, so cute.
                    Amanda if you are reading this, thankyou for giving your fans a little peep at Olivia
                    ......TARA......

Comment

yeah, that will work.

male or female, they need a writer that wont' get all

caught up in how cool HE is

doesn't live his own fantasies through the characters (honestly, sam in chimera....to me she is nothing more than how the boys would WANT a hot chick to act towareds them. Sam in chimera had to be thier ultimate fantasy...they can do whatever they want and she forgives them with a kiss and 'aren't you sweet?'

Is willing to take a step back and take a critical look at their own work

writes the characters AS THEY ARE not how the writer wants them to be.

dont' take the easy way out and warp the characters to fit your plot...take a little time and make the plot fit the characters...and if you can't quite do that, come up with a dang good explanation as to why this character acts this way
                      *snort* At this point, they just need someone who reads fanfiction so they won't repeat fanfic cliches.

So, I'm stocking up on Smirnoff's for tonight rather than rum and cokes. One of my committee members forced one on me at dinner Monday night, and OMG they're good. I intend to be nice and happy before the show starts.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        *snort* At this point, they just need someone who reads fanfiction so they won't repeat fanfic cliches.

So, I'm stocking up on Smirnoff's for tonight rather than rum and cokes. One of my committee members forced one on me at dinner Monday night, and OMG they're good. I intend to be nice and happy before the show starts.
                        Man, I hate it when other people force me to drink

Enjoy Sam tonight!
                        scarimor

Comment

Is that Olivia? I know that AT has been protective making sure that pics. of the little one were not taken. Maybe it's the little one of the lady standing right next to her.

Comment

Great pictures, thanks for the link. I'm starting to get used to CJ's new haircut

AT looked great!!

If people could head over to vote for Amanda and return votes to our supporters it would be good link . It's 2.45am and time for this little black duck to head for bed
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              They need a group of betas that they are obliged to listen to. Give the betas the power of veto by majority vote if needs be. For example, if out of ten betas, six don't think the story idea is a good move, or that the episode needs more work, they should listen to them.
                              I volunteer! PM me the scripts! Please!

Comment

I have one more board to check then I have to make my jello and bake my Stargate cake for tonight. I'll be back before tonight's premiere (and after).

Comment

Working...
                                X