No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruel cruel fate.. but that's awesome info Sammo... and where have you been woman?!

Originally posted by MajorSam
    So do all you know about that short film Amanda did recently? For the Crazy 8 festival in Vancouver? I just got some details:

Quick breakdown of the festival... around 6 -8 groups of production teams get 8 days and $800 dollars to make a film...!!!

Amanda's is a comedy called Breakdown, in which the people who worked on it made up this fake script and pretended they spent 7 days in casting then cut the film together based on the auditions, so its all cut as if it were from auditions. Amanda played herself auditioning for the role of some woman trying to stop an earthquake. The film was about 10 mins long in total.

The website: http://www.crazy8s.cc/ does not yet have the clips from this years films, but they should be up soon??? *crosses fingers* As well the festival is apparantly planning on a near-future release of a DVD of all the shows from all it's years...

Just watching all the Podcast Videos now, havn't spotted Amanda but stay tuned... OOH, I just saw her BACK

Ok i've seen them all now, only a back shot, but stay tuned for the final podcast of the actual screenings event!

Apparantly the after party wasn't that great and Amanda buggered out after just a short while... lol, I figured as much.

MSam

I just realized it was an open screenings event in Downtown Van... I COULD HAVE GONE AND HUNG OUT WITH AMANDA LAST NITE! tickets were only 15 DOLLARS!! AAAH, How come I never find out about these things till the day after... *sob* anyways, i'm trying to get more info...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      So do all you know about that short film Amanda did recently? For the Crazy 8 festival in Vancouver? I just got some details:

Quick breakdown of the festival... around 6 -8 groups of production teams get 8 days and $800 dollars to make a film...!!!

Amanda's is a comedy called Breakdown, in which the people who worked on it made up this fake script and pretended they spent 7 days in casting then cut the film together based on the auditions, so its all cut as if it were from auditions. Amanda played herself auditioning for the role of some woman trying to stop an earthquake. The film was about 10 mins long in total.

The website: http://www.crazy8s.cc/ does not yet have the clips from this years films, but they should be up soon??? *crosses fingers* As well the festival is apparantly planning on a near-future release of a DVD of all the shows from all it's years...

Just watching all the Podcast Videos now, havn't spotted Amanda but stay tuned... OOH, I just saw her BACK

Ok i've seen them all now, only a back shot, but stay tuned for the final podcast of the actual screenings event!

Apparantly the after party wasn't that great and Amanda buggered out after just a short while... lol, I figured as much.

MSam

I just realized it was an open screenings event in Downtown Van... I COULD HAVE GONE AND HUNG OUT WITH AMANDA LAST NITE! tickets were only 15 DOLLARS!! AAAH, How come I never find out about these things till the day after... *sob* anyways, i'm trying to get more info...
      Thanks a lot for the info!!! Keep us posted
      And Amanda playing herself? Weird... but cool!

For the UK people *if there are any here * => ITV are showing the Due South episode with Amanda this afternoon at 15:20 uk time.

Sorry if ya already knew that!
      Last edited by Lizlove; 05 June 2006, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove

For the UK people *if there are any here * => ITV are showing the Due South episode with Amanda this afternoon at 15:20 uk time.

thank you

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove

Ooooh, thank you! I'll watch that!!!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
            Yeah, cool huh? I never knew she'd won so many. Good for her!

pertty damn good for someone they don't know what to do with aint' it/??????
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think we've pretty much exhausted the topic of the Spacey's.

Whether or not you personally consider them 'real' or not is up to you. Ben won and i'm sure he's happy about it.

Let's move onto bigger and better things.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                And the Spaceys are great, but they really don't compare to Leos or Geminis - no matter who wins them.
                Actually, Leos are B.C. talent only. If you want to truly compare distributory 'stripes', the Spaceys are nationwide, the Leos are local to one province. But the Spaceys are a sci-fi genre award, and don't take themselves quite as deadly seriously as a result. Look, I work in this industry, I know all about prestige-awards, pride issues, accolade-ego etc etc. The bottom line is - regardless of which award does more for your career - EVERY legitimate award is a recognition of an artist's contribution to their field. As such, the award itself deserves at least a modicum of respect for that recognition, lest we belittle the artists who are gracious enough to accept those awards, themselves.

This has zero to do with my feelings on Ben Browder winning (anything), nor about whether SG-1 should've, could've, won any other award. This is about not stooping. I am not going to sit back and watch while folks sneer and mock a legitemate award simply because it suits the current political bent of this discussion-thread on SG-1. Anyone who wins or is nominated for any legitimate award has earned the right to be proud, they've been recognized for an achievement in their artform or field and there is nothing to sneer at there. And certainly no reason to say the award "isn't real" (or doesn't count as a legitemate recognition).

What if someone implied that GABIT isn't a REAL convention because it's not run by CREATION? Because it's new, or because it's smaller? What if they implied that it doesn't count or that it's second rate? We'd be all over that. Likely because to imply such a ridiculous thing would be to belittle the people behind it, and the artists who (choose to) attend. Likewise with any second or third tier or genre award. It doesn't count? It's worthless and meaningless? It's not worthy of respect? We say that, we imply that every single person who's ever won that award is beneath us and/or that the fact they were recognized by said award was a meaningless exercise because it didn't come from (some different award). I will never buy into that.

mg
                Last edited by minigeek; 05 June 2006, 05:46 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I'm posting this here because Amanda got one too.

RDA (as well as Amanda, Chris, Michael, Teryl, Don, et al), all attended an impromptu break in production where they were each presented with a "Golden Stargate" commemoration plaque/award in recognition of their achievements and their roles over the previous decade of SG-1.

http://www.rdanderson.com/updates/goldgate.htm

... there's a picture of Rick, holding up the award which he graciously accepted. It's from Legends Memorobilia. It's not an Emmy, and it didn't come from the Screen Actor's Guild. Yet, for some reason, Richard accepted it gracefully anyhow. I betcha Amanda did, too. Huh.

In receiving this presentation, Richard commented: "This is magnificent, a true work of art and a wonderful commemoration of this series. Thank you, I'm extremely touched."
                  I would be, too.

mg

Comment

Have you guys read the latest EW spoilers for episode 200?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29298

Spoiler:
                    Gaah. I swear to god, if they have puppets snogging in this episode I'm going to spew my lunch all over my television set....

-

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

Spoiler:
                      Gaah. I swear to god, if they have puppets snogging in this episode I'm going to spew my lunch all over my television set....

-
                      Early references leant towards the
                      Spoiler:
                      "Team America" persuasion,
                      so I think that's a safe bet.

Unfortunately.

Comment

Spoiler:

Unfortunately.
                        Oh. My. God.

Comment

Spoiler:

Unfortunately.
                          Actually, the way they are saying

Spoiler:
                          that it is an homage to the Wizard of Oz, I think it's more likely to be reminiscent of the Tictoc religion based on the clock of the Time Dragon, a huge magical marionette puppet show that shows the past, present and future

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Actually, the way they are saying

Spoiler:
                            that it is an homage to the Wizard of Oz, I think it's more likely to be reminiscent of the Tictoc religion based on the clock of the Time Dragon, a huge magical marionette puppet show that shows the past, present and future
                            Well, given the two options, Tracy, I hope you are right!!!!

Comment

Well, given the two options, Tracy, I hope you are right!!!!
                              Well, it's just that in the spoilers you were referencing, there was a lot of talk about how the Wizard of Oz was integral to Stargate and that they wanted to reference that. The first thing that came to mind was what I just said. Saying, that, though, I am currently reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire, so that may have coloured my thinking a little.

Comment

Ok Mini.... go to your happy place

But you won't be the only one reacting that way if they "pay homage" in that respect. Oi.. guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Meanwhile that golden Stargate is downright cool!

Spoiler:

-
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X