Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    i think it was actually on the commentary. but it doesn't change the fact that they could have worked around it. or better yet, not written the damn scene AT ALL! a car chase? seriously...
    What? You mean I didn't even read it in an interview, I heard the commentary? My god, my memory is getting worse .

Sure they could have done a car chase, but once again unless we know why the chase is happening, it's very hard to judge if it could have been done differently.

I need to know all the information before I judge these kind of things, so I find it hard to be angry at the situation. Yet. When I watch the episode, likely to be different entirely.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      that's jack. a man who's a true leader and with power

kinda helps you get your character development when you have 'exec producer' behind your name

course, this was also back in the days of brad wright...a show runner that *gasp* listened to his actors
      the actors don't know squat. remember that one who tried to tell coop their character would never get engaged like that? and that turned out fine. actors? actors don't know nothin bout nothin.

Deev: stop confusing me with logic, you're derailing my rant!!
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

i think it was actually on the commentary. but it doesn't change the fact that they could have worked around it. or better yet, not written the damn scene AT ALL! a car chase? seriously...
        Yep.

Spoiler:
        A "sort of" date with Daniel; a brawl in a cafe; a smitten cop; a motorcycle-car chase; and Cam tied to a bed in a motel, while Vala looks on ($10 says SHE'S the one who ties him there when she finds him tailing her or something).

All in a day's work. It's a wonder they won't have to cut all of the lines that don't directly drive the story, because this ep seems waaaay too busy. The SGC? Unimportant? Those other two schmoes on the team? Meh. The Stargate? Too expensive.

Wow... this feels kinda anti/whinge/ragey...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          No they aren't, but obviously everyone at the SGC must take flight training or else how would you explain Walter being able to fly the Prometheus and a Gou'ald cargo ship in Prometheus Unbound.
          Oh lord... After re-watching Prometheus Unbound in my s8 watching, I've decided to write that episode off as Daniel having deluded dreams while he was knocked unconcsious by Vala. There is really no other way to explain it...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Oh lord... After re-watching Prometheus Unbound in my s8 watching, I've decided to write that episode off as Daniel having deluded dreams while he was knocked unconcsious by Vala. There is really no other way to explain it...
            Who are you, and what have you done with AD?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Who are you, and what have you done with AD?
              :dodgy:

MSN kgo

Comment

Sounds like a fair explanation to me AD. I liked Vala in that ep, but the ep itself was a yawn.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                sigpic

Comment

Special thanks to Myrth for the beta.

Please do not redistribute or post elsewhere without permission.

[Sketch removed for revision - I'm not happy with her head ]

-
                  Last edited by minigeek; 01 June 2006, 07:06 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

You are awesome mini!!!! which I already said but it bears repeating

Originally posted by minigeek

sigpic

Comment

Like a poster mentioned a few pages earlier, I too remembered an early interview that featured Amanda kayaking with the author and thought the bike/insurance piece was mentioned there. Just did some searching and ultimately ended up at amandatapping.com where they'd thankfully archived the interview ('cause Google hooked you up with places that only referred to the interview & didn't contain it). It was "Get Carter" from the February 2004 Sci Fi Channel Magazine. I remembered a good deal of it because it was one of the first SG interviews I'd read, but *grins* my memory is shot too - it ended up talking about the activities she enjoyed doing, but there wasn't a mention about the insurance or the bike!

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...isplay&pid=184
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

So can you root for the car?
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/685/rev1ca25we.jpg
                          Woot!!! Awesome!!!

And we're still talking about Amanda's insurance??? *grins*
                          But the fact is... she's still not gonna
                          Spoiler:
                          ride that bike!

Comment

[QUOTE=chocdoc]
                            Originally posted by Ancient 61

This was the part that gave me a bit of hope as well. AT did admit that it was difficult for her in season 9 to fit in---and she said this consistently in interviews --- so I have to believe that, when she says this season is a better one for Carter/Amanda, there is something to that. But I guess we'll see what Sam is doing in less than two months. I'm hoping that there is alot more of Sam in the second half (that was true in seasons 7 and 8), but I don't know if this will happen in season 10.
                            I hope this is true but to be honest--I am having trouble believing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              So can you root for the car?
                              but ya see, HE'S chasing the car. so the car's in front of him. so if the car wins, it gets farther away from him, not closer. i personally, would like to see it get...closer.

if ya catch my drift.

P.S mini! that's so great!!
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I am now imagining Mitchell chasing after a car, barking and growling...
                                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X