Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    I think Sam caught him off guard. Had she ever called him Jack before, aside from in Antarctica? The last time Sam addressed him as Jack while lying in an infirmary bed, she was from another reality. The "Excuse me?" struck me as a reflex, he was surprised rather than reminding her of formalities.

Of course, this ended up being rather unfortunate. I wonder how it would have turned out had he hadn't said it.
    i think jacks reaction was pretty much, whoa, i think she got hit on the head worse than we thought. i think he was surprised, but sam took his reaction to be unpleasantly surprised and possibly pulling rank, but i think that moment served to be the one that showed that sam now knew she was in reality and no longer hallucinating.

most of the episode was unclear to sam in terms of whether she was hallucinating, and she was very unsure of what was reality and what wasn't, and i think that that moment was there to show us that a) she was back home and in reality again and b) she knew she was back and in reality again.

i also think it was there as a catalist for character (and story arc) development (for discussion in a different thread).

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Okay mini I worked my fingers to the bone and finally finished the fic you asked for

and some others patiently waited for *cough* astro *cough*

I hope it's what you wanted
      Repercussions

The only warning is some violence and angst.
      Mandy!!! {{ HUGS }} That was FANTASTIC!! Such a great story. What an awesome surprise to come home to. YOU TOTALLY ROCK! Thank you so much!

One thing though...
      Spoiler:
      You are such a huge TEASE! lol Where's the "optional" shipper ending? I was on the edge of my seat there, dammit!! Ambiguous? Puh-leeeeze, there was nothing ambiguous about THREADS...

More hugs,
      mini(the happy, story readin')geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        well if i have a choice i'll be the real purdy blonde one on the left! but sadly i'm neither. i'm the brown haired one whose image doesn't show up on film.
        Aww, come on, sb! Every good show a la 'She Spies' needs an underdog of a hottie! You are so, totally cast, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          One thing though...
          Spoiler:
          You are such a huge TEASE! lol Where's the "optional" shipper ending? I was on the edge of my seat there, dammit!! Ambiguous? Puh-leeeeze, there was nothing ambiguous about THREADS...

More hugs,
          mini(the happy, story readin')geek
          Thanks mini

and the reason I did that
          Spoiler:
          was so you could fill in the ending the way you liked it, the shippers would go...well we know where the shippers would go and the non-shippers would end it platonically, see fill in your own blank
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Aww, come on, sb! Every good show a la 'She Spies' needs an underdog of a hottie! You are so, totally cast, my friend.
            She Spies...wasn't that the other show TPTB worked on
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Thanks mini

and the reason I did that
              Spoiler:
              was so you could fill in the ending the way you liked it, the shippers would go...well we know where the shippers would go and the non-shippers would end it platonically, see fill in your own blank
              Well yeah.
              Spoiler:
              I KNOW that. But that's why you write *two* endings, one with ship and one with no ship. Choose your own adventure, you know? Twice the work for you, of course, but we don't care about that now do we?

Seriously hun, great work. I'm so thrilled you decided to write it! And that I got to read it!

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Okay mini I worked my fingers to the bone and finally finished the fic you asked for

and some others patiently waited for *cough* astro *cough*

I hope it's what you wanted
                Repercussions

The only warning is some violence and angst.
                Nice fic Mandy! I love the idea of Jack giving her his eagles too Mini.
                A little action, little shippy angst, team interaction and nice plot Unfortunately little green too I'm plum all out of green.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                  Do you think just as habit or as maybe to keep that little bit of distance that would help them keep their relationship "professional"? You know, they have this attraction for each other but using first names would be bringing down just one more wall that they need to keep from acting on what they feel is forbidden?
                  i think it's a bit of their own distance....and i think it's with an awareness that if the other peopel on the base heard them referring to each other in less than professional ways, it'd just feed the gossip mill
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    I finally figured out what the next Stargate spin-off is going to be!

That is AWESOME! ;D I'd totally watch it...cause you know they'd both be kickin' eema and takin' names!

*pssssst, stargatebarbie...if you don't snurch it...I will.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

She Spies...wasn't that the other show TPTB worked on
                      Sure! Under pen names, of course. They wanted to explore their creativity, but they still had future opportunities to worry about. For those who don't know, She Spies was EASILY an Emmy Award-winning show about three female spies and their adventures. Think "Murder She Wrote" meets MTV, and you've got it.

But you're still cast as the token "oddball" brunette stargate barbie, if that makes any difference. At least work would be fun, because you'd get two really cool people as castmates.

Comment

jack giving sam his eagles was a nice touch.

can't say that i cared for mitch being the 'baddie' but that's my personal issues.

i can see jack sharing his eagles with her and it's a great idea adn something i'd love to see

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i think it's a bit of their own distance....and i think it's with an awareness that if the other peopel on the base heard them referring to each other in less than professional ways, it'd just feed the gossip mill
                          True. I'm sure the gossip mill was already going, and that would only feed fuel to the fire. Calling each other by their rank, surname, etc. helps them stay professional. I think if they called each other by their given names, it would sort of break down the wall they've so carefully constructed. Like why Sam(in my opinion) never agreed to go fishing. She knew if she did, something might happen between them. They already walk a fine line with the teasing and flirting. Calling each other Sam and Jack would only help make that line less distinct. Not that I would mind hearing them call each other by their first names...

Comment

even if nothing happened between them, just htem going off alone would be enough fuel for the fire

the only way sam could go is if all the others did too

it's also a protocol thing. a co cannot single one member of his command out for 'special treatment'...technically, even if jack gave daniel a ride itno work every day that coudl be seen as preferential treatment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux

That is AWESOME! ;D I'd totally watch it...cause you know they'd both be kickin' eema and takin' names!

*pssssst, stargatebarbie...if you don't snurch it...I will.
                              thats it! i call it right now!

(maybe we can both have it, and we can start our own stargate barbie club. that'll learn them lousy barbie mockers!)

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Sure! Under pen names, of course. They wanted to explore their creativity, but they still had future opportunities to worry about. For those who don't know, She Spies was EASILY an Emmy Award-winning show about three female spies and their adventures. Think "Murder She Wrote" meets MTV, and you've got it.

But you're still cast as the token "oddball" brunette stargate barbie, if that makes any difference. At least work would be fun, because you'd get two really cool people as castmates.
                                ok. I'll DO IT! seriously though, my image doesn't show up on film. i actually use this avatar because it looks better than me!

Comment

Working...
                                X