Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
    I like that, too, and while I don't think they should promote Cam at this point, if they were to promote Sam, the only reason I wouldn't be crazy about it is if it made Cam and Sam lose their intimacy.
    It's good for Sam to have an Air Force friend. As close as she and Daniel are, he's not military and Teal'c isn't earth military. I do like that Sam seems comfortable around Cameron.

Comment

As promised (not that people are particularly interested)

Pretty Amanda
      Spoiler:

Goofy Amanda
      Spoiler:

And Two Extras
      Spoiler:

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I don't see sam sticking on the formality. just like i don't think that jack would have. i think that 'colonel' and 'sir' was sam's choice.

however, there is protocol and if one outranked the other, they would need to speak to each other properly when in the company of others.

personally? i think it would do cambo good to be knocked down a peg or two, but that's just my unobjective opinion.

back on topic though, the only times i see sam being a stickler for protocol would be with someone that challenges her, like dr lee did. then i see her tossing her rank around simply to make them give her the respect she deserves
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Although, I maybe wouldn't mind a romantic relationship between Cam and Sam if they handled it like the BlackSG-1 team in Ripple Effect - subtle -- something you have to look for while they were working.
          :gapes: yeah. really subtle. ...wow. but i thought...PDL...and then...said no.... wha?... really? huh. learn something new everyday. (sam's neat like that, eh?)

ok. sure. as you were.

i'd LOVE a (PLATONIC) relationship between sam and mitchell (can't bring my self to say sam and cam), but from what i got out of s9, i doubt even THAT will be realistic (cite: stronghold, CD). i don't like the current sam/mitchell relationship. i don't believe it. it seems fake and contrived to me (like most of the season). also don't buy that cam went to AFA. they may have known each other before, but considering what i've come to expect from this season, i'm more inclined to think its just that actors throwing in their stuff with no acutal scripted storyline.

i think a (sams) promotion might actually help thier relationship. it'll straighten out the team situation, and one they get past the formalities, it may actually HELP them relax. odd idea, but for some reason it makes sense to me.

i agree with spoilers not being an accurate prediction. though i do think they mean something, lets hope we get some really neat sam stuff out of s10 (and s3?) maybe even some good samp/atmitchell stuff (samp/atdaniel, samp/atteal'c, samp/atlandry, samp/atlam, you sensing a pattern here?)
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Excellent post. The green jello fridge seems to be locked for me.
            Man, me too! That was a great post, mini.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              i agree with spoilers not being an accurate prediction. though i do think they mean something, lets hope we get some really neat sam stuff out of s10 (and s3?) maybe even some good samp/atmitchell stuff (samp/atdaniel, samp/atteal'c, samp/atlandry, samp/atlam, you sensing a pattern here?)
              Sheesh. I tried to get this, and I wish I had a good excuse for not understanding it, but could you please clarify what "samp/at___" means?

Comment

:gapes: yeah. really subtle. ...wow. but i thought...PDL...and then...said no.... wha?... really? huh. learn something new everyday. (sam's neat like that, eh?)
                I realize that after they had a more "obvious" scene, someone [PDL?] said that that wasn't what he had intended and they rerecorded that scene, but by then I thought the other scenes had been recorded and had been left in because there wasn't any obvious romantic connection in them. I thought the other scenes were so vague that they decided not to reshoot them. This is just what I thought, though, I have no idea if that is what happened. I probably thought this because there does seem to be a level of "familiarity" between BlackMitchell and BlackSam that normally isn't quite that obvious.

i'd LOVE a (PLATONIC) relationship between sam and mitchell (can't bring my self to say sam and cam), but from what i got out of s9, i doubt even THAT will be realistic (cite: stronghold, CD). i don't like the current sam/mitchell relationship. i don't believe it. it seems fake and contrived to me (like most of the season). also don't buy that cam went to AFA. they may have known each other before, but considering what i've come to expect from this season, i'm more inclined to think its just that actors throwing in their stuff with no acutal scripted storyline.
                See? It's a matter of perception. I thought the Sam/Cam [it's just easier to type] friendship was realistic and sweet.

i think a (sams) promotion might actually help thier relationship. it'll straighten out the team situation, and one they get past the formalities, it may actually HELP them relax. odd idea, but for some reason it makes sense to me.
                I'm not sure there is a "team situation" outside of the internet fandom, but I would have no problem if this happened.

Yes, I agree, spoilers do mean something, but they are only spoiling a few scenes, not the entire season. And I, too, would love to see a lot of team interaction, but I would add a Mitchell into your scenerios: Sam interacting with everyone and Mitchell interacting with everyone. Just my personal bias.

And my apologies, but what does "samp" mean? I guess the first part is "sam", but, "p"?
                Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 17 May 2006, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  I don't see sam sticking on the formality. just like i don't think that jack would have. i think that 'colonel' and 'sir' was sam's choice...
                  Really? I think it was just protocol in the beginning: Sam thinking/knowing that she was supposed to call him "sir" and Jack thinking the same thing. I believe it was probably a while before it even occurred to either of them that they had advanced in friendship to the point of changing it, but, since so much time had passed, that it wasn't worth the effort to bring it up. So I really don't think it was Sam's "choice" as much as protocol and then just habit. I'm willing to listen to your reasoning, though - or maybe I misunderstood...

Comment

ok. sure. as you were.

You go with the anti-rhyming-names sentiment! (What were they thinking, naming him Cam???)

I agree with you about the promotion. Having Sam as clear leader would take away all ambiguity, and let them settle more comfortably into their roles.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Sheesh. I tried to get this, and I wish I had a good excuse for not understanding it, but could you please clarify what "samp/at___" means?
                      OOH! OOH! I think I know! Sam(platonic)/Other!
                      Last edited by DEM; 17 May 2006, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Really? I think it was just protocol in the beginning: Sam thinking/knowing that she was supposed to call him "sir" and Jack thinking the same thing. I believe it was probably a while before it even occurred to either of them that they had advanced in friendship to the point of changing it, but, since so much time had passed, that it wasn't worth the effort to bring it up. So I really don't think it was Sam's "choice" as much as protocol and then just habit. I'm willing to listen to your reasoning, though - or maybe I misunderstood...
                        from my point of view, yes it was protocol in the beginning. Sam did what was expected of her.

but i think, as the years went on, jack wouldn't have cared if she'd have called him jack as the appropriate times - off world, off duty, etc.

but i think that she chose to keep it 'colonel' or 'sir' just as he chose to keep it 'carter'

he, being the ranking officer, could certaily have called her by her first name from the beginning...but again i think they went with protocol then chose to stay with it
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

They were seriously having major Dr. Seuss moments, when they named these new characters. Sam, Cam, Lam...

Anywho, looking back, I'm not at all surprised that PDL thought AlternateCam and AlternateSam (yeah, I use the rhyming all the time ) were supposed to be together. Though I won't speculate here as to why I think that PDL thought this, I'm really just oh-so-glad that JM caught that daily and stopped him in time. :shudder:

Platonic relationships on the show from here on out would be fantastic. They already had their chance with one, and they barely got that even close to... I don't wanna say right... but they barely got THAT even close to acceptable. So, if they could stay away from any Daniel/Vala, Cam/Lam action, I think that'd be their best bet. They're already seriously in for it on the Atlantis side.

And I alternate from being with Chillin and being with PR on the side of the "forced" friendship. Pragmatically, I think making Sam and Cam the bestest of buds, but not really explaining it, was their bizarre way of trying to make nice with the Sam fans out there. As a result, I sometimes wonder if their buddy-buddy stuff isn't a tad bit on the forced side. But that's only if I think to much about it.

On the other hand, I'd like to see some legitimately cool Sam and Cam (hehe) friendship scenes, just for the sake of our sanity. They had a chance to make some conflict between characters, but they took the easy road. But I can handle the easy road of Sam-n-Camdom, if they just do it well and consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            OOH! OOH! I think I know! Sam(platonic)/Other!
                            Oh... But what about the "/at" part? Does that mean it's really SamplatTeal'c, SamplatMitchell, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Oh... But what about the "/at" part? Does that mean it's really SamplatTeal'c, SamplatMitchell, etc?
                              yes?

Oh, who am I kidding? This is ParadoxRealities we're talking about! It could mean "pushes a slash at" for all I know!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                yes?

Oh, what do I know? This is ParadoxRealities we're talking about! It could mean "pushes a slash at" for all I know!
                                Hehehe... Good point.

So, if Sam "pushes a slash" at someone, they're friends, right? OK, got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X