Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Actually, I interpreted that section as her being with Jack, and Landry asking him to send her back. In a more personal sense. Sorry. I bat for Sally's team.
    What order would Carter have been following in your scenario?

Comment

D'oh. Another derned fic idea!

I just thought of something (based on my last reply about Carter and Landry).

Anyone wanna take a crack at a fic where the Carter/Landry thing is looked at a bit? Realizing what I just wrote, i wondered ... Carter must be used to REALLY GLOWING evals (from Jack and Hammond). What if she gets her first eval back from Landry and it's just "above average" (not the usual super-cal-a-fragellistic-wonder-goddess-of-the-universe she's used to getting). Being the consummate over-achiever she is, how would she react to that? Sort of like an A+ student getting an A all of a sudden? HEY, where's my PLUS dammit?! LOL

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        D'oh. Another derned fic idea!

I just thought of something (based on my last reply about Carter and Landry).

Anyone wanna take a crack at a fic where the Carter/Landry thing is looked at a bit? Realizing what I just wrote, i wondered ... Carter must be used to REALLY GLOWING evals (from Jack and Hammond). What if she gets her first eval back from Landry and it's just "above average" (not the usual super-cal-a-fragellistic-wonder-goddess-of-the-universe she's used to getting). Being the consummate over-achiever she is, how would she react to that? Sort of like an A+ student getting an A all of a sudden? HEY, where's my PLUS dammit?! LOL
        It's been dragged down by being partnered with the class clown
        Spoiler:
        (was going to say idiot, but I'm being nice )
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
          On the movie issue--I have good and bad vibes about it. Good because its about time, it would be cool to see all that up on the big screen. Bad becasue as others have said it may usher in a whole new idea/plot, etc. I was really thinking about this the other day too...When the sg1 we know and love is finally over for good, well, it made me sad to think about it. It sounds silly, I know, but after having these people in your living room for so long, knowing them as characters and people, its sad to think it about it ending. I remember when MASH ended I bawled my head off. I watched that show faithfully. (done w/ mushy)

One more thing re the cons--I would love to go to Shore Leave to see Amanda, I'd give my right arm, (well my left since I'm right handed) to go. Its only about 8 hrs from me but the hotel costs are out of my range....grrr. However, does anyone know who to ocntact to see if these events, Gabit, Creation, etc. would or could record the event and sell the dvd's for those who can't go? Any info on this would be appreciated. Have a good one!!!
          Creation did do a DVD from their 2004 Burbank Con. But they had such a hard time getting all the approval needed to release the DVD. I doubt they will even try again. MGM released a DVD of the 2004 SG-1 and SGA panels. There are a lot of people that have to give approval for a con DVD to be done.

As for a Stargate SG-1 movie. That will not happen until SG-1 the TV show is off the air. Lost City was orginally planned as a movie then when the series was renewed they reworked the script for the two part episode. There was talk that started a couple of years ago about a script set in an earlier season that would be done as a movie but according to Michael Shanks when he stopped at our table during the dessert in Vancouver that was reworked and ended up being Moebius. In my opinion once the series is canceled we will see a movie done. However I'm not so sure it would be a feature film, more likely a SciFi channel movie or mini series.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            So what do you send a bunch of guys in appreciation for breaking Hollywood stereotypes and correcting an issue against the odds...???? I'd say beer basket but that doesn't sound quite right.
            Actually...they DO have "Beers of the World" baskets. Well, not baskets per say, but gift...things.

Heck, I wouldn't mind a "Beers of the World' gift thingy myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              I'll chip in $20 to the fruit basket if sam is promoted.

Cause i think i'll own beach front property in Kansas before it ever happens
              Originally posted by Skydiver
              if cam gets promoted over Sam, we could look for an eagle statue or get some 'real' colonel eagles at an army surplus store and send them to amanda

as the REAL commander of sg-1
              Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              Um, in the grand tradition of 'you are what you eat' - is a fruit basket really the best honorarium to present in these circumstances????

Regardless, if they promote Sam over Mitchell, and give her back her command of SG-1 without turning her into 'miss screwup' so that the command can then be returned to a 'deserving' man, I'll chip in $40 for the whatever-basket, too.
              Count me in on $$ for that basket - and the eagles - if Carter gets the promotion that she deserves.

And more of the salad that she deserves on her dress uniform!

Comment

ok, so i think it is

if sam gets promoted, we send the writers a basket
                if she doesn't and cam get promoted over her, we buy her our own set of colonels eagles and send them to her
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

And more of the salad that she deserves on her dress uniform!
                  yeah, i think the costume dept needs to do some research. it was armed forces week on wheel of fortune and this little airmen (whose hair was longer than sam's by the way) had WAAAYYY more fruit salad on her dress uni than sam does

i think someone at bridge needs to get on the internet and find out what she would be entitled to and update her wardrobe a bit

sigpic

Comment

Actually...they DO have "Beers of the World" baskets. Well, not baskets per say, but gift...things.

Heck, I wouldn't mind a "Beers of the World' gift thingy myself.
                    Well considering we've often questioned thier sobriety as they've written stuff, it could be appropriate

sigpic

Comment

So here's what I'd like to see:

Carter gets a promotion to full Colonel
                      O'Neill takes an Ambassador's position

All of the four original members of SG-1 get various medals and commendations for their years of valorous service and sacrifice. With a ceremony on screen for all to see - actually showing Daniel and Teal'c receiving one of their awards - given by O'Neill (Daniel's) and Carter (Teal'c's). Then references in conversation regarding the some of the other awards received. D&T should get the highest awards available for civilians (non-USmilitary).

It would be cool to see Carter get what she deserves in a setting that emphasizes the team and the efforts of all four of the original SG-1 members. It would seriously help to provide closure to what has been lost.

Comment

I'll chip in for the basket too, but fruit is the same as beer in terms of customs. I think the way to do it is to send the money to someone like Major Sam who lives in Vancouver (if they're willing, of course) and see if we can find a way for it to be delivered. I do know two location production assistants on SG1 who are members of GW and delivered a present for Torri at the start of filming.

Why does it seem like my money is quite safe *Sigh*
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Just have to say that I really like your avatar, TracyJane!
                          I went looking through the GW avatar selection on the off-chance-hope that it was one of those, but it must be your own custom avatar. Very nice!

Comment

Tried to green ya, Astro, but couldn't. Wouldn't all that be so awesome? *sigh* Too bad it's very unlikely. Of course, I suppose miracles DO happen, now and again.

So here's what I'd like to see:

Carter gets a promotion to full Colonel
                            O'Neill takes an Ambassador's position

All of the four original members of SG-1 get various medals and commendations for their years of valorous service and sacrifice. With a ceremony on screen for all to see - actually showing Daniel and Teal'c receiving one of their awards - given by O'Neill (Daniel's) and Carter (Teal'c's). Then references in conversation regarding the some of the other awards received. D&T should get the highest awards available for civilians (non-USmilitary).

It would be cool to see Carter get what she deserves in a setting that emphasizes the team and the efforts of all four of the original SG-1 members. It would seriously help to provide closure to what has been lost.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Just have to say that I really like your avatar, TracyJane!
                              I went looking through the GW avatar selection on the off-chance-hope that it was one of those, but it must be your own custom avatar. Very nice!
                              Thank you, but it was Kat who did it for me! I originally used the screencap, but it was a little blurry and grey, so Kat took it and cleaned it up, the genius that she is! I was actually thinking of changing it to an avatar I've just made for another board. But I think I'll keep this one a while longer.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                What order would Carter have been following in your scenario?
                                In my version, Sam wasn't following an order at all. Sam was in Washington with Jack and Landry phoned Jack to ask for her back. It all makes sense. Think about the incredible timing. How else would Jack know when Sam was due to walk through the door?

Comment

Working...
                                X