No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus CB is supposedly having a baby. And she's usually based in Aus. It would be a big move to uproot herself and a bub to Vancouver.

Basically nothing is set in stone yet guys so hang tough...

Oh and GO SAM!

(((((everybody))))) (and I give good hugs )

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      i know, coley, i know.

i've thought about it, and if sam's a recurring character on sg1 and atlantis, i'll be a recurring viewer. i'll just watch the eps she's in and fastforward through parts to find her scenes. and to think that i'd *ever* think that way about stargate eps...

stargate: gemini's sounding better and better.

sally
      Let's not go there again just yet...Abydos Gate is quoting JM's blog about the contracts being offered to the cast...but go check. He's made no comments about contracts except to say that he's not involved in negotiations.

I don't know where they're getting any of this. There's nothing about Claudia at all. I mean we see from hints in the Ask Joe thread that we'll get more Vala, and we know from Amanda at GABIT that CB was offered a contract so everyone has A contract of sorts...but there's nothing official anywhere about what type of contract anyone has been offered...and this includes CB...or whether or not anyone has signed said contracts yet.

For all we know, the contract is for 4 episodes spread throughout the year. I mean you'd need a contract for that too wouldn't you? You'd need a contract for appearing in a single episode for that matter.

So the truth is, CB might have been asked back as a recurring character or might have been asked back as a regular. We just don't know yet.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

GABIT PHOTOS
        45 really good ones of Amanda from the con at her French fansite!!!

mmmm, Chocolate!Covered Amanda....

*falls ded*

Comment

Thanks for the link A_D

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

mmmm, Chocolate!Covered Amanda....
          That should go on your sloganiser rotation

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
            That should go on your sloganiser rotation
            bah, it'd never come up for me anyway

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
              Thanks. I did make the retraction post right after the wrong one and I just sent an e-mail to Darren as well - nuts I'm so ticked I made this mistake - too tired and moving to fast.

Just as an FYI for anyone who may make a mistake in a post at JMs blog and you use the anonymous option (if they are like me and cannot figure out how to register) you cannot delete or edit your own posts. If you make a mistake and want to delete it you have to contact the Gateworld Admin and they will be able to delete the posts for you.

Comment

Amanda in Motion

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0792.jpg

She's a shooting star
                Racing through the universe
                Hard to keep her still

Whirling and spinning
                Rapid acceleration
                Forward and reverse

Completely alive
                Energized by all her fans
                Mischief on her mind

A quick look, a glance
                The lens cannot match the pace
                Here, and then she's gone

Blonde hair flying free
                Freeze frames are impossible
                Cameras won't work

Eyes instead, just watch
                Caught in her trajectory
                Spirit needs to soar

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Oh gosh - the forum is back up.

Not had time to look back at any posts I'm afraid, however my spirits are now lower than ever.

Took a brief wander on a few other sites last night and saw - another gabiteer had posted Aamnda's quotes from the first session on saturday right up there on a thread on her (AT's) official website on a thread regarding season 10, along with a recommendation that AT shouldn't put up with such treatment and should leave the show!! This was posted on sunday - so I guess we were not the only ones putting Amanda's words out there.

Now for the upsetting part - on the Abydos Gate on the Sam Carter section it is stated that CB has been asked to come back FULL TIME - I think this was from JM's blog??? So what I have been fearing for the last 9 months may actually becoming to fruition. Sounds like Vala will take the lead form Sam and TPTB want to hedge their bets and keep the Sam fans by having Carter as a recurring role.

Well I'm sorry chaps but that is me bowing out of the Stargate viewing fratenity I think. It is no longer SG1 and I feel bad for Amanda that she was kept out of the loop regarding the direction of the show and her character. It is now obvious that TPTB had made sure they delivered contracts to who they regard as the main players in season 10 and leaft the writers struggling with what to do with Sam.

Vala as the main female lead in the show above Carter???? No thanks!!!

No thanks!!!
                  I am not sure where they are getting that from but I di dnot see it in JMs blog - they may be extrapolating it from something he said.

I too will likely bow out if they diminish the character in favor of vala but I am going to wait and see as the hue and cry for Sam Carter/AT this past four days has been amazing and may have them waking up a bit (I can hope can't I). Mallozzi did say nothing is written in stone and even if they do split her time I think they realized that Carter is an extremely important member of the team and they really need to make her a strong, integral part of whichever show she is on. It seems to me that many more poeple then before have come out in favor of Carter and supprot of Carter (not just so-called Sam Fans) and I am even seeing more now on the negative side for vala and more saying if you have vala have her in small doses - so you never know what can hapen. Plus until I actually hear that vala is fulltime SG1 and Carter is not, from an official site I will hedge my bets but as I said if that does turn out to be the case I will bow out as I cannot stomach vala (sorry not even a little) because of what she represents in sci-fi and epecially because if it does go down that way they are putting crass, cheap sexualized crap over a welll established, respected, leader, and I will not lend my $ or time to that kind of highschool, fanboy nonesense.

Comment

Fellow Samandans, I am still recovering from jet lag, two nights of late hours at the office, and con crud (cough), so haven't felt up to posting.

I want to thank all who boosted my spirits through their wonderful posts of encouragement and support. And, watching what has developed since the weekend, I'm now thinking that our honest reporting became a catalyst for all sorts of good things: massive upswell of fan support for AT/Sam, much taking place right here at our Samanda thread; attention of the TPTB (shown by the need for damage control); possible changes in future arc of Sam because of all the fuss! Didn't Bra'tac once say: "not bad, not bad at all" ...

I think our feelings of remorse were based on being with Amanda this past weekend and knowing how she appalls rumors of any kind ... however, the more I think about it, regarding what we here had posted ... we posted as facts, not rumor. And I still stand by that. We were very careful in reporting what we believed we heard. Amen. The use of the term "rumor" really unsettled us because it seemed to discredit our own reporting. As some have said, this may have been written by a PR person to do damage control and reframe and "own" their own version of the story (which seems to be what we reported in the first place: AT may be asked to cross over to SA and her role as Sam is still to be fully defined for S10.)

What I did learn, rather painfully, from this whole brouhaha, is that our kingdom of Samanda is not as isolated nor intimate as I allowed myself to think. One of you wrote a beautiful post about the "dangers" of internet chatting and the false security it may sometimes evoke, only to come back and bite you! I will try to be much more mindful, in the future, that these words I write can become victimized through copying and pasting and appear elsewhere in a much less friendly terrain than Samanda!

That said ... on to GABIT! Still working on my photos. Major Sal PM'd me with some GABIT questions, and after breakfast, I'll return and answer as best I can! I also will share the cocktail-party event with you soon ... good to be back!

Comment

Journalism 101, Stargate Style

The Roving Reporters did report
                      They thought they got their story
                      All hell broke loose upon return
                      And boy we're they ever sorry

At first they almost doubted selves
                      Did they consume too much sloe gin?
                      Were they hearing what they heard
                      Or committing fandom rumor sin?

Good souls all, these stalwart four
                      They'd never hurt a fly
                      Amanda is their idol bright
                      God forbid that they should spy

They tried to set the record straight
                      And stop flogging each other about
                      It took time to see the light
                      Samandans helped them out

The news was out for bad or worse
                      About Sam Carter's dilemma
                      No going back for anyone
                      And the Samandan Four no condemna (cough)

Press releases soon appeared
                      Denying this or that
                      Didn't matter anyway
                      The truth had already made a splat

Fans of Sam and Amanda too
                      Came flocking to the Gate
                      So much support for one so swell
                      A cause to celebrate

Don't mess with Sam was the word out on the street
                      Keep our Amanda in employment
                      Treat her right and treat her well
                      She's given us many years of enjoyment

TPTB didn't know quite what to do
                      Their golfing exploits short-circuited
                      Back to the drawing board they went
                      To revisit Sam's arc and better promote it

Samandans all let out a sigh
                      The kingdom settled down
                      And now the waiting game begins
                      But Sam Carter will surely be around!

Season Ten can have its newbies
                      They can do their schtick
                      But nothing beats our fair Samantha
                      She's the one and only leading chick!
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 03 November 2005, 04:36 AM.

Comment

If all else fails, and they don't deliver
                        And there's much ado
                        Amanda Tapping has lots of options
                        Here's one she could pursue ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0721.jpg

This political announcement was brought to you by CG's daughter at the GABIT cocktail party!

Comment

Having been away, I'm know I'm coming to this discussion late, and I probably don't understand it completely, however, SG-1 without Sam in a major role, will change my feelings for SG-1. She is, and has always been the heart of the show...and without her continued presence, it will be just another Sci-Fi series. I like CB, however, she could never replace Sam. I'd truly love to see Vala in a few episodes, but I want my Sam EVERY week!

(steps off the soap box and goes to lie down.)
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                            I am not sure where they are getting that from but I di dnot see it in JMs blog - they may be extrapolating it from something he said.

I too will likely bow out if they diminish the character in favor of vala but I am going to wait and see as the hue and cry for Sam Carter/AT this past four days has been amazing and may have them waking up a bit (I can hope can't I). Mallozzi did say nothing is written in stone and even if they do split her time I think they realized that Carter is an extremely important member of the team and they really need to make her a strong, integral part of whichever show she is on. It seems to me that many more poeple then before have come out in favor of Carter and supprot of Carter (not just so-called Sam Fans) and I am even seeing more now on the negative side for vala and more saying if you have vala have her in small doses - so you never know what can hapen. Plus until I actually hear that vala is fulltime SG1 and Carter is not, from an official site I will hedge my bets but as I said if that does turn out to be the case I will bow out as I cannot stomach vala (sorry not even a little) because of what she represents in sci-fi and epecially because if it does go down that way they are putting crass, cheap sexualized crap over a welll established, respected, leader, and I will not lend my $ or time to that kind of highschool, fanboy nonesense.
                            Just flying by very quickly, in between school & work & other RL stuff. I have to agree with both you and Coley that I will stop watching SG1 if they give Vala the lead over Sam. I don't hate Vala, but love Sam more. I fear that TPTB actually listen to the psychos on the sony & scifi boards & that's why they're bringing back Vala as a full-time, leading role. Being a very activist minded person myself, what can we do to battle this? I don't recommend the nice people of Samanda going over to those dark places, but does anyone have contact info on TPTB? I will personally print out some great posts regarding Sam & AT & their integral part of SG universe, and mail or e-mail it to them, if the posters don't mind. Please PM me if you do mind. I would love any help with contact info. Thank you so much!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                            Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              AD & Strix here is some Sam Janet and even a little CAKE for you both

Awwwwww! Now that's the way to start my morning. Thanks tsax!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Wait! No fair. I'm a Sam/Janet FRIENDshipper.

Can't I enjoy it too???

Of course you can!

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X