Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    I feel rather marginalised here Not only have I been deemed "not short", but I'm not Canadian, American or Australian and therefore have very little to add on any of the current subject here.

Anyone want to comment on the merits of English Breakfast Tea over Earl Grey? Or are you more Darjeeling people, yourselves? And as for orange juice... bits or no bits?
    Originally posted by deepspace
    That may be so, mini, but I have been called a geek by people, and not in a very nice way. Certainly not in a Geeks rule kind of way.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is, unless you have other geeks around you who think it's great being geek, you can end up feeling pretty lousy for being a geek.
    Sorry Tracy Jane it's not tea, but have one with deepspace and a raise a bottle to the geeks
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Julia has gotten back to me with respect to the "how" of sharing the moment with the other SAmandans without making any sort of big deal out of it. She and the other G4 are really great and have come up with a fabulous plan.
      absolutely PERFECT!!!!

cause you know, AT wouldn't like us making a fuss. it's not fair to the others taht will be there for us to take any more time than they get, and we'll still be able to share

now, i really gotta sit down and write something out and get to the scanner. i will, i promise. i just keep getting side tracked
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
        Hi, I've not managed to keep up with the last couple of days posts, but CG has briefly described Minigeeks idea for GABIT.

I just want to add my comments - which I feel quite strongly about.

I think it is a great idea. I would love to do something for Amanda to show her how much support she has and it would be great if we could do something as a group.

However I feel very strongly that I do not need anything back from Amanda. I do not really want to make a big thing of giving this to her. I do not need any big public show of thanks or glee from Amanda. It is something we are doing for her and I hope we are not seeking some special sort of attention from it. I would feel better if the gift was given to her quietly by Mini in the autograph line - hopefully she can say it is something from Samanda - and leave it at that.

I'm afraid I would be very embarassed if something "special" was organised for us. Give freely is what I say!!
        Well said. The important thing is that she knows we care.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          Schrödinger (that cat!) in lingerie with a bottle of vintage wine, roses, and chocolate covered raw mice. (or jack. that works too, of course)
          Jack in lingerie?

Comment

Deepspace, hun, there's truly no such thing. Those kids are going to grow up, leave home, and realize it's a really big world out there, and high-school social stereotypes just don't apply anymore. I know it doesn't seem like it while it's happening, but nothing anyone thinks or doesn't think of you can ever define you. It's what you think of yourself and how you choose to define your own being that makes you - whomever you want to be. So chin up, hun! WE happen to think you are totally cool, and very sweet. Not to mention witty and funny and a lot of fun to chat with! There's several hundred of us here who feel that way - and (how many?) of them? Yup. I rest my case.
            What she said. Look at how many of us are self-described geeks and how sucessful we are in our lives--professions & family lives. You just have to hang in there through the "Lord of the Flies" years.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Jack in lingerie?
              Hey it would fit him better than Teal'c
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Hey it would fit him better than Teal'c
                I respectfully disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  I respectfully disagree.
                  So does that mean you'd rather see Jack in the lingerie
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

That's really awesome guys, so my thanks go to Mini, Julia and everyone else for making sure everyone will get to see whilst not overplaying the moment!!

Rock on geeks.... our plans for world domination are in full swing...

News from G4 re: THE POSTER

OK folks ... wow, the number of IMs I've had over this. Before I go on I just want to make one thing really clear.

1) The point of the poster is not, in any way, to be a "prestige symbol". There are no egos involved. Please don't fret about that. Truly. It's a thank you card for Amanda, signed by all of us. Simple as that. No pomp. No Ceremony. No worries, ok?

Okay then.

Julia has gotten back to me with respect to the "how" of sharing the moment with the other SAmandans without making any sort of big deal out of it. She and the other G4 are really great and have come up with a fabulous plan.

After conferring with the other three G4, she said this is the plot:

How great is that??

THANK YOU so much Julia, you and the other G4 are simply fabulous and outstanding.

Hugs all,
                    minigeek (who had a really awesome V-Day and hopes you all did too!)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Rock on geeks.... our plans for world domination are in full swing...
                      Exxxxxxcellent...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        What she said, deepspace. You may not have been surrounded by geeks when you were being made fun of, but you're surrounded by geeks here, and we think you're great.
                        Exactly. And remember deepspace, you're not living their lives but yours. If geekiness is your way, be a geek ! Don't let others dictate stereotyped ways of being and living. The most important thing is that you're comfortable with yourself. How many of those who made fun of you are actually happy with their lives ? If being a geek means being uncool in their standards, be proud of it, because it shows that you choosed to be yourself and that their standards can't reach yours.
                        Strix is right. We, geeks of Samanda, love you deepspace and we think you're a wonderful person.
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Making it all the funnier!

Coley: We're from Samanda
                          Amanda: You're what?
                          Coley: From Samanda
                          Amanda : *looks helplessly at Mini*
                          Minigeek: We're from Samanda
                          Amanda: Oh, right.
                          Coley: We made you this poster.
                          Amanda: Ummmmm.
                          Coley: *pointing and doing actions* We..... made... you... this.
                          Amanda and Mini: *giggle helplessly*
                          Nice TJ nice - and 1speed and Mandy yup you kill me!!!

As for Amanda and her svelt like figure at GABIT - I was horrified to hear her hint at the fact that the TV PTB may think she's not slim enough. She's a waif. 1speed's comment was that "She could do with a bag of chips inside her"

I thought Amanda had never looked lovlier than at Comic Con just after Olivia was born!!

Comment

i thought she looked just as gorgeous as ever when she came back to the show in season 9 (possibly even more if thats even possible!). the only time i didn't think she looked absolutely amazingly stunningly bea-u-ti-ful! was in season 5 for a while when i felt she was just a tad too thin.

otherwise she's always been gorgeous, and even though we know shes a looker, i think most or at least a heck of a lot of it is down to her personality coming through. there are people out there that might have the looks but it doesn't really show as much because they don't give off the aura of beauty in their actions. i'm not sure i'm expressing myself right or well here. so i'll shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Aww, poor Coley. I really didn't have a problem understanding Coley. Guess I just have a talent for thick accents.
                              Mmmm ponders this over nip if whiskey

Time to bring on a happy memory from GABIT. This story courtesy of the Jester's daughter. Conversation between the Jester and her daughter in their hotel room:

Jester: I don’t know about you, but I find a lot of these British accents very hard to understand. [gestures to news show on hotel TV] Oh, now her accent’s heavy.

Daughter
                              : That’s German, Mom.

ROTFL

Comment

Happy Belated Birthdays To Astro And Shimmeringstar!!

Comment

Working...
                                X