Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, spoiler tags, cos I don't want to ruin the plot

Spoiler:
    but Teal'c was amazing. What is the purpose of wings? Fabulous. The whole thing made me crack up so much. I kinda wish it was longer
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Originally Posted by Mandysg1
      I have a fanfic recommendation. A Personal Favor by iamdragonrider
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1936558/1/

All the women will love this story, it's the funniest thing I've ever read However the guys might just runaway and hide.

Just finished it and it was truly hilarious. I laughed out loud in several spots. Thanks mandy!
      oh god yes!
      that fic is priceless

one of the best 'boys dealing with sam being a girl' fic i've read
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Ok, spoiler tags, cos I don't want to ruin the plot

Spoiler:
        but Teal'c was amazing. What is the purpose of wings? Fabulous. The whole thing made me crack up so much. I kinda wish it was longer
        Can't you see Jack telling Daniel as the linguist he should explain it to Teal'c
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Deepspace, hun, there's truly no such thing. Those kids are going to grow up, leave home, and realize it's a really big world out there, and high-school social stereotypes just don't apply anymore. I know it doesn't seem like it while it's happening, but nothing anyone thinks or doesn't think of you can ever define you. It's what you think of yourself and how you choose to define your own being that makes you - whomever you want to be. So chin up, hun! WE happen to think you are totally cool, and very sweet. Not to mention witty and funny and a lot of fun to chat with! There's several hundred of us here who feel that way - and (how many?) of them? Yup. I rest my case.
          *blushes* thankyou mini. Your words mean a lot to me.
          Strix: What she said, deepspace. You may not have been surrounded by geeks when you were being made fun of, but you're surrounded by geeks here, and we think you're great.
          jckfan: What she said. Look at how many of us are self-described geeks and how sucessful we are in our lives--professions & family lives. You just have to hang in there through the "Lord of the Flies" years.
          lys: Exactly. And remember deepspace, you're not living their lives but yours. If geekiness is your way, be a geek ! Don't let others dictate stereotyped ways of being and living. The most important thing is that you're comfortable with yourself. How many of those who made fun of you are actually happy with their lives ? If being a geek means being uncool in their standards, be proud of it, because it shows that you choosed to be yourself and that their standards can't reach yours.
          Strix is right. We, geeks of Samanda, love you deepspace and we think you're a wonderful person.
          katG: Kids can be really cruel I know. And it can hurt. But it will get better. The kids who were popular and athletic and ruled the school, generally don't rule much of anything as they grow older, however geeks grow up to run the world. 8) So in the long run, geeks win hands down.
          Wow, thankyou guys. I’m feeling a little overwhelmed right now, so sorry if I start mumbling incoherently.

I do totally undrestand where you’re all coming from, it’s just still sometimes hard to remember that while you’re being teased or put down. But I guess as you grow up you learn to take it better, and I suppose not so seriously. As someone said quite well, it’s Kiddie politics.
          They seem so important when you’re a kid. But in the long run, they’re not.
          And I’m truly happy to have landed myself amongst you guys. Samandans rock.
          Unfortunately I have a habit of paying too much attention to what people think of me. It can be a nasty habit, and one that’s very hard to kick.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            Well, it is a British tea that is blended in the Yorkshire Dales, a product of Bettys & Taylors of Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

I'm not exactly a tea expert, but this is my favorite tea. Strong, dark, tastes wonderful. Perhaps 1Speed can explain more eloquently.

Vegemite... never had any, but one of my Aussie committee members is supposedly sending me some in a package... "I insist!" he said, and I could easily picture his evil grin.
            Vegemite? *gags*
            You poor, poor thing. Who could possibly want to subject you to the evilness that is vegemite??

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Can't you see Jack telling Daniel as the linguist he should explain it to Teal'c
              Ah, now, this is where Daniel would turn round and argue that he is an archaeologist and a polyglot, not a linguist (sorry.... linguist speaking here. Is Daniel a linguist or just a polyglot? I'm never sure.)

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Originally Posted by Mandysg1
                I have a fanfic recommendation. A Personal Favor by iamdragonrider
                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1936558/1/

All the women will love this story, it's the funniest thing I've ever read However the guys might just runaway and hide.

Just finished it and it was truly hilarious. I laughed out loud in several spots. Thanks mandy!

I loved it. Laughed so hard as
                Spoiler:
                Sam made a one word request to the guys

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Mmmm ponders this over nip if whiskey

Time to bring on a happy memory from GABIT. This story courtesy of the Jester's daughter. Conversation between the Jester and her daughter in their hotel room:

Jester: I don’t know about you, but I find a lot of these British accents very hard to understand. [gestures to news show on hotel TV] Oh, now her accent’s heavy.

Daughter
                  : That’s German, Mom.

ROTFL
                  ROFLOL
                  sorry Jester, but that is funny.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Ahh, SunKrux Samandans shouldn't hide in the corner, come back out into the light (Well maybe we do hide in a sarcophagus, but that's just until that special someone joins us )

*mumbling heard from SunKrux's corner
                    I'm less likely to offend folks if I just mumble incoherantly to myself here in the corner. Besides, I'm waiting for Teal'C to come join me. *waggles eyebrows suggestivly
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                      *mumbling heard from SunKrux's corner
                      I'm less likely to offend folks if I just mumble incoherantly to myself here in the corner. Besides, I'm waiting for Teal'C to come join me. *waggles eyebrows suggestivly
                      yeah, well i gotta get t hrough with him first!!!

sunny, get your tush back out here and help keep these kids in line
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        yeah, well i gotta get t hrough with him first!!!

sunny, get your tush back out here and help keep these kids in line
                        Well sky, quit HOGGING him!

As for these kids...<weg> As my momma always said...where there ain't no sense, there ain't no feeling. You know...they'll all fall and such.

so no one gets offended, I'm JUST TEASING!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well sky, quit HOGGING him!

As for these kids...<weg> As my momma always said...where there ain't no sense, there ain't no feeling. You know...they'll all fall and such.

so no one gets offended, I'm JUST TEASING!
                          The only one to get offended will be Sky if you don't keep your hands off Teal'c
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

The only one to get offended will be Sky if you don't keep your hands off Teal'c
                            Whatever, I ain't afraid of Sky.
                            sigpic

Comment

Whatever, I ain't afraid of Sky.
                              You should be.

*Cowers in Fear of Sky and the Elders*

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                You should be.

*Cowers in Fear of Sky and the Elders*
                                What's she going to do to me? Hog Teal'C more? I know what he likes better than she does. <weg>
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X