Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    Add me to the list of scooter riders. I bought a Yamaha Zuma last fall when the price of gas went sky high, mainly because the gas mileage is so good. But of course now, I love it because it’s just plain fun to ride. Its top speed is only 40 mph, so it’s not up to Sam’s need for speed, but it’s great for riding around town. I now look for excuses to run those little errands that used to annoy me so much.

NC
    You Yanks don't know the meaning of expensive gas!! Where I'm headed it is a whopping $1.77 per litre. I did say to 1speed I'd need a motorbike. I'm thinking a nice nippy little trials bike. I used to have a nice honda trials bike - it was really cool, then I got a 1956 BSA Bantam, then a Honda CB100 - Then I got a dog so had to buy a car!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
      You Yanks don't know the meaning of expensive gas!! Where I'm headed it is a whopping $1.77 per litre. I did say to 1speed I'd need a motorbike. I'm thinking a nice nippy little trials bike. I used to have a nice honda trials bike - it was really cool, then I got a 1956 BSA Bantam, then a Honda CB100 - Then I got a dog so had to buy a car!!
      Holly and we Canadians gripe when it gets to $0.90 a liter (Canadian)
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        $0.90? It's hovering at like, $1.00 right now. Remember two years ago when it was $0.55?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          $0.90? It's hovering at like, $1.00 right now. Remember two years ago when it was $0.55?
          Oh yea the good old days but today it was $0.90 in the am and $0.84 in the afternoon
          I guess it depends where you live?

I
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            Okay, here's a couple of questions for you all.

Who would you rather meet? Sam Carter (if she were a real person) or Amanda Tapping?

How much of your affection for the character of Sam Carter bleeds over into your perception of Amanda?

Do you ever have a hard time separating the two?
            Love to meet both, Sam is just awesome. I have "met" Amanda at the GABIT autograph session, but she was a little wrapped up in angst so I didn't dare bother her with my insignificant ramblings and only managed to squeek out a "You look exhausted". There is always GABIT2 but seeing as Amanda is someone I am quite in awe of I'll just get tongue tied. Knowing Amanda can't understand my Lancastrian dialect makes it even worse!! "Crystal Skull"

None two different peeps.

No way - as above. Just don't understand people who can't separate a character from the actor.

Comment

Oh yea the good old days but today it was $0.90 in the am and $0.84 in the afternoon
              I guess it depends where you live?

I
              Probably, it was $0.985 this morning here.

Comment

Okay, Math People: what does that translates to in terms of gallons?

I'm paying $2.37/gallon right now.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                  Okay, Math People: what does that translates to in terms of gallons?

I'm paying $2.37/gallon right now.
                  It's about 3.78 gallons to every metric litre, so about $0.625 cents per litre is the equivellant. A shade more than half of what we're commonly paying in Ontario. Imagine you had to double your gas price and think of us the next time you fill up. *g* Or think of Coley, rather, and imagine you had to TRIPLE what you were paying!

Comment

Thank minigeek! You know, if I look at it in terms of litres, I'm not doing so bad!
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm most like Daniel Jackson, which didn't surprise me a bit. At least, classic Daniel Jackson and I share a very similar personality/temperment.

I'm an INFJ, and I would type him as an INFP...

Sam, I would type as an INTJ.

Vala, incidentally, is Sam's exact opposite, an ESFP.

And if you're curious as to what I'm talking about you can go here or here.
                      I got Daniel too. And it fits. Rather too well actually.

Oooh. And someone else who's done the MB profile.

And I agree with you. I'd definitely type him as an INFP, which is what I am too.

Somebody did a MB profile on the four original team members awhile back and what aspects of their personalities made them work so well together. Not sure who it was though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        LOL 1speed sure gets around. As to Amanda "approving", I believe there's a photo somewhere of AT drawing a pint from the hotel's bar whilst we all were at GABIT!
                        Sorry to scotch that one Chopin, but the picture I think you are remembering is the one put up on the screen at Gabit of Amanda "pulling a pint" at the Rovers Return on the Coronation Street set.

I was with Amanda the whole time she was at the hotel and I can honestly say she didn't draw a pint or have a beer. Cups of tea were all she had apart from a single glass of wine at the Cocktail party.

The picture you're referring to isn't currently on-line but the Gabit galleries with loads of photos from the Event, many not seen before, are going live within the next ten days and it will be on there. It's a lovely shot of her "pulling a pint" - it was of course a mock up on the set but it looks great.

Julia
                        G4 - Gabit Guest Services Director
                        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                          Hey, Carson's not so bad. And at least Jack was up there. Well of course, since Jack is my secret TV affair, of course I would think that. (My secret TV boyfriend must never find out.)
                          No he's not--but Jack and Carson just seem so different.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I believe the best way to describe Sam's interest in McKay is ... Sam tolerates McKay. He flusters Sam, which is good thing. He tends to throw her off-center and makes her really work for his praise. I think she's been around so many people that tend to be in awe of her intelligence and abilities that she needs to occassionally be brought back down to Earth. It keeps her humble to work with men and women who are her intellectual equals and who don't worship the ground she walks on, at least not publically. It's one of the reasons I enjoy seeing Sam work with McKay and Lee. They may or may not find her attractive, but they always keep her on her toes and hide any feelings they may have with snarky, often snide comments.
                            I would green you on this, but it just won't let me at the moment.

I agree with your assessment. Rodney's one of the few people that doesn't take Sam at face value. She was so used to being the one who came up with the answer and for the most part being right, that when someone challenged her on that, she was totally out of her element. It was like her whole perspective was in question. I liked that Rodney brings that out in her and makes her actually work for the answer, not just pull it out of her head.
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, here's a couple of questions for you all.

Who would you rather meet? Sam Carter (if she were a real person) or Amanda Tapping?

How much of your affection for the character of Sam Carter bleeds over into your perception of Amanda?

Do you ever have a hard time separating the two?
                              Good questions!
                              1. I'd love to meet them both, but I would probably be less of a blithering idiot meeting Sam. Sure, I wouldn't know what she was talking about physics-wise, but I could view her as a fellow academic. I would probably get all star struck with AT. "I just want you to know I'm your idol!" (Aagh, what did I say?!")

2. No, they are both great.

3. Sam and AT aren't the same person? Wow. No, I never have that problem.

Comment

OK...

The first time, I was Thor. Then I was Daniel.

Now my Stargate Boyfriend is...

And ya know what? I can't really complain about that. I'm just gonna have to get that one brunette of competition out of the way for a while...

Oh yeah, and on Atlantis, I'm also...

Comment

Working...
                                X