• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    I loved Trio...

Spoiler:
    nothing they tried worked, but MacGyver couldn't have done a better job

I loved the acting... all 3 were awesome. Just like in Line In the Sand, Sam's pain was totally believable.

Oh, and the toenail polish was awesome.
    Spoiler:
    I loved it, too. I think it was totally realistic that not every solution would be successful and that by Jennifer falling they'd finally find the way out. Often in RL, solutions to problems come by accident--if folks wouldn't get their knickers in a twist and stop stressing over it, the solution could be right in front of their noses. Oh, and her toenail polish is same as mine--I never get colors, just pearly white--only her feet are much sexier than mine

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
      Spoiler:
      <snippedy-doo-da>

I did give this show a chance but I can see the same nonsense that brought SG-1 down has permeated SGA in many ways. I was so looking forward to a strong leader ep showing Carter in full-bird hero mode and we get who would you make out with in a pinch, and show 'em your boobs, and that crap with the Zalenka comment which just made her look bad (and the other 2 as well when you heard and saw what they had to say about him - Keller's facial expression said it all). I almost spit at the TV when she admitted she was not thinking about how to get out she was focused on not screaming and also the part after she fell the second time she actually utters the words we're in trouble as if she was giving up (more a line I would have expected from McKay or Keller not Carter after her 10 years of facing death, at times actually dying and coming back, saving the world umpteen times, etc.) - how low can they go with Carter - even as a greenie to the gate travel when she was in Solitudes you never saw a hint of "I give up" never mind having it verbally put out there by Carter, twice in one episode.

About the highlighted bit:

I took that to mean:
      Spoiler:
      The other two were scared spitless of heights. I'd feel screwed too.

The whole "I need a clear mind" thing didn't make sense if she was too focused on not screaming though. Though the pain would have done down a lot after the leg was set/splinted...surely Keller could tell it was a simple break, not reslly that bad.

Still, I really enjoyed this episode and wasn't at all offended. Rodney... is Rodney. He suffers from foot in mouth disease.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

MGM's website has posted still from "Midway" next weeks episode of SGA

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php

Spoiler:

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
          Um, I'm a little bit lost. Who here is related in any way shape or form? I know Tracy and Ames are together, but I've been wondering if Oober and NZNeep are sisters or cousins or something. I didn't know Suse was in there too. Where have you and Mandy been playing?
          We aren't related, in fact we are in different hemispheres and just met on the board We just like to tease. Now, Spacegirlnz who sometimes posts here is one of my best friends in real life. And my twin sister is only up to season 2 of SG-1 so if I catch her lurking I will hit her with a big anti-spoiler stick

ETA: but it's a good idea. I think I will replace my own twin with Ooober. Does anyone else want to be my sibling?
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

We aren't related, in fact we are in different hemispheres and just met on the board We just like to tease. Now, Spacegirlnz who sometimes posts here is one of my best friends in real life. And my twin sister is only up to season 2 of SG-1 so if I catch her lurking I will hit her with a big anti-spoiler stick

ETA: but it's a good idea. I think I will replace my own twin with Ooober. Does anyone else want to be my sibling?
            When the 3 of us have been out together we have been asked if we were triplets. Especially when we were all in uniform, and had our hair in a pony tail =)

So we're close enough! Lol.
            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
              When the 3 of us have been out together we have been asked if we were triplets. Especially when we were all in uniform, and had our hair in a pony tail =)

Hehe, so true!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Happy Birthday Skydiver!!!!

Happy birthday Denise...hope you have a great, super fantastic day!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Wooooh, Happy Birthday Sky! You know we love ya!

I think Spacegirl is the kind of lurker who reads every single post in this thread. I think she should post more, because she loves Sam and Amanda. Poke her, guys. Poke her and lick her until she is posting every day.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKYDIVER !
                    HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY
                    sigpic
                    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      My friend Jenni capped this from Trio ... haha ... so cute (no real spoilers unless you consider knowing Carter wears toepolish being spoiled... oops )
                      Spoiler:
                      Hehe...cute!
                      Originally posted by feline peachfuzz View Post
                      sam's gotta be the most fantastic character played by the most fantastic actress. it was kinda dissapointing that they didn't keep up with the jolinar/uber powers thing at least on some small level. i think her character shows in not only the big, all-about-sam episodes like in the line of duty, but just the little things she says and does like in meridian, revelations, etc. (and i quote: "I dont know why we wait to tell people how we really feel." (thats total sam/daniel; don't even deny it). i gotta say, sam/jack is great and all, but sam/daniel is amazing. her best episodes are (my opinion) grace and death knell, where she demostrates her brain and soldier skills, respectively.
                      Personally, I'm not a fan of S/D...I only see them having a very special brother/sister type relationship...I am a Sam/Jack shipper...don't hold that against me...each to their own I guess!!
                      Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                      Hi Everyone,
                      Sounds like everyone enjoyed Trio, I haven't read any spoilers b/c I won't see it until Tuesday but is it a good ep?
                      OT: A bit of ot news...
                      Spoiler:
                      I was at my first 'reading' at my local theatre group, they were picking people to play parts in the next production, there was no part for me this time around but I get to help out backstage. I am so excited!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      Congratulations Julia...I'm sure you will have a great time...WTG!!!
                      Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                      Um, I'm a little bit lost. Who here is related in any way shape or form? I know Tracy and Ames are together, but I've been wondering if Oober and NZNeep are sisters or cousins or something. I didn't know Suse was in there too. Where have you and Mandy been playing?
                      I have no relatives here...not a one...(except my brother did post here ages ago...he doesn't come in any more...I think he was just sussing out what his sis gets up to!!)...but I have what I consider to be the coolest most wonderful cyber family ever...I'd adopt everyone if they wanted me!!
                      Originally posted by donamac View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Oh, and her toenail polish is same as mine--I never get colors, just pearly white--only her feet are much sexier than mine
                      I paint mine metallic pink
                      Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                      Awww...that's so cool...just as long as I can tell you two apart later this year...hehe!!
                      I think Spacegirl is the kind of lurker who reads every single post in this thread. I think she should post more, because she loves Sam and Amanda. Poke her, guys. Poke her and lick her until she is posting every day.
                      LICK!!!!
                      POKE!!!
                      YO!!! Emma!!!

I have to be quick tonight...off to watch Trio!! Thanks to Colin for making that possible!!
                      Night guys!! Take care, be safe and have fun!!
                      (((Samanda)))
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                        It's not a huge deal, I just didn't have Carter down as someone who went in for that. Or at least, didn't have her down as someone who had the time to get her nails done. Unless she had a big date or night out and was wearing strappy sandals or something.

Apparently it was mentioned that Sam and Vala had a pedicure at some point. I missed it. *shrug* Not a big deal, just not something I envisaged.
                        Oh, I was not wondering so much about your comment as much as I was wondering about some others I read elsewhere that seemed to indicate (and I am paraphrasing based on my perception) "Carter is more concerned with her toenails then with her job as leader of Atlantis" or "Carter spends too much time doing her toenails and that’s why she shouldn’t be leader of Atlantis"

Now I don’t do my toenails but I have seen my mother do hers and it seemed like it took a whole 5 min (ok with some drying time while watching TV). So I just don’t see how this says anything about Carters character or what she actually spends her time doing. And it certainly doesn’t mean she’s not a capable soldier/scientist/leader. For all I know she does her toenails to calm herself as she is reading over all of the mission reports for the day, or inbetween chapters of a book she is writing (scientific, of course, not autobiography ).
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          I paint mine metallic pink

Awww...that's so cool...just as long as I can tell you two apart later this year...hehe!!

LICK!!!!
                          POKE!!!
                          YO!!! Emma!!!

I have to be quick tonight...off to watch Trio!! Thanks to Colin for making that possible!!
                          Night guys!! Take care, be safe and have fun!!
                          (((Samanda)))
                          I have black toe nails =) to match my black and pink nails. 1/2 and 1/2 =)

You'll be able to tell us apart easily. While we looked similar in uniform we have our own styles, and while we may do the same think with our maccas cheese/chicken mccheese burger combos, we are very different people
                          Wooooh, Happy Birthday Sky! You know we love ya!

I lurk and skim read most posts unless I only have like 5 minutes. Lurking is good. But I was thinking yesterday that I should start posting more, even if it's just to say Happy Birthday to people

On that note:

Happy Birthday Sky!
                          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

HAPPY BRTHDAY SKY!!!

Laugh lots and let there be cake!

Royal Page of Samanda
                            "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                              Oh, I was not wondering so much about your comment as much as I was wondering about some others I read elsewhere that seemed to indicate (and I am paraphrasing based on my perception) "Carter is more concerned with her toenails then with her job as leader of Atlantis" or "Carter spends too much time doing her toenails and that’s why she shouldn’t be leader of Atlantis"

Now I don’t do my toenails but I have seen my mother do hers and it seemed like it took a whole 5 min (ok with some drying time while watching TV). So I just don’t see how this says anything about Carters character or what she actually spends her time doing. And it certainly doesn’t mean she’s not a capable soldier/scientist/leader. For all I know she does her toenails to calm herself as she is reading over all of the mission reports for the day, or inbetween chapters of a book she is writing (scientific, of course, not autobiography ).
                              I think that's the response of people who:

a) Want an excuse to moan a bit.

b) Hold viewpoints that state that if you engage in any activity which could be construed as overtly 'feminine' (such as interest in appearance, which may lead to the application of varnish, having a hairstyle, not minding going clothes shopping, etc) then it means you must be flighty and therefore a 'girly' woman who is either of not much use, or somehow an affront to feminism. Which apparently dictates that a strong, independent woman must behave like a traditional man in order to further the cause of women. The huge, gaping, actually anti-feminist hole in this is somehow invisible to them.

c) Don't do in for stuff like that (which is more than perfectly fair- I can't be bothered a lot of the time) but somehow think its really difficult and time-consuming and indicates vanity in that you'd be willing to do that instead of doing work, etc. Although like you said, its very easy to apply varnish whilst watching something, or waiting for it to dry whilst reading. This is somewhat linked to b), but not always

This could be a combination of one or more factors, depending on the person

...And this led into a rant. Oops. I suppose I just find myself in that position so often- having to defend my decisions concerning my appearance and how it doesn't affect my working, academic or personal life- that I automatically do that. I did my nails yesterday whilst looking online for copies of the Florence Nightingale essay on the stifling nature of the Victorian family on women's intelligence and social roles, for crying out loud

Oh, and happy birthday Sky
                              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKY!!!!!!!
                                Hope you have a great day and all that you wish for
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X