dropping off a link to a great little tag to Fair Game

http://petite-stars.livejournal.com/9174.html

team night, celebrations, angst, drama.....a good sam fic
      Thank you for reccing me

I'm a HUGE Sam fan... great thread you guys have here, might stick around
      sigpic

Comment

Happy Late Birthday, Suse!

I'm sorry about forgetting to put the spoilers in my Sanctuary post Also, thanks for all the comments and green, everyone

Originally posted by Kickoutwoolsey View Post
        hi, i've seen a few people ask these questions, so i thought i'd try. here's mine:

what's the number 1 thing you have for Amanda? Love, respect, etc?
        For me, it would probably be admiration. I mean I think love and respect kind of go along with that. If I were to say how I feel about Amanda, the first thing I'd say is that I really admire her, so yeah, I'm going with that, but it is hard to choose just one positive word to describe my feelings for her.

Originally posted by petite_stars View Post
        Thank you for reccing me

Welcome and I hope you do stick around. I don't get a chance to come on often, but I say the more Sam/Amanda fans, the better!
        Last edited by Forestia; 12 January 2009, 04:00 AM.
        Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
        Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i hope they just let her hair be dark.

or, maybe find a short blond wig
          Watching the show with my husband (with whom I do not discuss the show as it tends to annoy him and I don't want to bias his opinions), he commented at one point that he really liked Sam's hair long and thought it looked much better that way, and that he thought she looked, overall, great in the episode.

He also said later that he found it amusing watching John with Sam because she seemed so much older and more mature, like she really belonged there, and he seemed like such a kid next to her . And he meant that in a good way...

Just thought I'd mention maybe the wig was more obvious to those of us who 'knew' than it really was to the general public. Though I wonder if the real reason for the makeup and earrings was to distract from the wig.

Comment

I would say that my number one thing has changed over the years.

When I first joined the fandom as a teenager, I would probably have said love (though crush or drool would have been nearer the mark). Amanda was little more to me than "the hot chick from Stargate... who's pretty good at acting too". So yeah, I went through my teenage "piece of meat" stage.

Intermingled with that, and what sort of grew out of that, was a sort of admiration for her work and also for her approach to things, so that sort of took over as my number one.

But now, and I think it's been this way since probably 2006ish, I would say that respect is the number one thing, although admiration grows from that respect and is entwined with it. It's not just respect for her work and for her work ethic, but also for her as a person and the way she deals with the trials and tribulations thrown her way. I respect her in the same way that I respect many women I know who have dealt with similar situations - and yes, I'd travel halfway round the world to see them too!
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

My thoughts on EATG:

Spoiler:
              I thought it was a good end to the show. I am glad that Sam was in the ep. Of course she was doing a great job of running the SGC in General Landry's absence. I didn't think about Amanda wearing a wig, but I had seen her as Helen recently, so I think the long blond hair seemed strange to me for that reason, though Helen does have blond hair in the flashbacks, but it looks different. Anyway, back to Atlantis... I was sad to hear about General Hammond as I was sad to hear about Don. Another good man lost , but it was a nice gesture to mention his character in the ep. One thing I would have changed is the part where Sam is calling Atlantis and we don't hear them and then we hear Woolsy and know everyone is ok. That has been done and the audience (well, at least most of the viewers) already know that everyone is alright. I would have stayed with Atlantis and then cut to Sam as she is calling them for the last time, then we would see their reaction, but it wouldn't seem like TPTB were trying to surprise us when we all know everyone is ok. That didn't bother me that much though, so all in all, I loved the ep. I like that Atlantis landed in San Francisco. I live about 8 hours from there, but in the same state and I've been there several times. I had this daydream where I was visiting SF and looking out over the water and I was thinking about the fact that Atlantis was there, but I couldn't see it. Too bad that isn't really true, but alas, it's a different reality

I also wanted to comment on "Vegas":

Spoiler:
              I know that Sam isn't in the ep. (well none of the characters we know are in it, because it takes place in an alternate reality, but we don't see Sam's alternate), but I still wanted to say I think that ep. is awesome! It is apparent to me that TPTB did not skimp on the quality of the eps. in the last couple of seasons. "Vegas" is definitely in my top 5, maybe top 3. I loved the homage to CSI and the music is great too!
              Ok, sorry, I know that was kind of O/T, but I had to say it.
              Last edited by Forestia; 12 January 2009, 05:21 AM.
              Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
              Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

It was really good to see Sam in
                Spoiler:
                Atlantis' last episode! :-) I think she was doing a good job running the SGC :-)
                Last edited by KatG; 12 January 2009, 11:16 AM. Reason: added spoiler tag
                sigpic

Comment

Happy B-day suse!!!!

I don't know if you all saw this, but thought to rec it just in case.

Atlantis - Carter vs. Woolsey
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

[QUOTE=rderoch;9559253]
                    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Is this a Canadian thing?

Yes. Due to the fact our igloos do not have electrical outlets (makes the spring thaw highly dangerous as water and electricity don't mix) we have to run our technology on car batteries. DVD recorders suck way too much power. Therefore the VCR is the recorder of choice.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      I would say that my number one thing has changed over the years.

When I first joined the fandom as a teenager, I would probably have said love (though crush or drool would have been nearer the mark). Amanda was little more to me than "the hot chick from Stargate... who's pretty good at acting too". So yeah, I went through my teenage "piece of meat" stage.

Intermingled with that, and what sort of grew out of that, was a sort of admiration for her work and also for her approach to things, so that sort of took over as my number one.

But now, and I think it's been this way since probably 2006ish, I would say that respect is the number one thing, although admiration grows from that respect and is entwined with it. It's not just respect for her work and for her work ethic, but also for her as a person and the way she deals with the trials and tribulations thrown her way. I respect her in the same way that I respect many women I know who have dealt with similar situations - and yes, I'd travel halfway round the world to see them too!
                      Well said TJ! And I'm with you...except I wasn't a teenager when I started watching SG1. I've always respected Amanda for who she is as a person and her talent as an actress. As well as how she responds to her fans. You know, even if she weren't so talented but treated her fans the way she does, I'd still be a fan. Amanda knows who's helping her pay her bills, the fans. That goes a long way in my book. Not that I think she owes us anything, but the fact that she genuinely cares about her fans and makes it known she does care, that's awesome.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i hope they just let her hair be dark.

or, maybe find a short blond wig

and i'll think on the fic folks....i just gotta finish whumping her for another one first
                        Ooh whump...Did someone mention whump?
                        sigpic

Comment

[quote=EH-T;9561570]
                          Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Yes. Due to the fact our igloos do not have electrical outlets (makes the spring thaw highly dangerous as water and electricity don't mix) we have to run our technology on car batteries. DVD recorders suck way too much power. Therefore the VCR is the recorder of choice.
                          ROTFLMAO!

Mandy made me spit coffee on the Gabit board, but I just about had to have the Heimlich done after this.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Thank you for reccing me

Please do. Welcome!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Originally posted by Kickoutwoolsey View Post
                              hi, i've seen a few people ask these questions, so i thought i'd try. here's mine:

what's the number 1 thing you have for Amanda? Love, respect, etc?
                              I'd say respect, then out of respect grew admiration and yeah a bit of love too.
                              Thank you for reccing me

Welcome!!
                              Do stick around its great fun!! Hehe.
                              Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              It was really good to see Sam in Atlantis' last episode! :-) I think she was doing a good job running the SGC :-)
                              OK I don't if what's under the spoiler is true but b/c it wasn't spoilered when I read it, I've just been spoiled as it hasn't been shown in the UK yet PLEASE REMEMBER THE SPOILER BUTTON.

Sorry Sky if I'm out of line saying this.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Ok, this is not original, but I would say respect would be the main word I think of with AT.
                                From everything I have learned about her from people who have met her, statements by co-workers, interviews & her dvd commentaries:

She is a person who:

* takes her work seriously (but not herself so much),
                                *treats her co-workers with respect--how many times have we read that she's a generous actor in scenes or heard her comment positively on *someone else's* performance or commented positively about the contributions of the crew or extras (or background performers, as she usually refers to them--which itself says something imho)

*she treats fans well
                                *uses her position of fame to aid good causes
                                *and of course, does great acting work.

Those are all qualities & behavior I greatly respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X