No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm off to bed now folks, take care see you all tomorrow and Sky is my suggestion of how to vote OK? Maybe have 2 weeks getting a list of names ideas together on the thread and say, 2 weeks of PM vote to decide on the final name? Or if you or anyone has a better idea on how to organize voting then I'm very happy to go along with what you think as I'm a bit nervous b/c I've not organized anything before

Night folks

((((((Samanda's)))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

HAPPY BOXING DAY!

Comment

ok, so we have, for names

SAmanda
        Amanda

would it be creepy to call it Olivia? or should we leave her out of it?

and julia, you collecting the votes is fine with me. just pick the date you want to be the last for nominations and that's what it'll be
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

SAmanda
          Amanda

and julia, you collecting the votes is fine with me. just pick the date you want to be the last for nominations and that's what it'll be
          Tappinator

suse
          just kidding
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

SAmanda
            Amanda

hmm..perhaps keep Olivia out of it. If Amanda is pretty private about her daughter already, she might take offense to us using her name so liberally. Not sure though.

Originally posted by suse View Post
            Tappinator

suse
            just kidding
            LOL..I actually was thinking just this too.

No kidding hehe

What about naming it Samantha or even Sam Carter? *shrug*

Comment

SAmanda
              Amanda

Tappinator

suse
              just kidding
              Tappinatoria?
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Merry Christmas Everyone And Happy Boxing Day sorry its late been real busy catching up with fam. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas *Mwah* I love you all.
                sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

So what is Boxing Day (beyond AD's oh so helpful description) and which countries celebrate it? Oh and are there any particular customs related to it?
                  Last edited by Uber; 26 December 2007, 08:40 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_day

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                      Why not name it Samanda?
                      You took the words out of my mouth! I think it would be a great name!

What a nice gift! I think Amanda would be pleased, too.

Donamac

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

HAPPY BOXING DAY!

Comment

SAmanda
                          Amanda

I was thinking Grace. It embodies one of Amanda's personality traits and with Sam it's the wonders of "the child within" always looking up towards the night sky envisioning what's up there.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Heeee, comparing our Christmas stashes? Yesterday I got a watch (it's just like Weir's one! I love it!), clothes, lots of yummy smelling shower gel and creams, lots of blue jello and other stuff from the US, incense sticks, salt and pepper shakers, a set of 4 metal sporks (yay! *sporks*), chopsticks, a cushion with frangipani on it (my favourite flower), cinema vouchers... other stuff... Wow, I'm going through my stash now, but I honestly enjoyed handing out my gifts even more! I gave out 6 paintings which people just loved! I spoiled all the kids rotten with awesome presents, I gave my cousins parker pens...

We had 30 people in the house We spent hours and hours opening all the gifts because there were just so many! Wheeeee! I love my family. Apart from the wee feud going on. *sporks sister-in-laws*

I got today (boxing day) off, but I'm heading back to work tomorrow... so I tried to pack as much as I could into this one day with my Australian cousins and everyone. My highlight was definitely when I spent over an hour kneeling on the floor in front of my Aunt with my hands pressed against her 7 month pregnant belly, feeling the baby doing somersaults or something
                            Ha frangipanis are my sis' fave flower too

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                            I hope everyone had a nice day.
                            I had fabulous fresh salmon, marinaded in lemon and white wine with new potatoes and asparagus for lunch, followed by berry terrine with cream.

Some fabulous presents, two sliver necklaces from my Mum, both wonderful, plus Life on Mars 1&2 and Heroes 1, clothes, smellies, random stuff. An embarrassment of riches.
                            Then over to a friend's house, we watched Dr Who Xmas special and drank very fine red wine all evening.

I hope Amanda and family had as good a time; her little girl is at the magical age where it's all sparkly and special and new.

FF
                            Oh they so are, I have a niece round her age (well not biological niece but...) and she is just adorable.
                            Yeah I hope Amanda's Christmas was Awesome.

Originally posted by coffeerox View Post
                            just chiming in randomly to wish you all a merry christmas. Well in terms of presents, all I got was a card and 20 dollars from my mother (nothing from my father he's bitter towards me this year) and that isn't much by itself but it led to something that really made my day and probably turned a bad day into a good one at the end.

I was supposed to meet up with my friend (both of us were having bad days with our families)for Alien vs Predator Requiem, due to bus issues, I never did meet him and thought I was watching it alone but later found out at home that he was sitting in my row, but the opposite side from me (he was at the 1st seat on the left and I was at the last seat on the right).

When I came home, I walked right into another gift and you just have to thank those kind of people that really make an effort to please other people in any way possible. I'm not at liberty to discuss that one into detail but it really made my night. I also watched Celtic Woman: Live at Slane Castle,Ireland on DVD which I bought last december and for those of you are willing to try new things, I highly recommend checking it out. I'm making it a tradition to watch every year (as well as their Christmas Celebration concert DVD when I get it) because I just love the music, I love the group, the performances, everything about it is epic in scope and you will never hear a more beautiful harmony than from these gorgeous ladies. My friend who is into rap and all that stuff complimented them on how wonderful they sound together and wondered what was this random music I found and listen to haha.

Onto Sam/Amanda Tapping, I think that she is wonderful fitting into Stargate Atlantis and probably is the most desired cast member from SG-1 that I wanted to continue seeing. She looks so amazingly hot with her new hairstyle and I'm glad that they let her keep it on Atlantis AND the upcoming movies if anybody's keeping track. I just read the Carmen Argenziano interview and learned a little more about Amanda. I watched the SG-1 behind the scenes, read interviews and such and I from that I thought she was kind, down-to-earth intelligent woman and that little piece I read earlier today reaffirmed what I believed. That to me makes her even hotter in my eyes

Finally, (sorry for wall of text crit and I hope its not a TLDR) I'm still reppin Samcarter the best that anyone ever can on World of Warcraft. I always get people who compliment the name, Sam herself, how hot she is, and how they love the show, even got that from a GM one time. I am still THE ONLY person out of 9 million people that has the best Samcarter character out there and Armory proves this, everyone else isnt max level, doesnt have epic gear, and so on so forth...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...as&n=Samcarter
                            http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3...terenasij3.jpg

and yeah I know her hair isnt the right color, initially I just wanted to create what qualities my dream girl would have, but I couldnt think of a good name that wasnt already taken so I chose my favorite Stargate character. Come Wrath of the Lich King I will change her hairstyle and color to match the real Sam.

That sounds delicious! Mustve been cooked perfectly from the way that you're putting it. I just recently started cooking a month ago and I absolutely love it. Average to Bad food turned into really really good food and with the variety out there in the world theres a lot of new flavors and meals that I'm finding out and enjoying. About 2 days ago I made my first basic risotto w/ pepper and swiss cheese, to go along with oven roasted chicken that put my brother's meal (which he was serving to his guests) to shame. They were eyeballing my food every chance they got lol.

ETA: I snipped the url for a reason. Inline images cannot be wider than 700 pixels and yours is waaayyy too big. Please do not reinstate the img tags unless you make that picture 700 pixels or less wide
                            Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                            well...Christmas really lasts for 12 days and all we celebrate is the first day of Christmas....every day until epiphany is a day of Christmas is you want to celebrate it *g* which I don't think is too bad an idea.

And....I miss boxing day being here in the states...and how Christmas is over after the one day...I wore my Santa hat on boxing day last year and got told repeatedly 'Christmas is over you know' bah!

and welcome coffeerox! get comfy!
                            Ditto to that, and dont worry yes it is normal.....

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Hi Everyone,

Happy Boxing Day (to everyone celebrating)

Are we telling what we got for Christmas? I got some great presents, I got The Void DVD (Amanda is great in it of course ) I got the brain training game for my Nintendo DS, an ipod touch (my Mum is sending it home with my Granddad, Mum lives in Boston, US) I can't wait to get it after New Year

But the present I wanted to tell you all about was this, I got a penguin (Squeeee!) with a label attached saying "Shining Stars official product of the international star registry" Basically I get to name a star! So I wanted, if its OK, to give the star to Samanda I thought we could choose a name together, something that represents us as a group and as fans of Amanda! So what does everyone think? Is it OK to do this together as a Samanda project?

EDIT: Welcome to Samanda coffeerox Couldn't agree more with what you said Amanda too

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            OMG Julia that is the sweetest thing ever, Ohw I love ya.

Originally posted by Über View Post
                            So what is Boxing Day (beyond AD's oh so helpful description) and which countries celebrate it? Oh and are there any particular customs related to it?
                            I Have no idea what it actually is......Weird
                            sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Oh, I love the naming a star thing! Thanks Julia I like Samanda, Tappinator, Grace, and The Wonderful Squishy World of Blue Jello and Cuddles and Licking.

The Shining Star toys were the Christmas promotion at our store this year. I have lost count of the times I said, "oh, do you have anyone the right age for one of these cuties? Because you have spent over $25, they are $14.99 instead of $24.99 and some of the money goes to Cure Kids NZ." I'm surprised at the number of people who said yes and bought one
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
                                Just droping in to wish Samandans A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
                                I've got family coming over shortly with my little almost two year old grandaughter, the christmas tree and our cat are of great interest to her at the moment!
                                Oh wow...you're a grand mama...I never would have thought...cool!!!
                                Originally posted by Bex Calo View Post
                                just dropping in to say merry christmas to all and hopefully next time i check in i shall be doing so from vancouver itself!!!!
                                ((((((hugs to all and amanda))))))))))
                                wish me luck on the long flight on the 27th
                                bex
                                Hey Bex!! I so wanted to catch up before you headed off...by now I would assume you are flying somewhere toward Vancouver...yay!!! Good luck sweetie and I look forward to hearing from you soon!! Yay!!
                                Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                Ark of Truth, the first of the two straight to DVD Films which is due to be released in April. Somebody has pirated it causing Joe Mallozzi to write this in his blog.
                                Quoting Joe Mallozzi....
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ember-23-2007-
                                pirating-pugs-and-postings/
                                "Someone, either out of spite or simple sheer stupidity, stole a copy
                                of the unfinished movie, pirated it, and put it online - essentially
                                putting the future of SG-1 at risk - and there's a good chance this
                                individual will be caught. And when said jerk/idiot/criminal IS
                                caught, here's hoping they receive a good legal ass-kicking."

Here - here!
                                Have lots of fun kids. Be safe and well.
                                (((Samandans)))

Kay aka Mumsey
                                You know when I read that, I kinda felt a little icky in the tummy...I hope that the actions of some mindless twit doesn't affect the chances of future SG1 movies. I'm also wondering what the chances are that they track down those that have downloaded it as well...
                                no kidding. You know, as often as stuff has been leaked, someone has to be narrowing down the list of suspects.

and, chances are, it has to be someone working on the film, an effects house or network exec. It's somoene on the 'inside' so to speak. so they're not only risking criminal charges, but thier careers as well. cause once they've been convicted, i'm sure they'll be black listed
                                I was thinking that too...I hope we don't hear a familiar name being caught out...I'm just gonna wait for the finished and legal version to watch!
                                Originally posted by 1speed4Sam View Post
                                Merry Christmas Samanda
                                from
                                1speed & Coley
                                Oh hey!!...now there's 2 names we haven't seen for a while!! Sorry I missed you guys...hope you had a great Christmas!!
                                Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                                Merry Christmas!!!! Today I got the 2008 Guinness Book of World Records. Amanda and Sanctuary are in there, with a pic and everything!
                                Ooooh...what page???
                                Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                Hi Everyone,
                                Happy Boxing Day (to everyone celebrating)
                                Are we telling what we got for Christmas? I got some great presents, I got The Void DVD (Amanda is great in it of course ) I got the brain training game for my Nintendo DS, an ipod touch (my Mum is sending it home with my Granddad, Mum lives in Boston, US) I can't wait to get it after New Year
                                But the present I wanted to tell you all about was this, I got a penguin (Squeeee!) with a label attached saying "Shining Stars official product of the international star registry" Basically I get to name a star! So I wanted, if its OK, to give the star to Samanda I thought we could choose a name together, something that represents us as a group and as fans of Amanda! So what does everyone think? Is it OK to do this together as a Samanda project?
                                Julia(samcarterrules)
                                (((Julia)))....it's like we all get to share in your christmas present...how absolutely sweet!!!
                                Why not name it Samanda?
                                ok, so folks that want to suggest names, please quote/copy this post, adding your suggestion to the bottom
                                right now we have
                                Samanda
                                Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Amanda
                                SAmanda
                                Amanda
                                Tappinator
                                suse
                                just kidding
                                Tappinatoria?
                                Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                                I was thinking Grace.
                                Personally I like Samanda the best as it symbolizes both Sam and Amanda and all of us really!!
                                I don't think it's creepy to call it Olivia but I would imagine that that would be something that maybe Amanda and Alan would do for Olivia...but I don't think it's creepy at all.
                                I like the idea of Tappinator too...Tappinatoria is kinda a mouth full...but cool just the same.
                                I wouldn't call it Amanda though...as lovely as it sounds I kinda thought the idea was that we maybe call it something we can all relate to in our own special way...something unique and original!
                                I'm not sure about Grace though as it's not really completely clear as to who Grace was representing in that ep...I think it's too vague...I do however love the name Grace.
                                I was thinking maybe we could call it "Julia's Samanda" as it was a gift to Julia who is now sharing it with us...that way it honors Julia, Amanda, Sam and all of us...too much???...too much of a mouth full too??? D'oH!!

Anyhoo...I'm so glad to read that everyone seems to have had a great Christmas...and all being spoiled as well!!
                                My hubby had been teasing me for weeks about what he had got for me and said that I would be really surprised...I asked him if he got me a ticket to AT3 and he said...NO...so I said that I wouldn't be surprised then...I'm so mean!!
                                Anyway, kids got up at 6am...that's the earliest they have ever gotten up on Christmas morning but then again we did have an early night...with dad not being too good we kinda finished up early on Christmas eve...sorry...rambling again...anyhoo...this is what my hubby got me...he got it at Armageddon way back in October and had hidden it where he knew I wouldn't find it...not that I go looking...and I was surprised...hubby got me a picture of Sam Carter...yay...he got me something I love...something he knew would make me totally squee my head off!!!...something I never thought he would get for me...I is so lucky!!
                                and I got a hug and kiss from Santa!!!!!...
                                Spoiler:
                                he came to see the kids at dad and mum's house...I had no idea and was totally surprised when I walked into the living room to see Santa sitting there!!

I also got a dvd camcorder that I still haven't figured out how to use yet...I've been working through from last Saturday til yesterday and then strained my hand at work on Christmas day...but it was a lovely Christmas all the same...hubby got a new home theatre system so now we have surround sound...when I came home from work on Christmas day he and the kids greeted me at the door with a cup of coffee and lead me to the couch and told me to close my eyes...then he turned on the dvd...it was Stargate in surround sound...really awesome!!!
                                Oh and after dinner I'll upload my cards I got thus far...then you can hear my music on low in the background...you should hear it when it's up a bit..woohoo!!
                                Gotta go feed the family...I hope everyone had a happy and safe Christmas!
                                It's so nice to be back online!!
                                Yay!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X