• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    LOL
    yep, we actually have winter this year.

roughly 14 inches of snow on the ground from 3 storms during last week
    In Michigan can get 14 inches in one day. The biggest storm so far this year left 10, though most of it is melted now. But we're supposed to get another 6 either tonight or tomorrow. Mom lives in Northern michigan and she has about 2 feet on the ground (2/3 meter). She gets a lot of "lake effect" snow added in to the regular storms.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

HAVE
      A

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
      And never brought to mind?
      Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
      And auld lang syne!

Chorus.-For auld lang syne, my dear,
      For auld lang syne.
      We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
      For auld lang syne.

See you all next year

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        In Michigan can get 14 inches in one day. The biggest storm so far this year left 10, though most of it is melted now. But we're supposed to get another 6 either tonight or tomorrow. Mom lives in Northern michigan and she has about 2 feet on the ground (2/3 meter). She gets a lot of "lake effect" snow added in to the regular storms.
        Ah could you keep that snow on your side of the border, I don't want any more
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I see there are a bunch of New Year's Marathons on tv. If you were going to have a Sam marathon, what shows would you pick and why?

Some I'd pick would be:

Matter of Time & Red Sky: for Science Sam

Singularity & Rite of Passage: for Sam & Cassie (I just watched Rite of Passage, in fact, and I love the scene where Cassie asks Sam to be there "when it's time." the way Sam says "I promise" is very affecting.

Death Knell & Line in the Sand: for Sam whump So well played by AT, you really "believe" she's injured.

Comment

Fic Update (final chapter) for New Year's Eve. Third part of the series should be posted in 2008.

The Enemy Within

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              I see there are a bunch of New Year's Marathons on tv. If you were going to have a Sam marathon, what shows would you pick and why?

Some I'd pick would be:

Singularity & Rite of Passage: for Sam & Cassie (I just watched Rite of Passage, in fact, and I love the scene where Cassie asks Sam to be there "when it's time." the way Sam says "I promise" is very affecting.

Death Knell & Line in the Sand: for Sam whump So well played by AT, you really "believe" she's injured.
              Excellent choices all

I would add the 'Replicator' episodes. I love Sam and the gang battling the bugs. I'm just beginning to realize how many of the season-ending two-parters deal with Replicators (the bug kind). I haven't checked yet, but I'm wondering if every ending from 3-8 ended with a Replicator battle?

I guess that is my marathon

Comment

Happy New Year!!!
                Have a fun time ringing it in
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Some I'd pick would be:

Good choices there, I'd sure watch them and I'd add a few earlier ones where we get to see Sam take charge like in Hathor and Foothold.
                  -

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR
                    EVERYONE!!!

ALL THE BEST IN 2008!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Ah, that "lake effect" snow--when I lived in Rochester (NY) we got dumped on at least once a year with a foot or so of the white stuff. But the worst time I was in a car on the way to Plattsburgh and before we hit Mexico (yes, NY, home of grandma brown's baked beans) on Lake Ontario it dumped 6 inches on us in less than an hour. We couldn't go anywhere so stayed in town that night and there were 3 feet of snow next morning! Yet when we got 10 miles from town there was only a dusting. THAT is what "lake effect" snow can be!

I LOVE Seattle! And Amanda (AT3, here I come!)

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        wow, sounds like a heck of a day

glad things worked out okay
                        Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                        Ouch...and I thought my day was kinda rough...(((Tittamiire)))...take care and have a safe new years!!
                        Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        (((((Tittamiire)))))

Glad your OK

EDIT: Wow Sky I'm not sure exactly how much 14 inches is (I'm cm and meters gal ) but it sounds like a lot

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        Thanks guys! Thankfully today was a better day...storm had lessened and it was hard work but not dangerous!

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                        Hi to all!!

I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR with some RepliCarter pics

Now thats a stylish way to wish a happy new year...thank you!

Some I'd pick would be:

Ooh good choices! I think I'd pick those ones and also In the Line of Duty, Jolinar's Memories + The Devil You Know, The Tok'Ra and Foothold off the top of my head...though given time to think it'd probably end up being a really long marathon *g*
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                          Fic Update (final chapter) for New Year's Eve. Third part of the series should be posted in 2008.

The Enemy Within
                          Marvelous story, great concept==and looking forward to Trojan Horse. A satisfying tieup to a very suspenseful story. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet. I can only imagine the possibilities with Sam's...

Spoiler:
                          superpowers!

donamac

Comment

Hey all,

Just flying by before I head to bed, just in from a party

HAPPY NEW YEAR SAMANDA!!

I've had an amazing first year with you guys thank for making me feel part of the Samand family

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Ah could you keep that snow on your side of the border, I don't want any more
                              I thought you were in Dallas. Must have my people and locations mixed.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

I thought you were in Dallas. Must have my people and locations mixed.
                                Yep I think you got me mixed up with Kat I think you were forced to find shelter in my area when you were driving back from Toronto.

(or do I have you mixed up with someone else )
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X