Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by photo monkey View Post
    Does anyone know in which episode Amanda ad libbed the line "and I was there" after all the guys had said something important to Hammond- I think it was season 1 or 2
    Sounds like "Thor's Hammer"

Comment

i just watched 'the road not taken' again --

Spoiler:
      i don't think i really 'like' the episode, even though sam was *so* focused in it.

it's just... i don't know what word to use except superficial. i think if they would have chosen 'one' aspect of her time there -like her desperately trying to get home or something- then it would have been a more focused and deep episode.

there's nice scenes through out, but as a whole, i don't think the episode is that great. the fault lies with the writer and director to me.

((()))

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Spoiler:
        i don't think i really 'like' the episode, even though sam was *so* focused in it.

it's just... i don't know what word to use except superficial. i think if they would have chosen 'one' aspect of her time there -like her desperately trying to get home or something- then it would have been a more focused and deep episode.

there's nice scenes through out, but as a whole, i don't think the episode is that great. the fault lies with the writer and director to me.

((()))

sally

Agreed. While I did like the episode it just seemed kinda empty to me.
        Welcome to the Monkey House

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          I wanna say Thor's Chariot.
          Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
          Thanks Guys!

Give me a good excuse to watch both..... not that an excuse is ever needed

Welcome to the Monkey House

Comment

I have my heart set on a little (hah!) project. I'm going to find away to organise a V-day performance of the Vagina Monologues for next year. I have a list of people I need to get on board (student association- women's officer, drama groups, uni women's group). Heh, me writing lists... that shows that I'm serious

The problem is... although I have been involved in nearly every technical aspect of production over the years (performance, sets, props, costumes, backstage, lighting, sound... even stage manager ), I have never been involved in the organisation side of things. So if anyone has any advice on where to start, I would really appreciate it!
            Last edited by NZNeep; 04 May 2007, 01:02 AM.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Any episode with Carter in is a good one.....hey that's almost all of them
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Hey everyone,
                I come bearing fic. And stuff. The first challenge went out on the LJ Sam Carter Gen community.
                I posted a little ficlet. The prompt was Speed. Drug of Choice
                On a personal note-I get the results of the last CT scan tomorrow.

Also-Does anyone else have this problem? I can't hit the apostrophe key without a popup on the bottom of my screen showing a little "Find" box coming up. It happens sometimes here, and when I'm posting replies on LJ. I have Firefox. It comes and goes, first half of this post, it was happening, now it isn't. Frustrating.
                Hey Deejay...thanks for the ficlet...and good luck with the results for tomorrow...we'll be thinking of you!
                I can't say that I have any issues with my little buttons...although PITA does give me grief when I first boot her up...and I don't have firefox...sorry!
                Yeah...that rings a bell...I think it was Thor's Hammer!
                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                Spoiler:
                ((()))

sally
                Hmmm...well, I liked the episode but I'm not sure what to make of the story...
                Spoiler:
                I mean I loved watching Sam but didn't like the way the other Sam was killed but no one seemed too upset...except McKay...and that was just weird...Sam and McKay...ok maybe not too weird but....nope...I think it was weird...and kinda nice how he reacted with her...I didn't like the political side of things...but then again I never like political stories much...I loved the dress...hehehehehe....loved her smile...but then again...Amanda has one of the best smiles ever...and so does mini IIRC!!!
                Hmmm...having thought about it...I liked it..a lot...not that it's my fave ep or anything it was just a nice show to watch...IMHO anyway!! Maybe I should watch it again...oh but wait...I can't coz we aussies won't get it for a long time yet...D'oH!!!

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                I have my heart set on a little (hah!) project. I'm going to find away to organise a V-day performance of the Vagina Monologues for next year. I have a list of people I need to get on board (student association- women's officer, drama groups, uni women's group, local actors- maybe female members of parliament?...). Heh, me writing lists... that shows that I'm serious

The problem is... although I have been involved in nearly every technical aspect of production over the years (performance, sets, props, costumes, backstage, lighting, sound... even stage manager ), I have never been involved in the organisation side of things. So if anyone has any advice on where to start, I would really appreciate it!
                I would suggest finding out if there's already a V-Day organisation in NZ and contact them..we have one here in Australia so I'm going to get in contact with them and sus it all out!!

Ok...so this is OT but I just got my photos sorted out...well almost and had this one from our camping trip at easter...3 of my little nieces thought it would be fun to decorate themselves with natures best...they kinda reminded me of the Nox...

This is Charli, (aka Charles to her auntie chelle!)Tianna (aka T to her auntie chelle!) and Jasmine (aka Jaz to her auntie chelle!!)...they have bits of something in thier hair...even Niki and Tom thought they looked like the Nox!!

So...I'm off til tomorrow or Sunday or whenever I can boot PITA up...so take care everyone, be safe, stay happy and hug your loved ones!!

(((Samanda)))

Oh and Eve...check your LJ...huggles schnooky!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I posted a little ficlet. The prompt was Speed. Drug of Choice
                  I just finished reading that fic Deejay...that was brilliant ...it definitely needs to be extended though...OMG...I can almost picture thier faces!!...you all have to read it...it's funny!!
                  Night night again...it's sooo quiet here...I could almost go to sleep now except that I think the kids might want some dinner some time tonight!!
                  Night all!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    I can't believe I didn't know about this game...Cause otherwise it would have gotten Sam/Janet...Cause I love them Especially after I watched Rites of Passages earlier today I so love that ep...
                    Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    How come Sam/Janet didn't even make it there anyway?? Weird!!! Next time then hey Eve!!!
                    Get over there and post Sam/Janet pic votes then! No need to wait
                    scarimor

Comment

Hey all.

I'm just popping in quickly to share a Sanctuary wall I just finished. I will be back later though.

I also have some variations of it here if anyone wants to see them. But I think this one is the best
                      Last edited by Spacegirlnz; 04 May 2007, 04:39 PM.
                      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                      My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Nyah nyah! I got it first!

Unless... you're not cheating on me are you Space?
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Me? Nevah! Marian saw the incomplete version over my shoulder, but other than Not-A-Puppy/Pup/Schrödinger you were the first to see the complete version.
                          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Yay! And his name is still Pup. I will always call him Pup, anyway.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                              Get over there and post Sam/Janet pic votes then! No need to wait
                              I don't have any Sam/Janet pics....actually...I might have one...but I don't play games...much....thanks scari!
                              Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                              Hey all.
                              I'm just popping in quickly to share a Sanctuary wall I just finished. I will be back later though.

I also have some variations of it here if anyone wants to see them. But I think this one is the best
                              Nice...I likey a lot!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

I would suggest finding out if there's already a V-Day organisation in NZ and contact them..we have one here in Australia so I'm going to get in contact with them and sus it all out!!
                                Oh, I missed this!

I have checked and there is none. But the website has some pretty clear guidelines.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X