Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    well, it's what the boys were teasing her about. under the spoiler tags for those that don't wnat to read

being a 'finisher'
    Spoiler:
    ok, sometimes during coitus, well sometimes the guy just can't get 'done' during the act - ie he can't orgasm during the normal mechanics...so sometimes he needs a little helping hand to....finish.

thus the term 'finisher'

and yeah, if i was amanda i'd have smacked chris and michael upside the head

now how it came up in the conversation, they talked about how amanda often had the last scenes of the day schedule wise cause tehy knew that she could get them finished on time...ie she'd know her lines and be able to knock out here scenes in short order and everyone could get home on time.
    Thank you Sky for the clarification...all I can say is...OMG...that would have been a great con to be at....I guess any con with Amanda would be great!
    Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    She really *was* bowled over, and so thrilled that everyone came to see the show. During the second performance on Sunday, a couple of people sent some really special little gifts backstage for her. I only know that because I was sitting there at that moment - when those came in from the bouncers. They handed her each gift and she leaned right into me (a couple of the other actresses were also chatting with us at the time) and she said: "Oh my god, how cool is this?!" and showed us all the great and really funny messages on one of them (it was a Ralph Wiggum book about "wisdom", I think, if I recall? I'm sorry if I got that wrong, but there were messages all over it and it was VERY fun and funny). There was a beautiful CD with lullabys on it. She really loves everyone here, she just lights up when she talks about how great and wonderful her fans are. I cannot speak for her, of course, but I saw how moved she was by every fan who showed up. And (being one, myself *ahem*), I couldn't help having a little moment of fangirl frustration with her when she debated vehemently with me that she was only a "reflection" of how awesome the people around her are. They are, of course, but so is she all on her own. The lady is classy. She keeps it real. She's grace, incarnate. So professional, so considerate, so funny! (and she gives amazing hugs!) Actually every lovely woman in the cast gives AMAZING hugs. I joked at one point that I was going to take one of the gals home with me because she was so great at hugging (I love hugs). Send me hugs in the mail, please, I'll take 'em any way I can get them. LOL. Starrgazer will attest, we had a blessed and beautiful experience together, everyone.

Hugs,
    geek
    (((mini)))...can't hug you for real so this will have to suffice...your post is brilliant...as usual...thank you!
    Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
    I went searching for an old, old post because of the friendships found and strengthened here (as tagger mentioned earlier) and the moments shared between Amanda and her fans ...

Reprise: A Salute to the Thread
    (originally posted on its first-year anniversary)

Many fans have come and gone
    And yet the SaGC thread goes on
    It seems to have a life of its own
    Through ups and downs, the posts have grown

No matter who or where we are
    Some so near, some so far
    Samanda is our happy place
    To honor Sam/AT, full of grace

Other fans may think us mad
    A Royal Court? An imaginary land?
    Perhaps they don’t really understand
    Why admiring Sam produced something so grand

Over 65,000 replies of fun and mirth
    In discussing Sam Carter’s worth
    It started as a single simple post
    From MajorSal, our inquiring host

She touched a nerve and we resonated
    To the fair heroine who had Stargated
    Into our homes and our mundane lives
    Bringing female power alive

Sam was what we wanted to be
    Brilliant, gutsy, and so on key
    She could handle anything in stride
    She was just as capable as the guys

As the seasons waxed and waned
    Sam Carter grew and we exclaimed
    “Of Sam Carter, we’ll never tire
    She models, motivates and inspires”

Yes, she’s had her moments of despair
    Times we thought the script needed repair
    But through it all the core was true
    Sam Carter was a winner too

Her face and figure left its mark
    But something more, that inner spark
    Is what drew us here to talk of her
    A reality-based well-acted character

Amanda Tapping kept her engaging
    All the while her own life changing
    From young ingénue to solid lead
    Even marrying motherhood to career, indeed!

And so we watch and always wait
    For Sam Carter to travel through the Gate
    Here we post and sometimes falter
    But always expect the best for Carter!

A simple toast to SaGCT, may ever it strive
    To keep the role of Sam Carter front page and alive
    Now is the time to raise a glass and give a loud cheer
    Sam Carter rocks, each and every year!

Thank you for re posting this CG...(((CG)))
    Originally posted by Snarky25 View Post
    thanks for the summary!

and i have to say that this quote

"I know for a fact that Carter is going to put Shep in a pie and eat him."
    ~ scarimor, on Carter being on Atlantis
    from dancer of spaz's sig had me laughing for a good few minutes! LOL
    OMG..LOL...hahahahaha...never noticed that before...that's brilliant!
    Originally posted by Famantha View Post
    Ok, here is what I wrote yesterday evening when I got back home, about the week end in Toronto.

Just remember that I'm an emotional little thing and that I didn't really think, just wrote

can I call this a report ?

*runs off shyly*
    (((Famantha)))...thank you for sharing that wonderful report...of course I am insanely jealous of all you wonderful Samandans but happy that you guys cheered loudly for Amanda...if only we could all see her performance...oh well...at least you all had fun!
    Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
    Thankyou for shareing your weekend with us, Amanda gives out so much of herself and it's so lovely to hear all of her fans thoughts when they meet her.
    I'm hopeing one day to be able to meet her, maybe ATS
    I keep reminding my hubby that he said I could go to AT4...I know it hasn't been planned yet but I'm saving already...I just can't wait to meet the Samandans and shippers that will be there...of course I can't wait to meet Amanda too...I think I'm gonna work up the courage and write to her before then...if I can think of what to say..
    Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    Totally OT
    Spoiler:

How strange that our children can be taught about sexual intercourse in public schools. They can be taught about birth control and how to use a condom, and yet they aren't allowed to say the word vagina? Seems a bit backwards if you ask me.

Girls Suspended
    How ridiculous is that??!!...If that were my daughter I'd be applauding her...arghhh!!

So I'm watching the audio commentaries on Evolution pt2 with Amanda and PDL chatting away...she's soooo cool...and I'm holding my hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing loudly...as I tend to do...coz it's like 12.30am...but those 2 are just so funny to listen to.
    Anyhoo...thank you all again for the great posts today.
    Night night folks...take care, be safe and stay happy...hug your loved ones....
    (((Samanda)))
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

anyone in the mood for a giggle?

http://moonshayde.livejournal.com/318121.html#cutid1

very cute little sam/teal'c friendship fic

and the mental images?????

priceless!!!
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        anyone in the mood for a giggle?

http://moonshayde.livejournal.com/318121.html#cutid1

very cute little sam/teal'c friendship fic

and the mental images?????

priceless!!!
        Yeah...I'm up for a giggle before bed...thanks Sky!
        Night night!!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I don't know if you still check out this thread, so if you do,

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
            HAPPY B-DAY LIDA!!!!

and happy B-day to everyone else in the next couple of days...I am going for a few days to the seaside, in the meantime everyone keep the posts up and take care everyone

(((((Samandans)))))

Comment

Can someone please send me the link to the Samanda Story thread? I've been having a difficult time trying to determine where it's located.

Thanks in advance,
              Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                Can someone please send me the link to the Samanda Story thread? I've been having a difficult time trying to determine where it's located.

Thanks in advance,
                Kat
                If you want the Gateworld discussion thread, it's here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39180

If you want the actual story, here's a link to the first fork, then you can continue from there http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...d.php?t=2&i=32

NC

Comment

Hey it's me again! Wanna say that I've been lurking a lot here since Saterday. "Why wasn't I there with you girls at TVM!" OK as a guy I'll always wanted to see the play. I think I saw somethin' similiar in a Friends episode (the one where Joey reserved tickets for all his friends, they weren't allow to go at his secret party, and Chandler went to see a play......poor chandler LOL) But I'm glad he enjoyed it the 2nd time!

And one of the best events of your life or month! Havin' a nice chat with Amanda herself Live!

Starrgazer and Mini, since I wasn't present there only thing I can say: you family of Amanda cause it was a perfomance!

MajorSal, you said something about havin' a "transcript"? of the things Amanda was gonna say during her perfomace? Incase you have it, or can remember bits and pieces of it, can you send it in a PM to me plz plz plz? So I can maybe expierence micro fractions of all the fun ya had. Of course y'all had mega fractions of fun lol

PS Don't worry RC'tje I'll "babysit" on the Samandans for a while. No seriously, we're all grown up (or almost grown up women, or men) but when we see pics or vids or talk with/about Amanda, we're all as happy as like a toddler gettin a new toy or ice cream LOL

Daivy

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    HAPPY B-DAY LIDA!!!!

and happy B-day to everyone else in the next couple of days...I am going for a few days to the seaside, in the meantime everyone keep the posts up and take care everyone

(((((Samandans)))))
                    Happy Birthday Lida and have a good time at the seashore Eve!

Comment

I've put a transcript up for the Slice of SciFi interview with Amanda Tapping and Damian Kindler over in the Sanctuary thread. If anyone wants to read it then just follow the link
                      Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
                        Ok, here is what I wrote yesterday evening when I got back home, about the week end in Toronto.

Just remember that I'm an emotional little thing and that I didn't really think, just wrote

can I call this a report ?

*runs off shyly*
                        Very cool! And hey, I didn't realize you had an LJ! I shall have to friend you once I'm home.
                        Pixie's Haven

Comment

slightly OT - ok a lot ot, but isnt' this the cutest kid ever???

http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver...c/000cw62a/g27

the last pic of my niecelet is from last friday. it's a little big, sorry, i didn't size it down

sigpic

Comment

Here's a cast photo from Sunday night...sorry its the best my camera could do

unfortunately starrgazer wasn't in view from where I was sitting.

thanks mini for editing the size
                            Last edited by Mandysg1; 07 March 2007, 09:58 AM. Reason: because size matters :D
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i recognize MG in there

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
                                HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIDA!!!
                                Hope you have a lovely day
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X