No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so excited--the Sanctuary teaser is viewable on my computer (though it took a while to load)--so I'm hopeful I'll be able to watch the show. Loved the all too brief shots of AT. Teaser indeed.

To those newer to Samanda --are we really intimidating? I hope not. I think as long as you like Sam and Amanda you're welcome here. We started the joking about Royal jobs a long time ago, but I don't think it's about exclusivity. I mean, *I* got a posting. And I think there might be room in the Samanda palace staff. Goodness knows we can use more than one
    wrangler. (I can't remember when we started the Royal Aviary, but these darn emus seem to be the only ones who will pose for me. ) We haven't "hired" anyone in a while. What say you old timers on the thread?

As for running out of things to say about Sam: It is harder when there are no new episodes, but I don't mind rehashing favorite moments. Such as that great Sam line in the episode I caught today: "Sir, your wound is getting all over my lab."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      yes, i saw it!

i wasn't sure if i should post it here, though, because of everyone's differing feelings on wanting to hear about it. i'm getting confused.

and sky, do we have ONE santuary discussion thread yet?

http://www.stage3media.com/Productions.html

check out the above site: it has a pic of helen that looks kick-butty.
      sally
      Hey!!!!! What the frack happened to
      Spoiler:
      Amanda being listed as an EP!!!!

<<<<Pouts>>>

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
        So ppl who joined the team, what did you right on the email?

i'm hesitating on answering, because i'm lost on what our parameters are on this thread now.

but i'll answer...

i made it short and sweet and said 'i'm sooo excited about santuary! (yay, amanda tapping!!!!!!!!)

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
          Ohhhhhhh!!!

*stares into space*

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...

*stares some more*

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

*brain goes crazy*
          I liked that one but I really like the one from the teaser - blonde, victorian dress and a gun.

Thumbnail, click for larger

-

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            Spoiler:

<<<<Pouts>>>

suse

Do you mean where did the listing go or something??
            http://www.stage3media.com/Newspress.html
            It says right there...

i'm hesitating on answering, because i'm lost on what our parameters are on this thread now.

but i'll answer...

i made it short and sweet and said 'i'm sooo excited about santuary! (yay, amanda tapping!!!!!!!!)

sally
            I was figuring on saying pretty much the same thing...

*wanders off to join*
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Spoiler:

<<<<Pouts>>>

suse
              That was my initial respose but when I reread it the phrasing made sense.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                I have to agree with you on this one Sally...I don't think we are an easy thread to jump in... Ok you can jump in and say hey but to really stick here is really hard IMO...I really also feel like there is a 'gang' here and honestly I think that is normal...But for new members it is hard to fit in...I think that is why we loose a lot of newbies. Cause they feel ignored or left out. I mean of course SaGC has a great history and we have the tittles and all but for newber members they don't get it.
                And i think that is also a lot with the OTness of this thread...I mean a lot of the OTness are inside jokes and for newbies to jump in it is hard...
                I still call myself a newbie...even if I am here already 6 months or more...just cause I don't feel like this is my home...I really sometimes have issues posting here... But I think I just want to stick here cause I admire Amanda and in the end that is important!
                But I think it would be so much more fun if we could be a family like Sam and Jack thread now is...I know when I recently joined Sam and Jack was much like this thread...hard to fit in...And I don't know what changed it but now I really feel like we are a family over there...I just hope we could be too...that would be so amazing
                And sorry if I offend anyone with this post...this really isn't my intention but I just think we should make an effort in enjoying Amanda and her fans...Cause I know some of you and you are all really amazing people!!!!
                (((eve)))

i know that was hard for you to write. it's not always easy saying what you're afraid will upset someone(s).

i think if we take some ideas and take some votes, we'll find a happy medium for everyone.

adding in santuary talk IS going off the topic *of this thread*, but we have so little to talk about now that i don't know what we should do.

we could keep this the 'sam's a great character thread', and create an 'amanda ~and her roles~ appreciation/discussion thread' too?...

and what about us inviting some others from around the forum to come in here and discuss sam?

what say you?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  To those newer to Samanda --are we really intimidating? I hope not. I think as long as you like Sam and Amanda you're welcome here. We started the joking about Royal jobs a long time ago, but I don't think it's about exclusivity. I mean, *I* got a posting. And I think there might be room in the Samanda palace staff.
                  I'm glad you brought that up jckfan. I was wondering the exact same thing, but I do think that people know about Samandans (or Demandans, depending on where you hang), so the fact that our reputation precedes us could be a bit intimidating.

However, like jckfan said, there aren't any requirements, or sacrifices... Except on the last Thursday of every month... And, ya know, there's only a one-time dues fee of $15.00, and if you convert bring a friend, the fee is cut in half.

No, seriously, I'd hate to think that people are remaining in lurkerville because we're intimidating. I know there was a period of time when Cam and Vala fans perhaps didn't feel very welcome here, but I think that's passed. Bottom line, if you dig Amanda Tapping or Sam Carter, there's a place for you.

Really, we're just a bunch of goofballs. OK, I'm a goofball... But you get the picture.

ETA: That really is a cool banner, Ooobs! I needed the link!

Comment

Spoiler:

<<<<Pouts>>>

suse
                    okay, i noticed that too.

Spoiler:
                    i hope it's just a... i don't know. but she IS an exec producer.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

my thoughts on this...

this thread was started as a 'sam appreciation' thread basically, with a side dose of amanda. and when the thread was new, and we not only had eps to discuss in detail, we were also *happy* and didn't see an end to our discussing or enthusiasm. but like you said, season 9 really, REALLY put a damper on our enthusiasm. and by season 9, we'd discussed seasons 1-8 in complete detail.

where i wish this thread could go is to bring in new ppl, to keep the integrity of the topic of this thread alive. if it wasn't for the influx of new shippers in the s/j shipper thread... that thread would have probably died away. the older shippers were so disillusioned after nothing really happened after season 8, that most of them just left (and not just the thread). but new ppl came in and started talking about -what for me- was the same topics that i'd already talked about. BUT, 'they' kept the shipper thread alive... this is what i wish would happen here.

i also don't always feel we're an easily accessible thread, so newbies coming in might feel out of place, or feel they can't/don't want to join in because we might feel too much like a 'clique'. while our samanda kingdom and certain members having titles is fun for us, it might come off very intimidating for new ppl. (this is something that happened on the shipper thread a couple or so years ago)

what i'm saying is, this thread has already fallen into a different place, and one part of me feels the 'real' essence of the thread has been lost. just because 'we' can't find new things to talk about concerning 'sam' doesn't mean that others shouldn't be able to come in here and discuss the character.

we could rename this thread, 'sam/amanda appreciation thread', or 'samanda', or just keep it the same and start another thread with either one of those names and keep this thread for what it was intended: 'sam' discussions, with a side dose of amanda.

~BUT... look how excited we all were with amanda's new show. i saw something new about it just today (i'll post about it if no one else does)... but if i do post on it, then i, myself, am not following what this thread is supposed to be about.~

but i'd still LOVE to see some new ppl come in here and have a chance to discuss sam's rich and wonderful history - even if we, ourselves, have been down that road and can't really find anything new to add.

well, reading through what i just wrote once again shows me that i'm all mixed up!

sally
                      Hmm, I wasn't trying to imply that people shouldn't be able to chat about Sam if they so desired. I was only stating that for me personally, there isn't much interest left in discussing the same things over and over. It's nothing personal, I just have a hard time doing anything repetitively. The fact that I've even watched my SG-1 dvds more than once has my husband in awe.

But since you are the thread starter and it seems as if I've misunderstood the thread topic, I think I'll take my discussion over to the Sanctuary thread and the AT appreciation thread should one be created and I'll check back here in July/August when we start to get new information regarding Sam.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        I'm so excited--the Sanctuary teaser is viewable on my computer (though it took a while to load)--so I'm hopeful I'll be able to watch the show. Loved the all too brief shots of AT. Teaser indeed.

To those newer to Samanda --are we really intimidating? I hope not. I think as long as you like Sam and Amanda you're welcome here. We started the joking about Royal jobs a long time ago, but I don't think it's about exclusivity. I mean, *I* got a posting. And I think there might be room in the Samanda palace staff. Goodness knows we can use more than one
                        wrangler. (I can't remember when we started the Royal Aviary, but these darn emus seem to be the only ones who will pose for me. ) We haven't "hired" anyone in a while. What say you old timers on the thread?

As for running out of things to say about Sam: It is harder when there are no new episodes, but I don't mind rehashing favorite moments. Such as that great Sam line in the episode I caught today: "Sir, your wound is getting all over my lab."
                        Anyone who knows me knows that I have a very strong kneejerk reaction to the whole elitist/exclusivity way of thinking.

The fun thing about Samanda is that it kinda mocks the elitist/I'm-the-bestest-fan/exclusivity mindset predominant in many fandoms by its very existence. Why? Because we're ALL the best fans. No one is more important than anyone else. The very fact that asking to be a part of the "club" qualifies you to be a "member" of the club, kinda goes to prove this.

Regardless of who's connected to whom or whatever, I see you all the same way...just a bunch of fellow goofballs who enjoy a fantastic actress and a brilliant character.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

yes, i saw it!

i wasn't sure if i should post it here, though, because of everyone's differing feelings on wanting to hear about it. i'm getting confused.

and sky, do we have ONE santuary discussion thread yet?

http://www.stage3media.com/Productions.html

check out the above site: it has a pic of helen that looks kick-butty.

i
                          sally
                          Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                          It says right there...

*wanders off to join*

Huh. She's not listed as an EP in the release with the pics. Well, at least she is elsewhere.

I'm not so sure about this series. Some of
                          Spoiler:
                          those creatures... <<shudder>>

suse who FINALLY figured out multiquote. Duh.
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                            Anyone who knows me knows that I have a very strong kneejerk reaction to the whole elitist/exclusivity way of thinking.

The fun thing about Samanda is that it kinda mocks the elitist/I'm-the-bestest-fan/exclusivity mindset predominant in many fandoms by its very existence. Why? Because we're ALL the best fans. No one is more important than anyone else. The very fact that asking to be a part of the "club" qualifies you to be a "member" of the club, kinda goes to prove this.

Regardless of who's connected to whom or whatever, I see you all the same way...just a bunch of fellow goofballs who enjoy a fantastic actress and a brilliant character.

((((((((((OOOOOOBER-Goofball)))))))))

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              I have to agree with you on this one Sally...I don't think we are an easy thread to jump in... Ok you can jump in and say hey but to really stick here is really hard IMO...I really also feel like there is a 'gang' here and honestly I think that is normal...But for new members it is hard to fit in...I think that is why we loose a lot of newbies. Cause they feel ignored or left out. I mean of course SaGC has a great history and we have the tittles and all but for newber members they don't get it.
                              And i think that is also a lot with the OTness of this thread...I mean a lot of the OTness are inside jokes and for newbies to jump in it is hard...
                              I still call myself a newbie...even if I am here already 6 months or more...just cause I don't feel like this is my home...I really sometimes have issues posting here... But I think I just want to stick here cause I admire Amanda and in the end that is important!
                              But I think it would be so much more fun if we could be a family like Sam and Jack thread now is...I know when I recently joined Sam and Jack was much like this thread...hard to fit in...And I don't know what changed it but now I really feel like we are a family over there...I just hope we could be too...that would be so amazing
                              And sorry if I offend anyone with this post...this really isn't my intention but I just think we should make an effort in enjoying Amanda and her fans...Cause I know some of you and you are all really amazing people!!!!
                              I have to agree with you on this Eve sometimes I to am very nervous about posting in Samanda because I don't always feel as I belong and being a newbie is difficult enough without feeling unwanted by "oldies" I'm sure no "oldie" does this on purpose and I to don't say this to upset anyone just hoping that if we say how we are sometimes left feeling then we as a whole group can try to change this

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                                It says right there...
                                thanks, ms!

i didn't see it listed on the other page.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X