Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Thanks for the info tsax Oh and I love kick-ass soldier Sam in the Hathor episode, it may not be one of the best they've written (according to some) but it sure was fun to watch
    that's my fave part about it, girl power. the oh so ignored ladies save the day while the boys are thinking with their, ahem, sidearms.

lovely poetic justice
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      RE: Sanctuary
      Spoiler:
      I assume Emilie Ullerup is that blonde chick who's playing Amanda's daughter? And she was in Battlestar Galactica? I checked IMDB, and I have a feeling she played Kasey's mum (that kid who Starbuck thought was her daughter). And sif the game executive used to/still does work for Electronic Arts :| EA are like the most 'hated' games publisher around lol (kinda like how 'everyone hates' Microsoft )

However, that pic of Amanda in the leather jacket and teh dark hair and teh pistol is teh hawt :drool:
      Boy I'm glad I didn't make any bets, I was sure scari was going to be the first to comment on that
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        For some reason Emma Peel popped into my head with that AT photo.
        It's the long dark hair and the BLACK LEATHER!! How cool to know that Dr. Helen doesn't just wear a white lab coat and she packs a rod! This is getting better by the minute.
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 12 February 2007, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
          No...no...you're thinking of Samanda.

Samanada however means something else entirely. Samanada is the name for the poor people of Samanda.

You see...some Samandans have something, and some like me have little to nothing, or nada. Thus, we are the Samandan Samanadas.

ROTFLMAO ... this is terrific, Oobs! I guess we should also say "Hola Hannah" instead of "Holy Hannah" too.

Switching gears, I just listened to the music at the Sanctuary website. If the writing keeps pace with the musical score, then we're in for some serious melodrama and suspense. Very, very interesting .............

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
            ROTFLMAO ... this is terrific, Oobs! I guess we should also say "Hola Hannah" instead of "Holy Hannah" too.

Switching gears, I just listened to the music at the Sanctuary website. If the writing keeps pace with the musical score, then we're in for some serious melodrama and suspense. Very, very interesting .............
            Indeed.

And of course, once we get to know her Sanctuary character better, I can only imagine what kind of cool crossover fanfics we'll see.

BTW...what do you all think of the banner I made for the chat coming up this Friday?

If you click on it, it'll take you right to the AT Fans site too.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hi Guys,

First off: A belated Happy Birthday Sky!! hope you had a great day

Second Tracy Jane I loved your baptism vid, looks like it was a great moment, congrats

A few pages back someone(sorry can't remember who) mentioned a Sanctuary Thread well I'm being slow and can't find it could someone post the link or just point me in the right direction Thanks.
              I also think the easiest way to discuss things like Sanctuary in Samanda is fine when talked about generally and if we want to discuss any specific details then use spoilers so that people can choose if they want to read, just as we're doing with SG...

As for what's discussed in Samanda I feel that to discourage some discussion would change the feel of the thread I enjoy coming here because I feel comfortable discussing anything to do with Amanda as an actress and Sam as a character, I know we all love Sam and I think we will always discuss her because she is an amazing character and important to us all but Sam only is who is because of the wonderful actress Amanda is, I think we're discussing Amanda more right now because of all the exciting things that Amanda is doing but I'm sure when season 4 of Atlantis airs(sp?) on T.V there will be lots of Sam talk in Samanda
              This one thing that makes Samanda unique and special is that every opinion voiced is respected and listened too and to keep it this way we need to keep to keep the chat free flowing as possible. Please remember this is just MO and not meant to offend or upset anyone, and I'm very proud to call myself a Samanda!!

((((((((Samanda family))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                Sadly, I disagree. One of the reasons I've enjoyed this thread is because it's always been more than just a discussion about Sam. As much as I enjoy the character of Sam Carter, she is really just a fictious character to me and after awhile I find myself tiring of the discussions. I mean how many times can you really discuss a particular aspect of a character before it starts to loose some excitement/interest. Part of what I enjoy about this thread is that we are allowed to show our admiration for the actress as well as discuss anything and everything that she may be involved in, even if it does not pertain to Sam Carter specifically. I seriously doubt I'd have stuck around if I had to read a Sam Carter discussion thread, a Amanda Tapping discussion thread, and a Amanda Tapping thunk thread.

Honestly, I had hoped that the thread name would have been changed a long time ago to incorporate the idea that this was not just a thread about Sam Carter the character, but rather a place to discuss everything pertaining to Amanda. I think one of the reasons other threads that discuss Amanda or thunk Amanda/Sam have never really taken off is because from its conception we have always admired both Sam and Amanda on this thread.

To be perfectly honest, if we had not been allowed to discuss other topics besides Sam during S9, I probably would have stopped reading this thread completely, because it was a very dismal year for Sam and rather depressing place for a fan. IMO, it was only the discussion about AT1 and Shore Leave and the other things that Amanda was involved in that year that kept me coming back. So while I understand your opinion, I have to say I disagree with it. However, if the concensus is that we should not discuss anything other than Sam on this thread then I shall abide by those rules. I just may not participate as often.

my thoughts on this...

this thread was started as a 'sam appreciation' thread basically, with a side dose of amanda. and when the thread was new, and we not only had eps to discuss in detail, we were also *happy* and didn't see an end to our discussing or enthusiasm. but like you said, season 9 really, REALLY put a damper on our enthusiasm. and by season 9, we'd discussed seasons 1-8 in complete detail.

where i wish this thread could go is to bring in new ppl, to keep the integrity of the topic of this thread alive. if it wasn't for the influx of new shippers in the s/j shipper thread... that thread would have probably died away. the older shippers were so disillusioned after nothing really happened after season 8, that most of them just left (and not just the thread). but new ppl came in and started talking about -what for me- was the same topics that i'd already talked about. BUT, 'they' kept the shipper thread alive... this is what i wish would happen here.

i also don't always feel we're an easily accessible thread, so newbies coming in might feel out of place, or feel they can't/don't want to join in because we might feel too much like a 'clique'. while our samanda kingdom and certain members having titles is fun for us, it might come off very intimidating for new ppl. (this is something that happened on the shipper thread a couple or so years ago)

what i'm saying is, this thread has already fallen into a different place, and one part of me feels the 'real' essence of the thread has been lost. just because 'we' can't find new things to talk about concerning 'sam' doesn't mean that others shouldn't be able to come in here and discuss the character.

we could rename this thread, 'sam/amanda appreciation thread', or 'samanda', or just keep it the same and start another thread with either one of those names and keep this thread for what it was intended: 'sam' discussions, with a side dose of amanda.

~BUT... look how excited we all were with amanda's new show. i saw something new about it just today (i'll post about it if no one else does)... but if i do post on it, then i, myself, am not following what this thread is supposed to be about.~

but i'd still LOVE to see some new ppl come in here and have a chance to discuss sam's rich and wonderful history - even if we, ourselves, have been down that road and can't really find anything new to add.

well, reading through what i just wrote once again shows me that i'm all mixed up!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i also don't always feel we're an easily accessible thread, so newbies coming in might feel out of place, or feel they can't/don't want to join in because we might feel too much like a 'clique'. while our samanda kingdom and certain members having titles is fun for us, it might come off very intimidating for new ppl. (this is something that happened on the shipper thread a couple or so years ago)
                  New Person (on this thread anyway)

And I have to say I did find it intimidating but it's my style to generally stick with it, and although i don't feel I have a place yet... I'll make you let me in

But, I'm not like everyone and it isn't easy to come in. And I was originally one of thise shippers that kinda fell into the woodwork around S8 so... and of course, RL gets in the way and I think RL also enriches our experiences on this forum, which is a good thing but it helps to move the conversation along and it also changes our perspective on the character of Sam and the way we see Amanda and her other roles.

I know that deep down, as a group, we wouldn't want that kind of individuality and progress to change, would we?

Wendy
                  Hugs
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

So ppl who joined the team, what did you right on the email?

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
                      I know I'm sorry!
                      I was just so excited that it works, and I didn't see it anywhere on this thread so I figured no one knew yet. So I screamed from the top of my lungs... did you hear me!? that's how excited I was.
                      Oh and the music kinda reminds me of the music from Evanescence. real gothic and all.

yes, i saw it!

i wasn't sure if i should post it here, though, because of everyone's differing feelings on wanting to hear about it. i'm getting confused.

and sky, do we have ONE santuary discussion thread yet?

http://www.stage3media.com/Productions.html

check out the above site: it has a pic of helen that looks kick-butty.

i am soooooooo much more excited by santuary than i am by amanda/sam going to atlantis. the ptb behind stargate have been in creative trouble for quite some time, but not with santuary! and helen is suuuuuuper coooool already! (you should have seen my reaction when i had some new santuary stuff to look at. i was bouncing off my seat. )

guys, can we or can't we discuss what i just discussed in this thread? should this have went to the ONE (hopefully) santuary thread?

on sam in atlantis, though... i'm afraid sam's journey won't exactly go in the direction *i* want it to go, so that gives me some edgy feeings. i think we'll see sam/leader and sam/scientist/soldier, (which is GREAT), but not sam/jack. that storyline reeeeeeeeeeaaaaallly needs to be tied up. (hopes for movies at least)

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        I thought it was great (your post and your excitement!). And the music is very gothic with a bit of a Celtic flavour thrown in. Very dark and mysterious.

to show you how caught up i was in seeing amanda/helen, i didn't even notice the music. didn't even notice there 'was' music!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                          RE: Sanctuary...

Spoiler:
                          However, that pic of Amanda in the leather jacket and teh dark hair and teh pistol is teh hawt :drool:
                          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Boy I'm glad I didn't make any bets, I was sure scari was going to be the first to comment on that
                          Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                          It's the long dark hair and the BLACK LEATHER!! How cool to know that Dr. Helen doesn't just wear a white lab coat and she packs a rod! This is getting better by the minute.
                          Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          And of course, once we get to know her Sanctuary character better, I can only imagine what kind of cool crossover fanfics we'll see.
                          Ohhhhhhh!!!

*stares into space*

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...

*stares some more*

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

*brain goes crazy*
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
                            The first thing I did was to join the team!!
                            No idea what to expect though..... oh well I gues we'll see right?
                            I want to participate eitherway, I'm very excited about that.
                            Did you guys join??

i just joined!

and i finally listened to the music. it 'does' sound like xena, and the guy that did that was Joseph LoDuca. i sooo hope he's doing the music for santuary! (i've got all the xena cds )

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeh what did you ppl say when joining the team????

I am SOOO STOKED on that pic!!!!!!!!! Ditto to all of you ppl who have been drooling and freakin' out and SO EXCITED!

THAT'S SUUUUCH A COOL PIC!!!!

FREAKIN' OUT!

YAAAAAAAAAYYY

I as well am SOOO much more excited for Sanctuary than I am for Sam in Atlantis... oy...

GO SANCTUARY GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

sally
                                I have to agree with you on this one Sally...I don't think we are an easy thread to jump in... Ok you can jump in and say hey but to really stick here is really hard IMO...I really also feel like there is a 'gang' here and honestly I think that is normal...But for new members it is hard to fit in...I think that is why we loose a lot of newbies. Cause they feel ignored or left out. I mean of course SaGC has a great history and we have the tittles and all but for newber members they don't get it.
                                And i think that is also a lot with the OTness of this thread...I mean a lot of the OTness are inside jokes and for newbies to jump in it is hard...
                                I still call myself a newbie...even if I am here already 6 months or more...just cause I don't feel like this is my home...I really sometimes have issues posting here... But I think I just want to stick here cause I admire Amanda and in the end that is important!
                                But I think it would be so much more fun if we could be a family like Sam and Jack thread now is...I know when I recently joined Sam and Jack was much like this thread...hard to fit in...And I don't know what changed it but now I really feel like we are a family over there...I just hope we could be too...that would be so amazing
                                And sorry if I offend anyone with this post...this really isn't my intention but I just think we should make an effort in enjoying Amanda and her fans...Cause I know some of you and you are all really amazing people!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X