I'm not sure just what I've got
        All I know, it's time to say ...

YO, SKYDIVER, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Comment

NC

Comment

I just watched 'bounty' yet again....

Spoiler:
            and I absolutely adore the way Sam says 'hello' to the bounty hunter. so cute!!! this is defenitely the jack influence.

Happy B-day Skydiver
            : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
            Geeky : Oh brother...
            : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Happy Birthday, Skydiver! I hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration!!

Comment

Hi gang!

Dropping off a vid for you. I forwarn the bears in advance it is a ship one, but I classify it as tongue in cheek and meant for general all round enjoyment. It's to the song "Kiss the Girl" from the Disney film "The Little Mermaid". Relax though, it's not Sebastian the crab singing it
                Linky, if ya wanna watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcVkSiVrrWE
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  well, my personal opinion on spoilers is this

the fact that actor a is gonna be in the show, not a spoiler. it's news. now HOW actor a's character is written in or how character b's character is written out, that's a spoiler.

so, to use atlantis as an example. the fact that rda has guest spots, not a spoiler. what episodes that he's in, not a spoiler. what happens in those episodes, that's a spoiler

Right now, i don't think we have any real spoilerphobes for sanctuary in the thread, so we might not need the tags. but if we have any, then i do invite them toplease speak up so that we can be aware of thier feelings and try to accomodate them.

What we may want to consider is starting a specuation/discussion thread about sanctuary or taking our talk to an existing thread. then we can talk our hearts out about the specifics without spoiling things for folks here

I do thikn we need to follow the majority concensus on this one.
                  From my perspective, once actual content of the show is known all that stuff should go in spoiler tags. For me, I don't want to know what's going to be in the show--storylines etc. before I watch. Speculation based on little to no real info doesn't bother me.

Edit: And a Sanctuary thread would be fine. Would it be a Samanda Sanctuary thread?--kind of an adjunct? Because I know Samandans will want to discuss AT's (great) performances in a friendly environment.
                  my 2 cents,
                  jckfan (spoilerphobe)
                  Last edited by jckfan55; 11 February 2007, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Happy Birthday Sky!

There I got your present, now all we need is the chocolate, and where did you say you wanted the cherry
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      that's just it, you SHOULDN'T have to. you shouldn't have to keep an eye open for every idiot that thinks thier phone call or big mac is more important than the deadly weapon they're steering.

Driviing is not a right, it's a privilege. and something people should treat with respect.

people, when they stick those keys in the ignition, should turn thier full attention to steering the car. just like they should put thier seat belts on. And if they won't do it for themselves, they should do it for thier family members that will grieve them when they die.
                      There was a nasty accident not far from here where a Boy Scout troop leader and all but one of the boys in the van died because the driver was distracted. They are refusing to give more details because they say no parent should have to know that his/her child caused such a horrific crash.

My mom ran a red light with me in the car about six months ago, and I find myself being paranoid at intersections now even though there was no accident when I was with Mom. I was the back car in a pile up on the interstate twenty years ago, and I've been paranoid about following distance ever since. The guy I hit was drunk.

I know I'm not the best driver out there, but I'm not bad at watching out for the idiots. Or maybe I've just been lucky.
                      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        From my perspective, once actual content of the show is known all that stuff should go in spoiler tags. For me, I don't want to know what's going to be in the show--storylines etc. before I watch. Speculation based on little to no real info doesn't bother me.

Edit: And a Sanctuary thread would be fine. Would it be a Samanda Sanctuary thread?--kind of an adjunct? Because I know Samandans will want to discuss AT's (great) performances in a friendly environment.
                        my 2 cents,
                        jckfan (spoilerphobe)
                        Actually I would love a Samanda Sanctuary thread cause I know that it will be all about Amanda and about her acting then and I will feel more comfortable about posting there then in a general Sanctuary thread...Cause I like to avoid negativism as much as possible...and I know if I would go in a general Sanctuary thread I would post different...I would be afraid in a way to post some things... I know this is silly...but that is just how feel about it...
                        But I think it will probably be impossible to make a seperate thread for Sanctuary for Amanda fans I guess...

Comment

To be honest, I prefer the idea of having critique. I don't like over the top gushing and really prefer to be able to discuss and be honest about my own opinions without having to feel "Oh my goodness, I have to be positive all the time". That's really not my style and I find it incredibly false.

On the subject of Sanctuary spoilers, I would consider the following to be spoilerish....

Spoiler:

That Dr Helen Magnus is 157 years old and grew up in Victorian London.
                          That Helen was married to Jack the Ripper.
                          That the two of them had a daughter.
                          That Helen's father was a doctor and that he collected creatures in a Sanctuary.
                          That Alexi (was it Alexis?) was a child caught in the Chernobyl disaster.
                          That Alexi has special "gifts"

And so on. I think there are several people in Samanda who would rather not know ANY of these things until they see the show. I know we all have different ideas of what spoilers are, but I think that it's only fair to add the tags.

That's just my view on the issue and I, personally, am going to continue to use tags, at least here in Samanda. Whether others do the same or not is their call.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SKYDIVER

Y'all are mean, teasing Sky on her birthday.

Don't worry, Sky. I promise not to write any bad poetry to you.
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                              I think there are several people in Samanda who would rather not know ANY of these things until they see the show. I know we all have different ideas of what spoilers are, but I think that it's only fair to add the tags.

I'd rather be conservative here too. The extra click is only a minor annoyance, and I can understand why some folks don't want to know anything until the show airs.
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.

Comment

More pics...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sam giving her 'flirting' look
                                Spoiler:

*SIGH*
                                Spoiler:

I think this one is from spacerace
                                Spoiler:

This girl is going to be so beautiful when she grows up... little Olivia
                                Spoiler:

A favourite among fans
                                Spoiler:

So sexy and cool...
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:

lovin' the leather...
                                Spoiler:

This has to be one of the most beautiful pics...
                                Spoiler:
                                : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                                Geeky : Oh brother...
                                : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Working...
                                X