No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can just feel the love in this group. All the Samanda's united....
    It's really cool. and then to think that Amanda is responsible for that, even cooler. Another reason as to why she is so perfect... It's a daily routine to check in on you guys everyday, see what's new. Just like a family right?
    : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
    Geeky : Oh brother...
    : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
      More musings on Sanctuary…

Since Helen “Just a Doctor” Magnus trained during Victorian times and apparently is still practicing medicine, I suspect what she learned in medical school may be different than current medical practice. Dr. Helen is in need of some Continuing Medical Education. With the best interests of AT and Dr. Magnus in mind, the Samanda thread offers a modern medical primer to get Dr. Magnus up to speed:

(Spoiled for kiddie safety, just medical stuff, but perhaps not PG.)
      Spoiler:

1. Electrotherapy has progressed past eels and electric fish.

2. Tincture of opium is no longer the medication of choice; tincture of oxycontin and tincture of Prozac are preferred.

3. Sulfa powder is no longer necessary, thanks to Teal’c and the greenhouse effect, ambient sulphur levels on earth are enough to fend off all microbes.

4. Botulinum toxin is no longer the feared killer of the poor, but is sought after and is available only to the very rich.

5. Medicine has progressed way beyond the barbaric practices of days of old. We do not bludgeon holes into skulls to treat brain problems; we now make those same holes with a drill.

6. We are no longer trying to grow lost limbs; we are trying to prevent growth of 5th and 6th limbs.

7. In Victorian times the majority of patients could not pay a doctor, in current times, the majority of patients cannot pay a doctor.

8. Historically, war leads to civil disorder which leads to conditions favorable for human disease i.e. the plague. Not much has changed, except we now have a spectacular number and variety of plagues.

This is brilliant and I hope Amanda finds it one day! She'll love the comparison. I believe that she has mentioned more than once, if she had not chosen acting as a career, she may have become a doctor and served with Doctors Without Borders.

Now,
      Spoiler:
      she gets to be the age of a Jaffa and do her thing! Do you think, if it's supposed to be contemporay setting, we may see flashbacks of Dr. Helen in Victorian dress and the beginning of the whole arc of Sanctuary? I was betting on Amanda with the long hair in a Victorian drama! Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
        I've managed to "zero in" on the picture in the background but the closer you get the more fuzzy it becomes.
        I know the pic you mean and have seen it clearly enough to discern two babies in white dresses propped up and I believe one is waving or reaching ... I don't know where I saw it though. It's a sweet black-and-white photograph, large like an 8x10" picture.

Maybe someone here will provide a better cap of the framed photo. Brilliant techies abound in Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
          This is brilliant and I hope Amanda finds it one day! She'll love the comparison. I believe that she has mentioned more than once, if she had not chosen acting as a career, she may have become a doctor and served with Doctors Without Borders.

Now,
          Spoiler:
          she gets to be the age of a Jaffa and do her thing! Do you think, if it's supposed to be contemporay setting, we may see flashbacks of Dr. Helen in Victorian dress and the beginning of the whole arc of Sanctuary? I was betting on Amanda with the long hair in a Victorian drama! Can't wait!

Spoiler:
          That would be great !! I'm all for flashback and Victorian dresses , and I really hope there will be some, to explain how Helen's father created the sanctuary, what happened with her engagment to JAck ( ) since she mentionned her daughter will find out who her father is, I guess she'll have some explaining to do....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
            Spoiler:
            That would be great !! I'm all for flashback and Victorian dresses , and I really hope there will be some, to explain how Helen's father created the sanctuary, what happened with her engagment to JAck ( ) since she mentionned her daughter will find out who her father is, I guess she'll have some explaining to do....
            Haha, all this talk of
            Spoiler:
            Victorian dresses
            Reminds me of what Amanda's said before about how she was in a period theatre peace, wearing a corset, and at one point... fell out...

Spoiler:
            Of course I don't want that to happen in Sanctuary, but just the mention of her in some Victorian dresses makes me happy. Finally something other than combats/normal type clothes!
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
              It's really cool. and then to think that Amanda is responsible for that, even cooler. Another reason as to why she is so perfect... It's a daily routine to check in on you guys everyday, see what's new. Just like a family right?
              Yep, and our Queen is known to worry about her brood too ...

"Stop with the headache, Daniel. Samandans have bigger problems.
              Chelle's blown a tire. Mini is maudlin'. What a bummer ..."

"At least they've got Samanda!
              Daniel, take two aspirins and call Dr. Helen in the morning."
              Last edited by ChopinGal; 10 February 2007, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                Yep, and our Queen is known to worry about her brood too ...

"Stop with the headache, Daniel. Samandans have bigger problems.
                Chelle's blown a tire. Mini is maudlin'. What a bummer ..."

"At least they've got Samanda!
                Daniel, take two aspirins and call Dr. Helen in the morning."

LOL that's really funny! GO SAMANDA
                : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                Geeky : Oh brother...
                : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  Just poppin' in to say:

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

...before I head out for dinner.

Couple of years ago, I couldn't have imagined a more positive, wonderful group of people to share with. You guys have all been a real inspiration to me (and continue to be!); you've helped me through a tough year (whether you know it or not), and I'm so blessed to know you all.

Hugs & Love!!

mini(the maudlin - but just being honest!)geek

Ahh (((mini)))

but I expected a squeeing excited geek, jumping up and down because she is going to see Amanda in the Vagina Monologues

or is that just me
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                    I think Sally was comparing smoking to drinking alcohol. Smoking and getting behind the wheel of a car doesn't kill anyone, drinking and doing the same very easily can because the driver is "disabled".
                    Passive smoking can kill you. People die from other people's smoke.
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post

Oh, and something completely off topic... See, in just over a week I'm starting University (in case I haven't mentioned this enough ). I'm helping my friend, the president of the uni physics club, organise a movie night. Can anyone suggest some really geeky/physics films? Unfortunately I have already been told that I will be shot down if it has "star" in the title.
                      Well, as a true Samandan, the first movie that comes to mind that has anything to do with physics is our Queen's own "The Void."

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                        I think Sally was comparing smoking to drinking alcohol. Smoking and getting behind the wheel of a car doesn't kill anyone, drinking and doing the same very easily can because the driver is "disabled".
                        Ah, okay, that makes more sense. Sorry, I tend to get a little sensitive about disabled issues...

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                        Passive smoking can kill you. People die from other people's smoke.
                        Although I do agree with the above, my parents smoked for years and never admitted to themselves the damage they were causing to their children. But, they've quit now so...

Wendy
                        Hugs

ETA: Oooh 450 posts! How cool
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Sanctuary

Spoiler:
                          Sociopaths can be very personable. If Jack the Ripper wanted Helen, and let's face it, he obviously did, he would have turned on the charm and kept it on long enough to get her to violate one of the Victorian era's greatest taboos, premarital sex. Just think of the potential conflict if he knew she had had a child and kept the child from him because she discovered he was a sociopath. They would have both been in danger for a long time and could still be if Jack has the same longevity Helen does.

What a wonderfully complex backstory for Helen and her daughter and possibly the other characters as well.

Tracy, as enamored as I am with Wicked now also (which I totally blame on you and Trialia BTW), I cannot see them making Jack misunderstood. As you pointed out, he actually existed. His crimes were brutal and extensive.

I'm tempted to go to the library and check out Patricia Cornwell's (nonfiction) book on the subject.
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            I thought the car looked very vintage and I think it provided an insight into one of Sam's hobbies. So did the motorcycle, and Oh I would so love to see her ride ...

Spoiler:
                            into Atlantis on it.

Kidding... mostly

Wendy
                            Hugs
                            Well that gives a whole new meaning to the spoilers eh
                            I can sooooooo see it happening lol

Spoiler:
                            Sam driving through the gate on her motorcycle...in leather outfit and all...(cause you better be prepared if you go for a long long long trip...hey Atlantis is far away ) Arriving on Atlantis, she does off her helmet...her hair is everywhere... With an elegance...only Sam has...she gets off the motorcycle... She leaves her motorcycle there... before the gate and walks to the office of Weir saying: reporting for dute...

Yes sounds like good to watch...Or good to write a fic about anyone up to that task...just an idea eh

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post
                            yes exactly...I think this is a great place...I have met a lot of interesting and wonderful people here online...some of whom I even call my friends!!! So that is really nice...and it is nice that just one AMAZING person can do such a thing...that is the force of Amanda...She unites people from all over the world...who will always be there for one another...
                            and some of us will never meet in RL but still we are family...
                            I know when I can't get on to check on Samanda I really feel sad

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Well, as a true Samandan, the first movie that comes to mind that has anything to do with physics is our Queen's own "The Void."
                            Yes the Void...Sounds like a good idea that way you can watch Amanda and it doesn't have Star in it Although I am not so sure about the movie itself...Amanda was wonderfull in it and her acting talents really show in this movie...But the movie was not really worth a thing if you ask me...

Comment

On Sanctuary
                              Spoiler:

If Helen is a vampire, you can bet she's a sympathetic one. As a doctor she's probably spent all these years trying to find a cure.
                              She must be a pretty interesting character if AT is willing to play her. I also liked that she said in the interview that she is "the lead" b/c in the early info it sounded like she was just "apperaring" in it. I'm just afraid I won't be able to view the show on my basic DSL.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Yes the Void...Sounds like a good idea that way you can watch Amanda and it doesn't have Star in it Although I am not so sure about the movie itself...Amanda was wonderfull in it and her acting talents really show in this movie...But the movie was not really worth a thing if you ask me...
                                Well I don't think NZBG specified a "good" movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X