Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    Even though she's the great, grand, high poobah, I really think Hammer is less significant than the B@B are for the general quality of the show, which is really just another way of saying that you're right.

It is possible to make a show appeal to more than one demographic group. It's amazing how good writing contributes to that result. (More Amanda wouldn't hurt either.)
    I agree with you on the day to day quality of the show, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Hammer was responsible for some of the changes made in season 9 that I really dislike. I think some of those decisions were forced on the B@B from up above. Nothing concrete that I can point at; just a hunch on my part. It would be interesting to get the scoop on what really happened some day.

My LJ

Comment

Good afternoon Samandans...how is everyone this fine Tuesday afternoon??
      Just popping real quick...I hope...coz I got a squillion things to do today...so I just wanted to wish everyone here well and hope you're all happy and safe.
      Congrats to all the milestoners and welcome to all the newcomers!!
      Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
      Hello! I'm new!
      Gateworld is just so massive that I've always been a little shy from joining. I come from the small universe at amandatapping.com. The reason I joined today was because so many of you stumbled onto my blog (Jedi Lois) - still trying to work out the information transportation method LoL - about my AT2 weekend. You were all so nice! Usually it's only my friends who get to read my blog, and sadly they are not gaters. So it was a massive surprise to open my email this morning and there were like 8 replies! Thanks! Anyhoo, I'm here now. Still trying to figure out where everything goes, but managed a user name which is step one. Not very original I know LoL, although I used my tea raffle number at the end so that I'll always remember. Well glad to be here, and hope to make some new friends! I'll try to jump on the bad wagon and see what everyone's been talking about!
      Welcome to Samanda gategirl422...and I read your blog last night...that was great...I'm so glad that you and all the Samandans here had a great time...I was hoping to go to AT3 but it's not looking so good for me at this time...it would cost me around $5000 AUD...and that's a lot when you're trying to save for a deposit on a house...

But it's Amanda FCOL...I gotta get there...does anyone think there'll be an AT4...I would definitely be there for that!!
      Originally posted by suse View Post
      MY first thought: "What a pretty smile!"
      And as I scrolled down: "Tuck your shirt in!" You'd think I work with kids.
      Whoever made that a "style" needs to be (figuratively) drawn and quartered.
      IMO.
      Suse
      Are you kidding?? I think that look is gorgeous...and of course Amanda pulls it off just perfectly!!
      Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      Hey guys, a bit of a spoiler for those inclined. Actually got some intel about who the villian is going to be for the second movie. I'll tag it for those not interested in being spoiled. I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually like this idea. Way scarier and more believable than the Ori, if you ask me.
      Spoiler:

RITGLMAO...well...I wasn't expecting that one...that's for sure!!
      Holy Hannah, I just spat out my mouthfull of water onto my computer screen and all down my chin. Great villain!
      Yeah...luckily I had just swallowed my mouthful of coke...hehehehe!
      Originally posted by Daivy View Post
      Well, if anyone has to guess how old Amanda is on this one I bet 23! (Plays the announcer on an auction) 23 years.... Do I here 21, 24?......... This lovely Lady, 23, do I here 22?......
      LOL I forgot it wasn't drool on Amanda day but:
      • monday post happy posts in Samanda day,
      • tuesday: Tell fun stories about conventions or what ya did / saw recently
      • wednesday: Stargate SG-1 day,
      • thursday: Blue Jello day!,
      • friday:drool on Amanda day(don't see this as an insult please),
      • saterday: go out to dinner / party / cinema with fellow Samandans day,and
      • sunday: sleep out and watch Amanda / Sam centerd movies / episodes day.

This is the week as I want to see it in a perfect Stargate world lol !
      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      she does look incredibly young doesn't she????
      she's lucky, not only is she good looking, but she will always look younger than her years.
      i think rick too looked far younger than his 59 (?) years at the con
      Funny...I was saying that to Nik a few days ago...all the pics from AT3 and Avalon...she looks awesome...so damn young...yeah...I'd say she looked like she only just hit 30...or maybe 28/29! As for Rick...I really thing he needs a hair cut...sorry...but I much preferred the short clean military style hair cut but he's still such a gorgeous hunk'o man!!
      She truly does. I was laughing when she teased herself via the music video footage at AT2 "Oh look, there I'm young, then I'm old, young again, now I'm old...", because she absolutely does not look old, by any stretch. But I suppose we're all hyper critical of our own personal appearance.
      Dang...wish I could see that...bet it was funny!!
      Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
      56. He'll be 57 in January.
      He's one year older than my mummmy.
      Yes he is...and he's a year older than my mum too...and 18 years older than hubs and 20 years older than me...D'oH!!
      Originally posted by Coley View Post
      I just had to delurk to respond to this.
      I am appalled. Not only is it disrespectful as other have pointed out to Amanda and the G4, it is also disrespectful to the rest f the fans who happily observe the rules.
      In addition It is ungrateful. The G4 have worked hard to put together an event which is enjoyable and fun for both Amanda and the attendees. They requested the minimal of restrictions and placed a great deal of trust in us to behave in a respectful manner - which I think on the whole nearly all of us did.
      I agree that they need to be shopped - and don't feel bad TJ - I'm right behind you!!
      As am I...great post Coley!
      "I said that I wouldn't, Sir. I never said that I couldn't."
      Nice...good one!
      Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Now let's see if it will work this time
      Sam: Sir I know it was my idea to arm wrestle, but don't you think you took it a little too far?
      *runs and hides from J/S shippers *
      Oooooh....well...what can one say to that...but look...she's still smiling...maybe she likes to "arm wrestle" with Jack...a little rough play is good for the soul...isn't it?...ok...slinking back to the gutter!

Night night...take care, be safe and be happy!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey guys, a bit of a spoiler for those inclined. Actually got some intel about who the villian is going to be for the second movie. I'll tag it for those not interested in being spoiled. I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually like this idea. Way scarier and more believable than the Ori, if you ask me.

Spoiler:

WOW!!!!
        ......TARA......

Comment

Alright, onward and away from the negativity.

Captionary!

Sam thinking to herself>>>>>just keep smileling Sam and they will never know what hit them. Woman should be at home looking after babies, HUF, the cheek of it!

Sorry it was the first thing that came to mind when i saw that smile that looked like it hid a million thoughts!
          ......TARA......

Comment

Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
            ............oo0oo............

Comment

Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
              ............oo0oo............

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                ok folks, it's all done

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/newstories.htm

Mirror, Mirror: Keep the Homefires Burning is now completely up
                thanx for updating it...i've read some parts of it on Fanfic.net and i like it it's a good story

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Mini, I've just been given information on the secret weapon found to fight the new villan

Spoiler:

picture provided by JanSam
                that villian is the worse one i can imagine
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  shim, say you didn't!

you've went darkside, woman!!

sally
                  *evil dimpled grin* Mwwwaaaahahahahaha!

Well... I did say this thread was to blame, didn't I?

But if I can tempt you.... there is, from mid-point forward, a good amount of S/J... S4 BTS S/J scenes & still unresolved S/J attraction & issues did provide a lot of good conflict/angst to work off of...

*lures Auntie Sally to the dark side*

(If it helps.... Am still working on a Sam/Cam and the final sequel to the Sam/Jack Choices series... the Sam/Teal'c {friendship!} fic is with beta right now...)

*waves pocket watch at Sal...... the Dark Side..... The Darrrrrk Sssssside... you shall slide over to the Darrrrk Sssside!*

(((Sal)))
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                    *evil dimpled grin* Mwwwaaaahahahahaha!

Well... I did say this thread was to blame, didn't I?

But if I can tempt you.... there is, from mid-point forward, a good amount of S/J... S4 BTS S/J scenes & still unresolved S/J attraction & issues did provide a lot of good conflict/angst to work off of...

*lures Auntie Sally to the dark side*

(If it helps.... Am still working on a Sam/Cam and the final sequel to the Sam/Jack Choices series... the Sam/Teal'c {friendship!} fic is with beta right now...)

*waves pocket watch at Sal...... the Dark Side..... The Darrrrrk Sssssside... you shall slide over to the Darrrrk Sssside!*

(((Sal)))

*scrubs brain out at the thought of S/C*

*waits patiently for more Choices*
                    -

Comment

S/V > S/C > S/J

In my completely superior opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        S/V > S/C > S/J

In my completely superior opinion
                        S/Jt/V = S/Jt > S/V > S/C > S/J

in mine
                        Spoiler:
                        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                          S/Jt/V = S/Jt > S/V > S/C > S/J

in mine
                          Spoiler:
                          how do you get those smileys they are really great

And for me is still the S/J ship the best
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                            how do you get those smileys they are really great

And for me is still the S/J ship the best
                            S/J is the one true SHIP IMHO, Though I do like fic ship between S/Jt, J/D. The only one I can't do is S/D ship LOL.
                            S/J ship rules forever!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hello! I'm new!
                              Gateworld is just so massive that I've always been a little shy from joining. I come from the small universe at amandatapping.com. The reason I joined today was because so many of you stumbled onto my blog (Jedi Lois) - still trying to work out the information transportation method LoL - about my AT2 weekend. You were all so nice! Usually it's only my friends who get to read my blog, and sadly they are not gaters. So it was a massive surprise to open my email this morning and there were like 8 replies! Thanks! Anyhoo, I'm here now. Still trying to figure out where everything goes, but managed a user name which is step one. Not very original I know LoL, although I used my tea raffle number at the end so that I'll always remember. Well glad to be here, and hope to make some new friends! I'll try to jump on the bad wagon and see what everyone's been talking about!

Welcome! And thanks for your wonderful report of AT2---it was a joy to read!

Thanks to all those who have posted pics and reports!

OT: I showed some really good clips of French and Saunders in my last day of class yesterday---they do parody so well (one was a commentary on body image). I can see why Amanda likes them so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post
                                I just had to delurk to respond to this.

I am appalled. Not only is it disrespectful as other have pointed out to Amanda and the G4, it is also disrespectful to the rest f the fans who happily observe the rules.

In addition It is ungrateful. The G4 have worked hard to put together an event which is enjoyable and fun for both Amanda and the attendees. They requested the minimal of restrictions and placed a great deal of trust in us to behave in a respectful manner - which I think on the whole nearly all of us did.

I agree that they need to be shopped - and don't feel bad TJ - I'm right behind you!!
                                I also had to jump in, given that my PC is broken and so can only get online at work at the mo.

There are just so many of us who live and re-live vicariously through the images we take at any convention. Imagine if that priveledge was taken away! Utterly devastating.

I definitely support your decision to notify Gabit, and it seems like everyone else here does too. Good job!

Blue 422
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X