Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    yeah, when she makes comments about 'there's me' it's not a 'hey, look, there IIII am' it's more along the line of 'yeah, ok, yep, that's me'

she's not capable of being full of herself......we'll do it for her
    And we do it so well!

Thanks so much for the transcription tsaxlady!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      On the commentary transcription - Yes you do loose so of the meaning because you don't hear the toe of voice and that some of the things said are in jest. I did it because several people asked for it.

I listened to a few others today - Barclay Hope talks a bit about Amanda - they knew each other when Amanda was still living in Toronto and they played on a Softball team together. He talks about how athletic she is. Joe M. says so really nice things about Amanda on the Ripple Effect commentary. I have to say I have enjoyed Joe M. on the commentaries he did for S9.
      lol, I remember Barclay Hope and Ken Girotti (the director) talking about how extreme Amanda was when she played softball. And that she'd be even more hardcore now that she was a mum. They sounded almost afraid of her

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        I'm with ya Sally. And scari--it's your story, you should be the one to do the sequel.
        *wail* I don't have time! Seriously, it's tossed out there for someone to pick up and run with it

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
        lol, I remember Barclay Hope and Ken Girotti (the director) talking about how extreme Amanda was when she played softball. And that she'd be even more hardcore now that she was a mum. They sounded almost afraid of her
        lol! Wonderful. Woman after my own heart I love that gal.
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Here's a question, since coop only likes his own characters, excluding s9, which are his characters? Because Jack and Daniel are from the movie, Sam and Teal'c are Brad's, who else does that leave for Coop?
          Would Cassie be his character? She first appeared in an episode he wrote.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Here's a question, since coop only likes his own characters, excluding s9, which are his characters? Because Jack and Daniel are from the movie, Sam and Teal'c are Brad's, who else does that leave for Coop?
            vaniel. cause he seems to have an obsession with all things vaniel.

as to the dvd's, well since #1 is going to be an ori laced coop masterpiece, i'm not holding much hope for it. I'm sure i'm too stupid and full of issues to fully appreciate his fantasticness

the second one however, is said to be a brad movie and - my opinion - will be a pilot for the third incarnation, so i hold it a bit higher
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
              Would Cassie be his character? She first appeared in an episode he wrote.
              yeah, but cassie's a girl. so she's not worth much

sigpic

Comment

I think speculation about Cooper's abilities and intentions are best left to somewhere else?

Comment

you're right.

Ok, back to sam where we belong

Let's pretend that Sam is a WormHole x-treme junkie. And let's pretend that she's going to a con to meet stacy monroe and the guy that plays colonel danning

what would she do?

yes, we know that she's the proper little lt colonel...but do you think she turns into a fangurl????

sigpic

Comment

oh, and what would her friends do/think if they found out?

would she tell them or would it be her big secret?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                      Congrats on 200 posts LtColonelSamC and NZBG! I love the icons you guys have been posting lately! (Can't wait to reach 2000 so I can snag a few!)

Amanda really is such a trooper! Can you imagine how long she had to dangle from that crane in that hot space suit? We know that it takes forever to just prepare to shoot a scene. Wow, she totally rocks! Amanda can put her stunt abilities on her new resume, and maybe we'll get a nice action packe Amanda major motion picture soon.
                      Are you referring to the scenes from Camelot when Sam was stuck in space in the space suit??
                      In that ep she wasn't in the suit for too long coz she was very sick during the filming of that ep...a lot of the footage was of her stunt double and even Martin Wood!! Just thought I'd share that with you all...but you probably already knew that!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Jack would probably tease her mercilessly at first - until Teal'c "innocently" mentioned one of his obsessions and turned the tables. Not sure about Daniel.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          Hi great wallpaper, well done. Amanda does have a great smile doesn't she!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          I agree Julia...Amanda has one of the best smiles I've ever seen...it makes you want to smile too.
                          I guess that's one of many reasons why we're here!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

you're right.

Ok, back to sam where we belong

Let's pretend that Sam is a WormHole x-treme junkie. And let's pretend that she's going to a con to meet stacy monroe and the guy that plays colonel danning

what would she do?

yes, we know that she's the proper little lt colonel...but do you think she turns into a fangurl????
                            and she is still in the AF as a lt.Colonol or a Major??? or is she just a person with a 9 till 5 job in the supermarket???cause that changes things I think...

If she is still in the AF: I think she would ask lots of quesions..
                            about how it is to play a person in the military
                            if Stacy is honered by playing a strong and convincing person
                            if Stacy loves the acting
                            And what drew Stacey to auditioning for the role
                            If Stacy sees herself as a rolemodel
                            I think Sam would ask a lot of questions about how Stacy feels about the AF and about her feeling with it...

If she works in a supermarket: I think she would be more shy cause she doesn't know that much about the AF...but still she would ask a few questions imo

I don't think she would tell them immediatly...I think she would aks what they think of it...and when she sees they are positive of it she will probably tell it to them

As for the friends...
                            Teal'c: he will be a fan too
                            Jack: would say that the Simpsons is much better and try to convince her to look at that lol
                            Daniel: would support her in everyway possible... try to support her by saying that a con is nothing to be nervous about...
                            Janet: She will support her friend no matter what, she might even come along to be a support and then probably also like Stacy

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              It's funny how some people see ship where others don't. So, I'm not really up on all the Samandans preferred ship/no ship. Me, I prefer not to have ship on screen but I'll take Sam N Jack ship in fanfic any ole day! What's other people's preferences???
                              Wow, few answered that (maybe wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole). So I'll give you my very odd response. While a huge S/J shipper, I actually prefer it fairly subtle onscreen, with just the occasional focus being placed on it. This is one of the reasons I like SG-1 in general, and can't stand the ship on a lot of other shows where it's ALWAYS upfront and the show is centered around that. If I wanted to watch OC.... More than most shows, I think SG-1 has avoided acting overly soap-operaish in it's shippiness. But I became a shipper only after being a fan for years -- after Threads as a matter of fact -- once I realized the ship was being handled in the way it was.

But I know LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of people disagree with me completely

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                              ....and my favorite! Again, via the Great Mala!

Spoiler warning for S7 The Lost City!
                              Spoiler:

Thus, proving once and for all, that the Furlings really ARE penguins. Great Manip!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31 View Post
                                Great job on the transcription, tsaxlady. Thanks for all your work!
                                Yep...I agree...well done Tsaxlady!!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X