No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on 200 posts LtColonelSamC and NZBG! I love the icons you guys have been posting lately! (Can't wait to reach 2000 so I can snag a few!)

Amanda really is such a trooper! Can you imagine how long she had to dangle from that crane in that hot space suit? We know that it takes forever to just prepare to shoot a scene. Wow, she totally rocks! Amanda can put her stunt abilities on her new resume, and maybe we'll get a nice action packe Amanda major motion picture soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      and we're gonna hit 56.000 posts here before the con
      Make sure to tell Amanda the good news! Last year I got to announce 20,000 during the Q&A and many of the fans in the room had no idea what SaGCT and Samanda were all about!

We've come a long way, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        You know, we would have already passed that mark, if I hadn't been off line for 2 weeks

*grumble darn computer grumble*
        Ain't that the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
          ok because of Sam (as in Sasucs) I tried to make an animated icon...so here is my first one, be gentle and tell me what you think of it
          Nice! I would have prefered to have Smile to go a tiny bit faster, but I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
            I wanted my 200th post (on my 20th birthday) to be here in Samanda. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!!! You guys are fantastic.
            Cake, we must have cake ... Happy Birthday and Happy 200 posts to the young'uns on the board!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
              ... Amanda really is such a trooper! Can you imagine how long she had to dangle from that crane in that hot space suit? We know that it takes forever to just prepare to shoot a scene. Wow, she totally rocks! Amanda can put her stunt abilities on her new resume, and maybe we'll get a nice action packed Amanda major motion picture soon.
              If she was sick shooting Camelot, then that explains how tired she did appear in some scenes. She is a trooper as you say GG. Hopefully no new concussions from the latest stunt. Maybe she is more willing to do physical stunts now that Olivia is older and weaned.

I hope the end of S10 gave her more moments to play with that kind of stuff. I'd love to see one final martial arts/combat scene similar to her encounter in Emancipation.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                Cake, we must have cake ... Happy Birthday and Happy 200 posts to the young'uns on the board!

As Amanda said to Shawn on the Gemini's "Isn't it passed your bedtime"
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

If she was sick shooting Camelot, then that explains how tired she did appear in some scenes. She is a trooper as you say GG. Hopefully no new concussions from the latest stunt. Maybe she is more willing to do physical stunts now that Olivia is older and weaned.

I hope the end of S10 gave her more moments to play with that kind of stuff. I'd love to see one final martial arts/combat scene similar to her encounter in Emancipation.
                  she was very sick from what i understand. to the point that alan drove her to wrok and they reblocked her scenes so that she could sit down because she couldn't stand for very long

bad cold or case of the flu or something
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

she was very sick from what i understand. to the point that alan drove her to wrok and they reblocked her scenes so that she could sit down because she couldn't stand for very long

* nods vigorously having just been through the commentary for that ep *

Yep, apparently the scene with Kvasir she was sitting down and leaning against the table behind her because by that stage she couldn't stand up. Apparently most of the shots in that scene not involving showing her face were done by her stand in as they had sent Amanda to lie down.

There was mention of being worried about barfing in the space suit as well - eewww.

Amanda is definitely a trooper.
                    -

Comment

okay, so when does it start to get quiet around here? I mean when does everyone start leaving for Gabit, because I'm pretty sure it won't be quiet over there
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

Yep, apparently the scene with Kvasir she was sitting down and leaning against the table behind her because by that stage she couldn't stand up. Apparently most of the shots in that scene not involving showing her face were done by her stand in as they had sent Amanda to lie down.

There was mention of being worried about barfing in the space suit as well - eewww.

And yet she came in to work!!! That shows her dedication to her job and to all the people that it would effect if she had not been there.

I can't imagine feeling that sick and still trying to act, trying to put myself into a character when all I really wanted to do is die peacefully on the sofa...

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

I'm working on transcribing the commentary.

When Sam is in the Space suit and all you see is her hands in a shot it is really Martin Woods hands in the Space Suit not Amanda.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

as you guys know, scari wrote that baal-samwhump fic for ME. well, after her GREAT fic, i started begging her for more. she told me i could beg YOU GUYS for a sequel. anyone up to (or interested) in going on with the story?

this is what i asked of scari for the sequel: "you might hate me, but i want a sequel! i want to see how everyone reacts to what sam really went through, and i want a sam-baal encounter where sam takes him down!"

anyone???

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              as you guys know, scari wrote that baal-samwhump fic for ME. well, after her GREAT fic, i started begging her for more. she told me i could beg YOU GUYS for a sequel. anyone up to (or interested) in going on with the story?

this is what i asked of scari for the sequel: "you might hate me, but i want a sequel! i want to see how everyone reacts to what sam really went through, and i want a sam-baal encounter where sam takes him down!"

anyone???

sally
                              I have to start my Women of Stargate fanfiction first
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

That would be great! How about
                                Spoiler:
                                A show down with that guy from the lucian(sp?) alliance.

Comment

Working...
                                X