Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    You know, it's funny...but a transcript can sometimes be really deceptive.

For instance, some of the comments Amanda makes make her sound a bit full of herself. And some of the comments Martin makes make him sound as though he's put off by her replies.

But neither of those observations are true.

The reality is Martin has never shown anything but affection and respect for Amanda...and by some behind the scenes stories that people have shared with me from visits to the set, they share a delightful friendship where they're free to tease and play with each other.

As for Amanda...I know I don't have to say it here...but she's not at all full of herself in any way, shape or form. Almost too humble at times IMHO because she doesn't fully understand how special she is and important to the franchise. But then, I'd never want her to fall into the trap that so many celebrities do and put on airs. Her humility, grace and selfless attention to the fans is a part of the charm.

So reading over her comments I have to believe that the tone of her was self-deprecating...in fact, when reading them, I could almost hear her using a cute and snarky tone. She doesn't GET why she's special...making her even more special to us all.
    Exactly. I managed to resist the temptation of reading the transcript stuff b/c I still may buy the DVD and want to *hear* AT. She is definitely modest and when she does commentaries I notice how often she points out the contributions of *others*--whether her fellow actors or directors or crew people, etc. I think she's the only one I've ever heard compliment the "background performers" and she's usually careful to use that term rather than "extras."
    There's a reason she's our "queen."

Comment

yeah, when she makes comments about 'there's me' it's not a 'hey, look, there IIII am' it's more along the line of 'yeah, ok, yep, that's me'

she's not capable of being full of herself......we'll do it for her
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        yeah, when she makes comments about 'there's me' it's not a 'hey, look, there IIII am' it's more along the line of 'yeah, ok, yep, that's me'

she's not capable of being full of herself......we'll do it for her
        That's our job and we do it OH so well.

*bows humbly before the Queen*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Did someone mention me?

The kingdom is big enough for penguins *and* emus. As I recall, the emus are supposed to be cranky and a bit scary to discourage unfriendly elements from coming into the kingdom.
          I wonder what other birds we have in the royal aviary? Tucans? Flamingos? Great Blue Herons?
          **pulls a penguin in front of her for protection** Scary! Just look at those scary eyes.

And great job on the commentary transcript, tsaxlady. I haven't gotten around to listening to Camelot's commentary yet. Now I'll be sure to do so later tonight since I now know that AT is talking.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            Camelot Part 4 and final part

Spoiler:
            MW: I had to move them off because I have to beam them out so I had to get them under the lights I had set - John asked how to I pronounce these 3 planets and I said how would you like to pronounce them – we called Coop and he said there is no pronunciation you can do them any way you want – kind of looks like a Jiffy Pop hat doesn’t it
            AT: Does everyone know Jiffy Pop Popcorn – it is a Jiffy Pop hat
            MW: which is handy – guess in the time when you had to carry your food around you just carried it in your hat – see what happened when we saw Antonio’s hat earlier it was flat it was already used
            AT: or it handed been pop yet – oh and there they go – everytime something is about to happen we get beamed away
            MW: I love doing that kind of effect and know we are on the Korolev with Gary Chaulk – okay I like what happens here – again you have to lean against something because your to sick
            AT: yep – and it took me forever to say all these words I was so sick
            MW: and because your having to actor with Vasir who swears all the time
            AT: potty mouth
            MW: we have a number of puppeteers who have done Thor Vasir Himdal who do all of them and they are very very funny
            AT: but they have potty mouth
            MW: they swear a lot as as we are doing this these guys are sitting there – Morris who does the voice (on camera) of Vasir – okay we get to Bruce W on the left hand side you see the man with the glasses that is the man responsible for what the puddle look like he is the supervisor over at Rainmaker and Bruce has been making our puddles and puddle pass thrus and ships for years – Bruce was a student of mine 20 years ago – okay you have not seen this yet (Sam in Space)
            AT: no I have not
            MW: she is actually standing on a platform that moves up and down and Amanda is again so sick that she is afraid that she is going to throw up inside this thing – but I love doing space suit stuff – I think it is really cool
            AT: It is very cool – it is not comfortable at all but it looks cool
            MW: and it works really well – the suite is not made to do much other than just stand there
            AT: no
            MW: oh you get to see my hands
            AT: oh yeah
            MW: that’s my hands not Amanda’s – because Amanda just wanted to get out of that suite so badly
            AT: I didn’t want to get out of it you make it sound like I was wimpy
            MW: No she did not want to get out at all – she said she wasn’t going to get out but we did not want to clean up the barf – so when you see those hands – but doesn’t this look good
            AT: That is Martin Wood’s hands
            MW: Don’t worry I have done Chris Judge
            AT: you’ve done everyone
            MW: Richard Dean Anderson and Michael – this is cool lost you magnetic grip – that was Kim your stunt double being lifted off – she is having to bend over
            AT: Oh that arm – know here is the cool story about Kim Shepard who was my stunt double in S1 &2 then wasn’t my double for a long time because she went off and some babies but she is so phenomenal and such a great lady and there we are at the end of S9 and she is my stunt double again – wow that is a cool shout Martin
            MW: that is actually Michelle C. our vis-effect person said we can do this – know part of this interestingly enough Andy Mikta shot – he shot a number of the battle scenes - watch this shot you get to see it go past you
            AT: That is cool
            MW: I love this kind of thing – the Russian behind speaks real Russian he said that in real Russian ships the commandeer would not just say this it would be repeated and I said okay well the we will make you an actor and his face light up and he is a wonderful actor he really does a beautiful job of it – this is neat going back and forth between the two ships when it is the same ship – it is lite differently but that is really the only change but they look different
            AT: But they are the same class ship – we just pump them out of Area 51 as we need then
            - oh wow that looks good
            MW: Look at all those ships firing – so people flying all over the place – we have the best camera operators because they are in the middle of all these sparks they just go right through all these sparks
            AT: We also have to say we have the best background to they are really cool – how did you get pulled back that far in space what kind of crane were you on
            MW: It’s not a crane it is a self floating camera – it’s called a life boat ship
            AT: Life boat ship in space
            MW: ya and no body can hear you scream if your out there
            AT: That is the beauty of space no one can hear you scream
            MW: I actually called that the Titanic shout the one were you are standing way back watching the ships fighting – isn’t this great did you forget that we had a sword fight just a little while ago
            AT: totally like a completely different show
            MW: It’s just fun to do this space battles and sword fights
            AT: Our special effect love things like that on the bridge of the ship were sparks are going off
            MW: This is a mistake by me – notice how the sparks travel on the camera – why would they do that
            AT: Because they want to go from sparks to actors
            MW: no it’s a mistake I did something stupid I said put the sparks on the top of the camera – this was a much longer shot were he ran down the hall and was knocked down by a beam
            AT: The music is just awesome Joel once again – that is amazing
            MW: isn’t this an amazing end to a season – look at the look on your face right there
            AT: crap
            MW: no it’s just this disbelief
            AT: there is no way to play that but to keep it simple
            MW: When Robert Cooper and Brad decided what was going to happen here – by the way Rob shot this (Vala on ship) – they thought do we end the series because we did not know if we were going to be picked up and they decided finally no we are not going to end the series we are going to make it like we are making the show again next year – and then we will pick up the pieces with Vala having a baby
            AT: there you go
            MW: and that was Camelot
            AT: CAMELOT
            MW: I like to push the bramelot
            MW: thanks for watching
            AT: Thank you for watching – Martin you did a really good job I’m very impressed
            MW: Thank You – yes I did
            AT: and your modesty is completely underwhelming
            MW: as did you Chris
            AT: Ooo the vis-effects were wonderful
            MW: bye
            AT: Okay Bye
            Thanks Tsaxlady for all your hard work!! I tried to green ya but I couldn't. I liked how MW and AT seemed to finish each other's sentences. You can tell they are friends.

Comment

Is Camelot the only commentary AT did for season 9? Were there commentary for all the episodes in s9? It seems like I heard somewhere they weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                Is Camelot the only commentary AT did for season 9? Were there commentary for all the episodes in s9? It seems like I heard somewhere they weren't.
                There were commentaries for every episode, but Camelot was the only one that had a principal cast member on it. The only other actor to do one was Barclay Hope (Colonel Pendergast) on Ethon.

Comment

AT and Martin have always gotten along well

and, as a director, he's one of the few that isn't afraid of sam or using her

a brad wright/martin wood work will usually be very much to my taste...just as much as a coop/PdL/adam mccullough is sure to be a disappointment
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    AT and Martin have always gotten along well

and, as a director, he's one of the few that isn't afraid of sam or using her

a brad wright/martin wood work will usually be very much to my taste...just as much as a coop/PdL/adam mccullough is sure to be a disappointment
                    What do you think the chances are of one or both of the proposed DVD movies being handled by Brad Wright and Martin Wood?

Slim or none?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Did someone mention me?

The kingdom is big enough for penguins *and* emus. As I recall, the emus are supposed to be cranky and a bit scary to discourage unfriendly elements from coming into the kingdom.
                      I wonder what other birds we have in the royal aviary? Tucans? Flamingos? Great Blue Herons?
                      And has this one reappeared yet?

Lys did a manip of the royal castle grounds ages ago and there were other birds walking around ... just can't find the photo! We did have a royal aviary.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        What do you think the chances are of one or both of the proposed DVD movies being handled by Brad Wright and Martin Wood?

Slim or none?
                        my guess? the kind of chance which make you cross your fingers and pray.

i miss sam.
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post

Slim or none?
                          Here I was hoping there would be a great chance of that happening... I agree with sky I prefer MW and BW over the others.

Comment

Here's a question, since coop only likes his own characters, excluding s9, which are his characters? Because Jack and Daniel are from the movie, Sam and Teal'c are Brad's, who else does that leave for Coop?
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

On the commentary transcription - Yes you do loose so of the meaning because you don't hear the toe of voice and that some of the things said are in jest. I did it because several people asked for it.

I listened to a few others today - Barclay Hope talks a bit about Amanda - they knew each other when Amanda was still living in Toronto and they played on a Softball team together. He talks about how athletic she is. Joe M. says so really nice things about Amanda on the Ripple Effect commentary. I have to say I have enjoyed Joe M. on the commentaries he did for S9.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
                                If you hold back the emu's, I'll hold back the penguins.

You know, the first time I saw the word "Samandan" I thought it was a name for Sam/Daniel shippers. It took a bit to realize Samanda was a combo of Sam and Amanda.
                                Wow, I never would have thought of the S/D connection with Samandans. My S/J shipper brain just can't process such things. I do feel like a bad Samandan at the moment since I'm clueless about the emus. (Must do a search!)

Congrats on post 56000! Wow, somebody tell Amanda please! Congrats Lida on 4000 posts!

Comment

Working...
                                X