Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    I'm not sure about Nemesis. Is that the one with replicators, isn't it? Hmmm, it might be.

Okay so I remember the bike being red, and she has Siler helping her...

Wendy
    Hugs

The episode was The Curse.

I loved that Sam said she a a few projects on the go. It to me was a play on words, this was a way to get her to where her projects were.

Plus I've always wanted a Harley.

See Forever's post.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I love it here already!

And i will try to post often... but I'm not very good at I'm afraid
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater88 View Post
        Hello everyone!
        I just thought i would come and join you guys because I have been a Sam fan for quite a long time and have recently become an Amanda fan! All thanks to RepliCartertje! She's got me converted!
        Welcome Amber...you will certainly enjoy your stay here!!! I know so cause we all love Sam and Amanda!!!

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        Woo hoo, guys we've gained another member! The force is just too strong to resist, eh? From a (former) MIA member to a newbie, WELCOME to the Samanda thread & family!
        Welcome back Amber
        Nice to see you back on GW

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
        Welcome!! Pull up a chair and sit a spell. (oh my southern roots are breaking through ) Oh and post often Thanks Eve for converting another great fan!
        Yes you are such a southern lol...even type like on
        Btw not my thing...she already was one only did not know it and after seeing the vid Jan and I made she was sure of it...So also thank Jan for a new fan...

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        Just poppin' in to say:

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

...before I head out for dinner.

Couple of years ago, I couldn't have imagined a more positive, wonderful group of people to share with. You guys have all been a real inspiration to me (and continue to be!); you've helped me through a tough year (whether you know it or not), and I'm so blessed to know you all.

Hugs & Love!!

mini(the maudlin - but just being honest!)geek

Couldn't agree with you more Mini...I love coming to here atm...it keeps my mind of things a bit... I think Mini just said it all...I would be so blessed to meet some of you...that would be so amazing but will never happen though...but still you are all so amazing!!!

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        <snip sorry wendy>

Does anybody know the name of the episode where Sam is working on some kind of motorcycle? It's really bugging me.
        Does anybody have a screencap? Or know where I can look for one?

Wendy
        Hugs
        That is the Curse...Absolutely positive about it!!!!
        screencap of it but put it in spoiler for size
        Spoiler:

Edit to add: it is official I am slow lol...but at least I am the first with a screencap

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73
          Thanks for this info. I don't think I've ever written any kind of letter about a show, but I might put my two cents in there.
          Meh. It's never a big deal really, I guess. Everyone has their own opinions. I'd say most of the Atlantis fans are dealing with it better than perhaps other fans would be. And I understand their issues, too. We'll see how it all works out!

Also, I can't green you again so soon, but I love the WICKED sig. I've probably greened you a bunch of times for your sigs.
          Thanks for that, mc73! That was really nice! The sigs are really nothing to sneeze at. Pretty lame really. But I'm a fan of "themes" and of uniting the sometimes neglected women of Stargate. And I somewhat like the idea of knowing that I did them myself, rather than snurching them from Lys, RoX, Forever or any of the other talented, generous folk around here (though I still do that!).

Just poppin' in to say:

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Couple of years ago, I couldn't have imagined a more positive, wonderful group of people to share with. You guys have all been a real inspiration to me (and continue to be!); you've helped me through a tough year (whether you know it or not), and I'm so blessed to know you all.

Hugs & Love!!

Awwww. So feelin' the love, mini! Right back at ya. Your sense of humor, generosity, insight, hospitality and just completely cool outlook on life is so appreciated around these parts. *sniff* So glad you decided to join us when you did. *sniff, sniff*

(((mini[the really cool]geek)))

Originally posted by LaCroix
          Oooh, an adrenaline junkie, eh? I like the idea of going fast on a bike, but I've always been really weary of motorcycles because of the lack of protection. It's kinda like heights. I'm cool in rollercoasters and airplanes, but the idea of skydiving, or of being in a hot air balloon, is rather scary to me.

Are Harley's big bikes or smaller ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth View Post
            It's Jack focused ep isn't it? Something to do with the Asgard? I can't remember the name but I know the scenes you're talking about. They're on downtime and Sam stays on base to play with the bike.

Sorry probably not helpful.

No need to apologise, I truly appreciate the effort. And since I couldn't remember either... well.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            The Curse. Teal'c and Jack went fishing and Sam worked on her Indian with Siler.
            Originally posted by LaCroix View Post

I loved that Sam said she a a few projects on the go. It to me was a play on words, this was a way to get her to where her projects were.

See Forever's post.
            You guys ROCK! Thank you so much. It's all coming back to me now. I remember, it's the episode where Jack asks her if she wants to go fishing and he ends up taking Teal'c. LOL.

Originally posted by gater88 View Post
            Thanks everyone!

I love it here already!

And i will try to post often... but I'm not very good at I'm afraid
            Good? Psh, no need to be good. I

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            <snip, sorry RepliCarterje, )

That is the Curse...Absolutely positive about it!!!!
            screencap of it but put it in spoiler for size
            Spoiler:

Edit to add: it is official I am slow lol...but at least I am the first with a screencap
            THANK YOU! And excellent screencap. Very helpful and not slow at all . I wanted to make a wallpaper and that's a great image to use.

Wendy
            Hugs
            Last edited by m_wendy_r; 10 February 2007, 09:28 AM.
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

regarding the speculation on Sanctuary;
              Spoiler:

i'm guessing since amanda is originally from essex, and jack the ripper was from that general area too, that her accent in sanctuary will probably be an east london one.

although i'd say the accent may be slightly diluted if the show is set in the present, and in america. maybe it'll be a highlander (and buffy) type thing where she's got a london accent in flashbacks and a more american (or even canadian) or mixed american/london accent in the present.

the show does sound pretty interesting though. i'm still curious as to if its going to be streaming video (which it sounds like it will be) or downloadable. and if we have to pay per episode, or subscribe per season, or if it'll rely on advertising on the site and the show would be free (which i doubt, because i don't think there's enough business in that to make their money back yet).

this is all very interesting. and i was thinking earlier, this will probably get amanda her third guiness book of records mention, for doing the first internet tv show.

awesomeness all round for me.

personally i love this type of mixed genre stuff. and i have faith in amanda and martin wood (and damian kindler too but to a slightly lesser extent) to do this really well.

Comment

Just poppin' in to say:

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Hugs & Love!!

(((((((mini(the well-loved by Samandans)geek)))))))
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post

See Forever's post.
                  I remember hearing it was an Indian. Yeh, I think it was in the audio commentary.
                  Last edited by kes; 09 February 2007, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Can someone some up everything we , by we I mean you guys lol, about Sanctuary?
                    Cos its a lot os pages to catch-up

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterFan View Post

just looking at this picture, you KNOW amanda had to have been an adorable child! i sooooo want to see a pic of her as a little girl.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        just looking at this picture, you KNOW amanda had to have been an adorable child! i sooooo want to see a pic of her as a little girl.

sally

No matter how many times i've watched the eps where her House is involved, I have not been able to see the picture of her and her twin brother as little babies that she's always claimed is there. My print screen skills are just not up to par for such a task *sob*
                        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                          Can someone some up everything we , by we I mean you guys lol, about Sanctuary?
                          Cos its a lot os pages to catch-up
                          I think there isn't muched know only the site of sanctuary and the GW article and then an urban rush interview on youtube that you can find here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOytcEz4ME
                          Hope this helps you a bit

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                            I remember hearing it was an Indian. Yeh, I think it was in the audio commentary.
                            Yep, Sam likes the classics--like her 1961 Volvo.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                              Don't forget the drop cloth to protect the carpet.
                              I really thought that dropcloth would be somewhere else.

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Yep, Sam likes the classics--like her 1961 Volvo.
                                That car was brilliant...I am not that fond on cars for me as long as they drive...I am happy lol...but that one was just AMAZING!!!
                                I was so sad that they ditched him
                                And that we never saw Sam on a motorcycle still waiting on that one Cause we know she loves that...so when are we going to see her on it???

Comment

Working...
                                X