Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    No no no mooses!!!! there is not a moose on the loose eh???

***runs away from the moose***

Why does these mooses always follow me

OK that was again to late Mandy...Again I have a headacke from a moose that was thrown at me

Caption this:
    Are you sure you want to try the mini-beard again, Teal'c?

(yay to pictures & captions--one of my favorite Samanda features )

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      ooh, here's a spoof idea
      Spoiler:
      stargate csi - solving the criminal cases of the universe
      LOL! I was talking to people at work yesterday and we were johning around about where CSI could take place. One said London. I said CSI:Hogsmeade.

To be on topic:
      Spoiler:
      Stargate Indiana Jones: Well, the storylines are the same but the costumes would be different...

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
        Me neither. SciFi knew this would be the end. I just wish they would have made the announcement at the end of 9 that 10 would be the end. They didn't have to ruin Mandy's birthday!

I just can't wait to see what AT does next. (Obviously, she'd better be in the SG1 movie, but I want to see her do another series or a major motion picture.)
        I agree and it would have been nice if Scifi had at least let the cast enjoy their party and for us fans to have enjoyed "200" for a little longer, although i'm from the UK and will have to wait a little while to see it!
        I really do want to see SG1 in movies, just not ready to let go yet and yes it would be great to see Amanda in a strong role.
        I saw the trailer "Stuck" a while ago and to see her in that type of role was something else.
        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
          I agree and it would have been nice if Scifi had at least let the cast enjoy their party and for us fans to have enjoyed "200" for a little longer, although i'm from the UK and will have to wait a little while to see it!
          I really do want to see SG1 in movies, just not ready to let go yet and yes it would be great to see Amanda in a strong role.
          I saw the trailer "Stuck" a while ago and to see her in that type of role was something else.
          What strikes me about Amanda is that beyond her obvious external and internal beauty and grace, she is one of those rare creatures who can play such an amazingly broad range of characters. I am continually amazed by her...both professionally as an actress and as a person.

In my mind, she is akin to Dustin Hoffman and Michael Keaton...someone who can do both slapstick and nuanced comedy and serious drama/angst. But even beyond that, she has the ability to be the science nerd...which I can't imagine either of those two giants to do well. Make no bones about it...being able to properly technobabble is a gift and Amanda has it. (Note to whomever hires her in the future: Please don't lock her in the science/geek box though. Her talent has such range. She has wings...please let her fly.)

Professionally, she's an action hero/comedian/drama queen with a splash of geek. Personally, she's a lovely woman, a gracious friend and a caring wife and mother.

Have we picked the right fandom, or what?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Caption this:
            I don't believe it, I missed the "Vote Now" period again!!! Darn dial-up - I wish the SGC would get broadband like everybody else...

Comment

i was doing some random surfing around the net and ended up going to a site that I go to to find stills for upcoming episodes. (http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/index.html)

i'm putting it in spoiler tags because it's kind of a big picture. it's not from an episode.

Spoiler:

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
              My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
              My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
              My Stargate Videos
              It's meant to be!

Comment

yep, that's the apple of AT's eye (alan's too) and bonne hammer
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Hey, hey watch it Deejay
                  no trying to pass yourself off as a Canadian eh

p.s. no worries about the birthday afterall it came on the same day as that horrible news
                  What Canadianish thing did I say? Remember how close I live to the border-some of your culture can't help but seep in ya know!

Happy birthday belatedly anyway. I still should have said something earlier!

Now-as this is my 900th post, I have to say something profound and Sammish.

Hmmm.

I'm very impressed by the following Sam has. I've been re-doing my LJ layout, and as a result been following links to links to links to links for ideas, and assistance. In reading other journals I find so many people not from Samanda who adore Sam, no matter how much they like/dislike SG1 these days, no matter how they feel about other characters, no matter how much I agree with them on any other aspect of the show, it seems there is a lot of common ground to be found via Sam!

Comment

Caption this:
                    "Uhm Cam...your Goa'uld needs work. Kel'tek'uhr does not mean chocolate pudding!"

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      What strikes me about Amanda is that beyond her obvious external and internal beauty and grace, she is one of those rare creatures who can play such an amazingly broad range of characters. I am continually amazed by her...both professionally as an actress and as a person....

(Note to whomever hires her in the future: Please don't lock her in the science/geek box though. Her talent has such range. She has wings...please let her fly.)
                      Can't green ya Oooober, but well said. I particularly think the part I highlighted is a beautiful way to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Can't green ya Oooober, but well said. I particularly think the part I highlighted is a beautiful way to put it.
                        You know where that thought came from?

You'll laugh.

It came from that scene in It Could Happen to You.

Muriel: "I have wings...I need to fly."

The context of that scene was negative, as she was expressing her desire to live a more upwardly mobile life with the upper crust of society and not just as a poor housewife.

My usage for Amanda was entirely positive and was intended to be more poetic and lovely and...stuff. (I have such a way with words, don't I?)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
                          i was doing some random surfing around the net and ended up going to a site that I go to to find stills for upcoming episodes. (http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/index.html)

i'm putting it in spoiler tags because it's kind of a big picture. it's not from an episode.

Spoiler:
                          I like that Amanda looks so happy these days. Her smile is so infectious, I can't help but grin when I see a picture of her like that.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

A Very Happy Birthday to MajorSam!!!

May this (5th ) year bring a lot of joyfull things forward.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              Originally posted by ReganX
                              After hearing Mitchell's description of the mission to P5Q-147, Sam decided that she was never letting SG-1 offworld without her supervision again.

Fortunately, Landry agreed.
                              Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Ohhh is that the mission where Cam drank that alien stuff and ended up taking off his .....
                              No, the one where Cam and Teal'c were adopted by a tribe of Munchkin-sized warriors, Vala unknowingly signed up for a nunnery and Daniel found himself married to a rosebush.
                              ROTFLMAO!
                              Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              What strikes me about Amanda is that beyond her obvious external and internal beauty and grace, she is one of those rare creatures who can play such an amazingly broad range of characters. I am continually amazed by her...both professionally as an actress and as a person.

In my mind, she is akin to Dustin Hoffman and Michael Keaton...someone who can do both slapstick and nuanced comedy and serious drama/angst. But even beyond that, she has the ability to be the science nerd...which I can't imagine either of those two giants to do well. Make no bones about it...being able to properly technobabble is a gift and Amanda has it. (Note to whomever hires her in the future: Please don't lock her in the science/geek box though. Her talent has such range. She has wings...please let her fly.)

Professionally, she's an action hero/comedian/drama queen with a splash of geek. Personally, she's a lovely woman, a gracious friend and a caring wife and mother.

Have we picked the right fandom, or what?
                              Wonderful post, Ooober! Tried to rep you, but was scolded by the GW jellofridge gatekeeper that I'd been in there too often recently!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                                I don't believe it, I missed the "Vote Now" period again!!! Darn dial-up - I wish the SGC would get broadband like everybody else...
                                hey look, it's samanda post 51000
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X