Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAJORSAM

looks like Sam is ready for the party...

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      Amanda is in first place at celeeb, but she'll need lots of votes if she is to hold that spot until the end of the month.

Please help.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
      and since this is her birthday month, it would be even more special for her to win AGAIN.

yes, tomorrow's miss amanda's birthday

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        and since this is her birthday month, it would be even more special for her to win AGAIN.

yes, tomorrow's miss amanda's birthday

sally
        Well actually it is today for me But since she lives in Canada I will be waiting till it is really there the 28th of August!!! We don't want to make her any older eh

Comment

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for the birthday wishes! It means a lot to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
            A Very Happy Birthday to MajorSam!!!

May this (5th ) year bring a lot of joyfull things forward.
            Could someone please confirm that it is in fact MajorSam's birthday today? I seem to have her mistakenly listed as the 4th of January. If I'm wrong I'd like to correct it.

It is, however, Amanda's birthday on the 28th .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              Could someone please confirm that it is in fact MajorSam's birthday today? I seem to have her mistakenly listed as the 4th of January. If I'm wrong I'd like to correct it.

It is, however, Amanda's birthday on the 28th .

I've got the same date as you for MajorSam's birthday, deepspace, but I see that she's got the 28th listed as her bday on GW. Since the year given is 2001, I'm guessing that it might have just a little something to do with her love of AT and Sam.

Here's her post from Janurary 4th, which might give us a hint.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=24245

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                I've got the same date as you for MajorSam's birthday, deepspace, but I see that she's got the 28th listed as her bday on GW. Since the year given is 2001, I'm guessing that it might have just a little something to do with her love of AT and Sam.

Here's her post from Janurary 4th, which might give us a hint.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=24245

NC
                Ah, now I understand Lizlove's comment about "this 5th year". Thankyou for clearing that up for me.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Hey guys & gals, I know this is not the right thread … but this where I spend most of my time when I come online, so here goes. If I need to delete the post let me know.

I have a very short fic only 5 pages long told from Cassie’s point of view about a year after Hero’s. Anyone interested in beta reading it? It's set in S8 and kind of setting up the reason why I think Cassie was having problems and
                  Spoiler:
                  in s9 Sam left the SGC to go help her. Although, I still don't think Sam would have left the SGC, but I wanted some type of explanation.
                  Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 27 August 2006, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Sorry this post is so very Off Topic, but I am absolutely in love with this at the moment and really wanted to share, also with the hopes of asking our resident Geologist if she knows any more detailed information about it.
                    Spoiler:

Google Earth screencap

World Wind screencap

This has to be the single most stunning formation I have found so far on Google Earth and NASA World Wind (internet based satellite image programs covering the whole globe).

Latitude: 21.13697°
                    Longitude: -11.30761°

The formation is called the Richat structure, and is located in the Sahara desert in Mauritania.
                    It looks amazing from space, and there are some great highres satellite images.

Landsat Image
                    Aster Image

It gets even more interesting when you look at the elevation.
                    Spoiler:

World Wind screencap

Views of the Earth--Richat
                    NASA/JPL
                    The Richat Structure

The Richat structure was once thought to be an impact crater from a meteorite. It’s relatively flat middle and lack of shock-altered rock suggests otherwise. It’s also possible that it was formed by volcanic eruption, though there is no dome of igneous rock. The current theory is that it is formed by symmetrical uplift (circular anticline) and subsequent erosion.
                    An anticline is basically rock layers folded to form a convex arch. Rocks in an eroded anticline are progressively older towards the centre of the fold.

Diagram of circular anticline

The ring structures are formed because of bands of erosion resistant quartzite, creating ridges, and inbetween are valleys of less-resisatant rock.

Unfortunately that’s all that I’ve managed to glean from doing some general searching, I would really like some more in-depth information but am not sure where to look.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                      Hey guys & gals, I know this is not the right thread … but this where I spend most of my time when I come online, so here goes. If I need to delete the post let me know.

I have a very short fic only 5 pages long told from Cassie’s point of view about a year after Hero’s. Anyone interested in beta reading it? It's set in S8 and kind of setting up the reason why I think Cassie was having problems and
                      Spoiler:
                      in s9 Sam left the SGC to go help her. Although, I still don't think Sam would have left the SGC, but I wanted some type of explanation.
                      Next to my post yours looks right at home here ann . I'm a bit worried now, maybe I should delete mine.

What does beta reading involve? Proofreading for spelling/grammar and for any contnuity mistakes? If it's only five pages I might be able help, though there are plenty of fanfic experts around here who would probably be pleased to assist you .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                        Next to my post yours looks right at home here ann . I'm a bit worried now, maybe I should delete mine.

What does beta reading involve? Proofreading for spelling/grammar and for any contnuity mistakes? If it's only five pages I might be able help, though there are plenty of fanfic experts around here who would probably be pleased to assist you .
                        Actually I thought your post was very interesting!! If this was a picture the UAV sent back I could see Sam being excited. She would be ready to get a closer look at this anomaly. So while I’m only here occasionally I think you should definitely keep your post!

Comment

Psst! chelle db We just figured out it's not MajorSam's birthday, but I won't tell anyone if you don't
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hello Amanda Fans! You guys look like you are a very Large Group.
                            We Are Hathor!
                            Bow Before Your Goddess!

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor! Your Goddess!
                              Hello Amanda Fans! You guys look like you are a very Large Group.
                              Hello! And yes, there are many Samandans!

Comment

WOW, looks like you guys found every possible thing to talk about Amanda Tapping. I sure hope they are able to continue SG-1, if not, I hope we see AT in another great series.
                                We Are Hathor!
                                Bow Before Your Goddess!

Comment

Working...
                                X