Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz
    Poor Mandy, I hope this news doesn't spoil your birthday.

Happy Birthday Mandy !
    LOL, and what a birthday surprise it was

Thanks for the birthday wish Poz
    at least I'll always get the trivia question right on what date SG1 was cancelled
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
      I see the news has hit here already...

Someone has started an online petition to save the show if anyone would like to sign

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
      Holy crap. 1700+ sigs. :|

I'm sad to see the show going like this. However, I'm not sure I want to sign the petition. Still, it's great to see the series' fans rally together in support of the show.

And... double wow at last Friday's GW record being trumped by this afternoon's news.

I think I'm a bit shocked at the news, but I'm also oddly relieved. Sci Fi ruined this show, so it's only fitting that it leaves it now, I suppose. My only real concern is for the cast and crew of Atlantis. Gee, I wonder what kind of Faustian pact Cooper and Wright had to make to keep control of it?

Also, I think it was a bit classless for WHOEVER it was who "leaked" the info to do it on the Monday after the 200th ep. Maybe it's for the best.

Then again, maybe it's a test to see how much staying power the show really has? I'm sure MGM'll be pleased to see such fervor in Stargate's favor.

Comment

Darren has already talked to RCC:
        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...ll_go_on.shtml

Comment

What does this mean for Sam? Well, she's already made a few appearances on Atlantis (tied in more than anyone else), so I could easily see TPTB getting Amanda in for a few guest appearances now and then. There's also the movie/mini-series which I'd say is an almost certainty. And Amanda has mentioned just recently that she had 'something else' lined up, so no doubt she's going to be busy.

I'm not surprised or dissapointed by this. I mean sure, no more regular Sam/Amanda , but at the end of the day SG1 had to end sometime and I guess now is the time.

Long live Sam/Amanda!

Comment

Before my heart is completely broken, I want to thank Amanda for making Friday night such a treat for all these years!
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Thank you Amanda

For 10 years of playing the
              Strongest, most intelligent, role models scifi has ever given us!
              I salute you
              and wish you the best of luck with your next endeavours
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Just read this on another site. I hope they are just rumors. As bad as the writers screw things up I still like my fix of Sam Carter saving the day, blowing things up, and techno bable supreme.

"According to various reports, the Sci Fi Channel has cancelled Stargate SG-1. According to Multichannel News: "People close to the production of Stargate SG-1 said Sci Fi Channel canceled the series on the eve of its 200th episode, which aired last Friday night, making the show the first cable scripted series to reach such a milestone. The announcement came in sometime before cast, crew and executives gathered to celebrate the historic airing at a Saturday-evening bash held at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia, where the series is shot." Meanwhile, sister series Stargate Atlantis has apparently been renewed for a fourth season."

If it is cancelled maybe she'll go to Stargate Atlantis and still be entertaining us.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer
                  Just read this on another site. I hope they are just rumors. As bad as the writers screw things up I still like my fix of Sam Carter saving the day, blowing things up, and techno bable supreme.

"According to various reports, the Sci Fi Channel has cancelled Stargate SG-1. According to Multichannel News: "People close to the production of Stargate SG-1 said Sci Fi Channel canceled the series on the eve of its 200th episode, which aired last Friday night, making the show the first cable scripted series to reach such a milestone. The announcement came in sometime before cast, crew and executives gathered to celebrate the historic airing at a Saturday-evening bash held at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia, where the series is shot." Meanwhile, sister series Stargate Atlantis has apparently been renewed for a fourth season."

If it is cancelled maybe she'll go to Stargate Atlantis and still be entertaining us.
                  Scifi channel confirmed it. The artical is on gateworlds home page.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

At the end of last weeks show when the original four where walking up the ramp. I got a little teary-eyed and hoped that soon that there might be more of that. Sad to say, it wont be next year.

Thank You Amanda for 10 years playing Sam Carter.

Comment

WOW, wow wow - stop press!!!! What's going on????? I come on to the thread for the first time in forever and the first thing I see is a post about the show been cancelled! Since when? Is it for real? I haven't had internet access in forever so I'm completely in the dark here people! Somebody fill me in? Please?
                      Royal Page of Samanda
                      "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                        WOW, wow wow - stop press!!!! What's going on????? I come on to the thread for the first time in forever and the first thing I see is a post about the show been cancelled! Since when? Is it for real? I haven't had internet access in forever so I'm completely in the dark here people! Somebody fill me in? Please?
                        yes, it's been cancelled. it's on gw's front page and there's a long and quickly moving thread over in the news section
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Omg...I'm completely shocked. I think I'm gonna cry.
                          Royal Page of Samanda
                          "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Gotta go to bed, but I spotted this on my way out and wanted to share it. It's a statement Sci Fi issued this evening. It indicates that they will be allowed to complete the season...but we still need to write, e-mail, etc.:

"Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

If they're making 215, that would finish out the season, right? Or since 200 was 10-06, does that mean we'll get 21 eps this season?

Y'all figure it out. I'll check back in tomorrow.

And before I go, if she's checking in tonight:

Thank you,
                            Amanda Tapping,
                            for 10 years of a wonderful character!
                            Come on down to the U.S. There's a prime time show
                            waiting for you here! I'm sure of it!

Good night, Samanda!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              If they're making 215, that would finish out the season, right? Or since 200 was 10-06, does that mean we'll get 21 eps this season?
                              lol, I was just thinking the same thing. Its possible someone just mucked up their maths of course, but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                lol, I was just thinking the same thing. Its possible someone just mucked up their maths of course, but who knows?
                                Yeah, well, great minds and all that.

Or maybe it's 20.....and the folks at Skiffy can't do their math.

Gone to bed. Back tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X