• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    have web space?
    make the site?
    run the graphics part?
    1. Nope, sorry.
    2. Basic html and css skills only. Making my LJ and the ballet school site were nightmare enough! Sorry.
    3. Now this I guess I could do
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

well, if we had a Samanda site, we could theoretically do both

a ficathon and a graphicathon

people would have to sign up for both and we'd need two people to run them, one for fic, one for graphics

and then someone needs to have the html and site making capabiltiies to make the pages

I have no issue running the ficathon, is there someone to

have web space?
      make the site?
      run the graphics part?
      Happy to take part in a Secret Santa ficathon which I think is a great idea but I have no web space, no web skills and no graphic skills. Hmmm. Pretty useless all in all!
      sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

I am willing to be an assistant for the fanfic, as long as the head honcho tells me how to do it

Hmmm? Where's Ooooober when we need her
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

the premise of a ficathon is that each person submits

what i want, what i don't want
          what i will write, what i won't write

and then you match them up, swap them around and people write fic for each other

In the case of graphics i can imagine you'd go

what i want (lj icon, lj banner, wallapaper) and maybe specify color and general guidelines (i want sam in her dress uni in shades of blue) or a specific saying/phrase/attitude

then what you're willing to make

the graphics will be a bit more technical, limits on pixels and file sizes, but shouldn't be too hard
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

the premise of a ficathon is that each person submits

what i want, what i don't want
            what i will write, what i won't write

and then you match them up, swap them around and people write fic for each other

In the case of graphics i can imagine you'd go

what i want (lj icon, lj banner, wallapaper) and maybe specify color and general guidelines (i want sam in her dress uni in shades of blue) or a specific saying/phrase/attitude

then what you're willing to make

the graphics will be a bit more technical, limits on pixels and file sizes, but shouldn't be too hard
            Hmmm, I think what I'd be tempted to do with the graphicathon (is that a word? It is now!) is to do it as:

What I want: eg set of 4 lj icons, wallpaper, lj banner, sig banner, video
            Guidelines: Colour and theme (eg Emancipation theme, Team theme). If you specify too much then there isn't a lot left for the maker's creativity.

The one thing with the graphics is where we would host them. I have a free webspace I could probably host them on, because photobucket etc have a maximum filesize that doesn't allow for walls etc. If they are hosted on the individual's site, then it's often a giveaway as to who the creator is.

Comment

Happy Birthday SamFan31. Also to anyone else I missed this month.

Comment

Well I would love to help with the graphicathon (yes TJ from now on it is a word) but I have no skills if it goes on making websites and stuff like that...I really am a noob...I am already glad that I can post on GW and post pictures and so on...
                But if there is some preparation to do like the people who join and what they want and who makes what for who...I would love to help...
                But I think there are Samandans out there that can do a better job than I so... But if you need help...just ask me!!

And I agree with TJ on it don't narrow it to much down cause than there is not a lot of creativity...I mean just say what you like or really dislike with it and than let the person who has to make something do his thing...I think we will all be plesantly surprised

And can't we host them on a LJ or something like that?? I really don't know cause I have no idea about that but...I think there is a place out there were we can host things...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                  Well I would love to help with the graphicathon (yes TJ from now on it is a word) but I have no skills if it goes on making websites and stuff like that...I really am a noob...I am already glad that I can post on GW and post pictures and so on...
                  But if there is some preparation to do like the people who join and what they want and who makes what for who...I would love to help...
                  But I think there are Samandans out there that can do a better job than I so... But if you need help...just ask me!!

And I agree with TJ on it don't narrow it to much down cause than there is not a lot of creativity...I mean just say what you like or really dislike with it and than let the person who has to make something do his thing...I think we will all be plesantly surprised

And can't we host them on a LJ or something like that?? I really don't know cause I have no idea about that but...I think there is a place out there were we can host things...
                  Hosting things on LJ itself requires a paid account and even then, your filespace is fairly limited. At the moment, I think it might work best to get a freeweb account or something like that, where we can host the images and then just link them into the livejournal. We've got a bit of time to work on the logistics, whatever happens.

Comment

have web space?
                    make the site?
                    run the graphics part?
                    1. if some people work together then I'm sure we could figure something out, we should ask around or like TJ said about having a freeweb account and I know you have a webspace too if you have a Yahoo account
                    2. for the site we could ask Myrth and Ooober, I think they have some experience with it
                    3. I'm interested in that one but I'm not sure I'm qualified enough for it though

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                      1. if some people work together then I'm sure we could figure something out, we should ask around or like TJ said about having a freeweb account and I know you have a webspace too if you have a Yahoo account
                      2. for the site we could ask Myrth and Ooober, I think they have some experience with it
                      3. I'm interested in that one but I'm not sure I'm qualified enough for it though
                      Well, although I'm sure Ooobs or Myrth would love to help, I know for a fact that the two of them are very busy ladies, so don't be disappointed if they say no

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Well, although I'm sure Ooobs or Myrth would love to help, I know for a fact that the two of them are very busy ladies, so don't be disappointed if they say no
                        No no. I know they are but we could ask them for some information on how doing it. I'm sure we could figure it out but then again it won't be easy.
                        They don't have to do it, just guide us from time to time. Or explain the esentials.
                        I have a good friend who owns a site, maybe I could ask some help.

Comment

Hey all!

I'm back from London... I had a looong moment of indecision in Forbidden Planet but I eventually decided on the illustrated companion for seasons 1&2 Hey, how come there's no Carter action figure? They had Jack, Daniel and a serpant guard... strangeness...

I'm wrecked and have a killer headache though... anyone care to please update me on the last few days please? I just haven't the energy to go back through the thread... sorry!

Just saw Grace on tv.... WOW to Amanda in that episode.... *worships* I was SO happy to see it at last...

Comment

I have webspace. Plenty for stories... maybe not so much for large amounts of graphics, though.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose
                              Hey all!

I'm back from London... I had a looong moment of indecision in Forbidden Planet but I eventually decided on the illustrated companion for seasons 1&2 Hey, how come there's no Carter action figure? They had Jack, Daniel and a serpant guard... strangeness...
                              Glad you had a good time.

Wave one of the action figures included a couple of Jacks, Daniel and a serpent guard. Wave two will have Carter, Replicarter and Teal'c

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                I have webspace. Plenty for stories... maybe not so much for large amounts of graphics, though.
                                Yeah, this is the thing. Graphics take up a hell of a lot of space

Comment

Working...
                                X