Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

As for Browder and Black, I honestly believe that if there is a third spin-off, that they were always intended to be a part of it. However, with all the new talk about a Farscape project in the works that may change as well. They are both very talented actors and I'm sure they won't have any trouble finding other parts if that is the case.
    you know, i think it would be funny as heck if, as some have speculated, vala and cam were always meant to be in the 'third incarnation' and the execs at skiffy rigged sg1 to get canned so that they could have their third incarnation...only to have browder and black say 'sorry charlie' and head back to do farscape 2

I think - presuming there was any sort of manipulations and conspiracies - to have skiffy gamble, kill a show and come out a loser all the way around
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm in shock, I truly don't know what to say......
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

on the upside

we had 10 great years of sam, the potential to get some sam on atlantis and the very real possibility that AT is already working on bigger and better things
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I see RCC says SG isn't dead & will likely go on in some way. Hmm. With the talk that the principal cast signed 2 year contracts, does that mean that AT could be sucked into some lame*** new incarnation of Stargate against her will? As much as I love AT, I'd hope for any involvement to make good use of her time. I'd hate to see other options closed off b/c of SG contract issues.
          Then on the other hand, why worry--she's not a "shiny new cast member."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            I see RCC says SG isn't dead & will likely go on in some way. Hmm. With the talk that the principal cast signed 2 year contracts, does that mean that AT could be sucked into some lame*** new incarnation of Stargate against her will? As much as I love AT, I'd hope for any involvement to make good use of her time. I'd hate to see other options closed off b/c of SG contract issues.
            Then on the other hand, why worry--she's not a "shiny new cast member."
            I would hope that their lawyers would be smart enough to give the actors an out clause, in case of cancellation...it would only make sense, seeing as the actors probably saw the writing on the wall with this being the last season
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hmm....I'm really sad about the show ending. I'm not surprised, but not ready to say goodbye quite yet. Maybe a movie or mini-series? A decent closure is all I want. I do thank Amanda for 10 amazing years as Sam, but I just can't let go! I love the Sam character. I don't know how I feel, so I'll just slink away....

Comment

I want to see Sam continue on as well and like you said i'm not ready to let her or Jack or Daniel or Teal'c go just yet, even if we don't get to see them all together again i do want to see their continuing journey, they hav'nt reached the end of the road yet!
                Although for each of them the future is calling but just maybe along the way they could just stop by once in a while and show us what Sam, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c have been up to.
                ......TARA......

Comment

Over the years, science fiction crew have been very clever in their use of 'found objects' to substitute for futuristic gizmos and gadgets. SG-1 has been no exception. So, anyone wanna hazard a guess as to (200 spoiler)
                  Spoiler:

What The Heck Is That Carter AT Has Sticking Out Of Her Ear?

And I have more questions here....
                  Feed Me!
                  Last edited by DEM; 22 August 2006, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    i thought it was supposed to be some furturistic pen. <shrug>

i was going to take a crack at the L&Os, but i have no idea how to write them.
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                      Over the years, science fiction crew have been very clever in their use of 'found objects' to substitute for futuristic gizmos and gadgets. SG-1 has been no exception. So, anyone wanna hazard a guess as to (200 spoiler)
                      Spoiler:
                      http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../cdrcarter.jpg
                      What The Heck Is That Carter Has Sticking Out Of Her Ear?

And I have more questions here....
                      Feed Me!
                      Why Dem you mean you don't know *shakes head*

Spoiler:
                      She's supposed to be Uhura (sp?) from Star Trek, so it has to be a communication device...or its a way to block out Cam's voice
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yes, Maaaaaaaaaandy, I know it's
                        Spoiler:
                        supposed to be a communication device, but what is it really? IOW, what is sticking out of Amanda Tapping's ear?!

danged if it don't look like a metal lizard brooch!

ParaReal, don't sweat the descriptions; just scribble something vaguely comprehensible.

Comment

Hi all,

just found THIS on SG1-solutions.com. I'm getting more and more out of the crisis from this morning (here, over in Germany it's 11:35 PM). I get more and more hope...but also it's getting more and more difficult to imagine, that we will see Amanda in the role of Sam just about (if we are lucky) 20 episodes anymore.

Hope the best!

Mick

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

<spite>migod, every time i look at that banner i laff til it hurts</spite>

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by DEM
                              ParaReal, don't sweat the descriptions; just scribble something vaguely comprehensible.
                              exactly. some crazy pen thing. or maybe a nose hair trimmer.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                Spoiler:

What The Heck Is That Carter Has Sticking Out Of Her Ear?
                                Spoiler:
                                OH! - Thanks, DEM - I knew I left my butterfly-remote somewhere...

scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X