No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lúthien Palat?*r or Lúthien Inglorion? Funny if I use my full name it only changes my last elf name.

Comment

elf name:Lessien Telemmaitë
      hobbit name: Camellia Underhill of Frogmorton

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
        elf name:Lessien Telemmaitë
        hobbit name: Camellia Underhill of Frogmorton
        How do you find the hobbit name?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Spoilers for 200 on request. Only a quick translation, I'm afraid, but most of it is quoted from other sources anyway, to be fair.

Spoiler:
          Summary:
          Martin Lloyd asks the SGC and SG-1 team for help when he gets stuck preparing for the feature film based on his one time TV series "Wormhole X-Treme".

Details:
          Richard Dean Anderson, former frontman and producer for Stargate will return for the hit series' 200th episode. This is what the US Sci-Fi channel has revealed so far. He will reprise his role as General Jack O'Neill - not only in this episode, but also in other season ten episodes and some Atlantis season 3 episodes. Anderson told his official website that he would appear in five episodes this year. This wonderful development took place during the filming of Rick's appearance of the 200th episode. It was then that the powers that be astked Rick to make more guest appearances in order to tie up loose ends.

SC-1 and the SGC are asked to be the Air Force Advisors for a feature film based on a TV series "Wormhole X-Treme". Martin Lloyd comes back to ask for help on the film following successful DVD sales of the three episodes of the cancelled show.

The team are reluctant to work with Martin, particularly Mitchell, whose thoughts are more focused on his next off world adventure, which would be his 200th trip through the gate. Due to technical problems, the team are forced to remain on Earth and help Lloyd. The Pentagon's opinion is that a good SciFi film about wormhole travel would be a perfect way to keep the Stargate programme a secret.

The resulting brainstorming session leads to a team discussion on what makes a good SciFi film. Starting with "Wizard of Oz" and "Star Trek" references about a young and unexperiences SG-1 team through to a wedding in which Gen. O'Neill makes his return, there is something for everyone. see footnote

Fans will remember "Wormhole X-Treme" from the 100th episode in the fifth season. When the team tell their ideas for the film, they maintain that the reality is far stranger than Hollywood Science Fiction. The role of Lloyd will be reprised by Willie Garson, and as Brad Wright told Gateworld "He's coming back to complete the circle. [...] We must now help him with his film."

Gateworld also confirmed in their production details, that Anderson's role is not just a small guest role, but a key role. "It's pretty funny," Wright said about the episode which the entire writing team have collaberated on. "Everyone of use have written a piece, and mine is the craziest of them all. Fans are going to love it or hate it. [...] Every 100 episodes, in my opinion, one should think a little outside the box. " And that's exactly what this episode promises to do. "We have one seen where we meet a 'Team America' version of SG-1. We're becoming puppets!

Michael Shanks says about the 200th Episode "I would say that it's going to be very different from Wormhole X-treme. Naturally we're going to take the mickey out of ourselves. We'll also be seeing an old face that has been sorely missed." (Michael Shanks on Sci-Fi talk)

Don S. Davies will also appear in season ten of Stargate SG-1 in his role as General George Hammond. It is not yet known in which episodes he will appear, but it is thought that he will be among the guest stars in the 200th episode.

Footnote: Interestingly, the word I've translated as "makes his appearence" at the wedding, can also be translated as "to ring in".
          Spoiler:

200 trips through the gate? Mitchell's been a busy boy hasn't he?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
            Spoiler:

200 trips through the gate? Mitchell's been a busy boy hasn't he?
            Spoiler:
            Yeah, considering they hardly even show the gate anymore. At any rate, I can't wait for this ep!

Comment

Originally posted by kes
              LOL
              Spoiler:
              By the dress and the tend like thing she's in I'm more incline to a Lord of the Rings homage type thing.
              Can anyone see her hears? Are they pointy??LOL
              Spoiler:
              I'm thinking Lord of the Rings too. She definitely has a Galadrial look, and those people sitting around her could be hobbits. Sneakily, they've covered up their feet and ears, so you can't tell for sure.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Ooh. My Hobbit name is: Melilot Danderfluff of Willowbottom and my Elf name is: Maranwë Calmcacil. Maranwë Calmcacil sure sounds cooler than Mary Beth House, hey?

Yadda Danderfluff of Willbottom. *snickers*

I love these kinds of things.
                Okay. This is weird. My elf name and hobbit name come up exactly the same as yours, and my real name's not even close to yours.
                sigpic

Comment

Okay. This is weird. My elf name and hobbit name come up exactly the same as yours, and my real name's not even close to yours.
                  The converter thingy is c*ap!LOL
                  It should be like the Jedi name where you take stuff from you name and city and voilá!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    Spoiler:
                    Nobody but nobody can be Dorothy except Sam. "Hail Dorothy."
                    Absolutely. I agree 100%. And especially because
                    Spoiler:
                    nobody can be the Scarecrow but Jack, and we all know that Dorothy loved the Scarecrow the best.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooh. My Hobbit name is: Melilot Danderfluff of Willowbottom and my Elf name is: Maranwë Calmcacil. Maranwë Calmcacil sure sounds cooler than Mary Beth House, hey?

Yadda Danderfluff of Willbottom. *snickers*

I love these kinds of things.

ELF
                      Using my full name: Lúthien Ancal?*mon
                      Using my nick name: Celebriän Ancal?*mon
                      Using Sun Krux: Galadriël Táralóm

Hobbit
                      Using my full name: Rosie-Posie Loamsdown
                      Using my nick name: Orangeblossom Loamsdown
                      Using Sun Krux: Lobelia Gamwich of the Bree Gamwiches

sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Absolutely. I agree 100%. And especially because
                        Spoiler:
                        nobody can be the Scarecrow but Jack, and we all know that Dorothy loved the Scarecrow the best.
                        Well, no, I'm afraid that honour belonged to
                        Spoiler:
                        Toto

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                          Well, no, I'm afraid that honour belonged to
                          Spoiler:
                          Toto

Spoiler:
                          Nope. Uh uh. It was the Scarecrow all the way. Oh wait. You're saying Jack should play Toto?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                            ELF
                            Using my full name: Lúthien Ancal?*mon
                            Using my nick name: Celebriän Ancal?*mon
                            Using Sun Krux: Galadriël Táralóm

Hobbit
                            Using my full name: Rosie-Posie Loamsdown
                            Using my nick name: Orangeblossom Loamsdown
                            Using Sun Krux: Lobelia Gamwich of the Bree Gamwiches

Well, if I use L.A. Doyle, my Hobbit name is Bracegirdle of Hardbottle...

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                              Well, if I use L.A. Doyle, my Hobbit name is Bracegirdle of Hardbottle...
                              Oooh we're doing screen names now?

Okay...ÜberSG-1Fan (where Über is my first name and SG-1Fan is my last):

Hobbit name: Loamsdown of Deephallow (not as cute as Melilot Danderfluff of Willowbottom)

Elvish name: Carnesîr...Ooooh. I like this. One name says it all. Carnesîr.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oooh we're doing screen names now?

Okay...ÜberSG-1Fan (where Über is my first name and SG-1Fan is my last):

Hobbit name: Loamsdown of Deephallow (not as cute as Melilot Danderfluff of Willowbottom)

Elvish name: Carnesîr...Ooooh. I like this. One name says it all. Carnesîr.

Hey Uber it's me thor!

Everybody I know Uber form another forum so dont treat me like a newbie.

Anyway... Sam is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X