Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Ok, this may seem very very VERY weird, but I was wondering if anyone ever dreams about the characters on Stargate or Amanda. I normally don't recall having dreams involving characters on the show, but I had one the other night that was truly bizarre. Sadly I'm too embarrassed to post because then you'll know what a total nutcase I am... so I thought I'd make a game out of it.

What's the strangest dream you've ever had involving Amanda or the Stargate characters. Let's try to keep things PG, shall we?

Kat
    Keep things PG? No problem here. Who do you think I am, Myrth or something??? GEEZ.

And post away. We already know you're three fries short of a Happy Meal as is. Why worry about further evidence to that end?

Okay. My Amanda and Sam dreams have varied and I've had a LOT of them.

In one, Amanda was a teacher at my elementary school. In another, she was a public speaker or something. In another, she and I were good friends...either that, or I thought we were good friends and she was just being nice and playing along. Who knows? It's just a crazy dream after all.

Then my dreams blur.

There was one where I was at a convention honoring Amanda and something happened and she ran outside and geared up...and I realized she was actually Carter. Meaning, Amanda was her alter ego. Also cool in that one was that I was handed a P-90 and I was firing at some death gliders and I figured out that I was on SG-1! Wooooo.

Then there's one where I'm like a cop or something and I call into headquarters, and I hear her voice. So apparently she was my commanding officer.

Then there's the one where I'm Carter's daughter and I travel back in time but run into her with some friends of mine off world. We're under attack and she's compelling us to drop down for cover and protects us. And I'm trying to figure out how to tell her she's my mother but there's some physical feature of mine that she recognizes...like a birthmark or whatever and I THINK she starts to figure it out without my saying anything but then I wake up.

But my FAVORITE Sam dream has to be the one where I'm in this old building with Teal'c and he calls out to me to protect me from something...and I realize that I'M CARTER!

Yay.

So, see Kat? We're all a bit nuts. Crazy. Bonzo. Wacko. Loopy. Etcetera and yadda.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Keep things PG? No problem here. Who do you think I am, Myrth or something??? GEEZ.

And post away. We already know you're three fries short of a Happy Meal as is. Why worry about further evidence to that end?

Okay. My Amanda and Sam dreams have varied and I've had a LOT of them.

In one, Amanda was a teacher at my elementary school. In another, she was a public speaker or something. In another, she and I were good friends...either that, or I thought we were good friends and she was just being nice and playing along. Who knows? It's just a crazy dream after all.

Then my dreams blur.

There was one where I was at a convention honoring Amanda and something happened and she ran outside and geared up...and I realized she was actually Carter. Meaning, Amanda was her alter ego. Also cool in that one was that I was handed a P-90 and I was firing at some death gliders and I figured out that I was on SG-1! Wooooo.

Then there's one where I'm like a cop or something and I call into headquarters, and I hear her voice. So apparently she was my commanding officer.

Then there's the one where I'm Carter's daughter and I travel back in time but run into her with some friends of mine off world. We're under attack and she's compelling us to drop down for cover and protects us. And I'm trying to figure out how to tell her she's my mother but there's some physical feature of mine that she recognizes...like a birthmark or whatever and I THINK she starts to figure it out without my saying anything but then I wake up.

But my FAVORITE Sam dream has to be the one where I'm in this old building with Teal'c and he calls out to me to protect me from something...and I realize that I'M CARTER!

Yay.

So, see Kat? We're all a bit nuts. Crazy. Bonzo. Wacko. Loopy. Etcetera and yadda.

Hmmm???? Haven't I read some of those scenarios (sp?) in bad fanfic?
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        Hmmm???? Haven't I read some of those scenarios (sp?) in bad fanfic?
        Hey...they're just kookie dreams you know. Very vivid though. *tee hee*

The one where Amanda was Sam's alter ego (like Clark Kent and Superman)...I had to fire on the death gliders and then there was an underground tunnel that I had to climb through, which was dark and there was a green glow around. And it was wet. And then I woke up.

*sigh*
        Last edited by Uber; 27 July 2006, 05:10 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
          [spoilersold]Well, for what it's worth, I don't think this is the "wedding" scene. I initially thought Glenda, the Good Witch, too, but am now thinking it's some kind of Lord of the Rings send up. I vaguely recall someone involved with the show mentioning Lord of the Rings in a running list of vignettes, but there have been so many interviews that I don't quite know where it might have been. Also, I saw this about a week ago:
          http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourst...s?msg=7964.511

But who knows, really? I think just about anything is possible (or probable) in 200.[/spoilersold]
          That's exactly what I said last night, but I couldn't, for the life of me, remember the character's name.

Spoiler:
          My initial thought was Queen of the Elves, or something...

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            I know, I live in Australia . I was trying to say that it seems to have aired in every country but here *mutters about channel 7* .
            So any spoilers from me will be only a couple of eps into season 9.
            Oh cool deepspace...where bouts are you? I never seem to run into any Aussies who live near me...AD's the closest and his still an hour and half away...oh...hang on...stargate princess is about an hour away so she's actually the closest...still...would be nice to meet someone who actually live nearby!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
              Oh cool deepspace...where bouts are you? I never seem to run into any Aussies who live near me...AD's the closest and his still an hour and half away...oh...hang on...stargate princess is about an hour away so she's actually the closest...still...would be nice to meet someone who actually live nearby!!
              Oh I bet you all have the coolest accents.

And yes...I know I'm blindingly off-topic...but I have a THING for accents. Especially Aussie. Especially male Aussie. Especially DEEP male Aussie.

*deep, lingering sigh*

So, AD, up for a chat tonight?

Comment

Bye Samandans...I'm off to work then I'll be at the ship thread later to celebrate ship day...take care, be safe and happy posting.
                Hope to see some of you in the ship thread later!!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                  Oh, my, I can't work out whether she's supposed to be
                  Spoiler:
                  an elf or a wraith! lol! Whatever the heck the backstory is it looks very un-Carter-like! And I really hope that isn't the wedding dress, I mean, what are they gonna do? Re-name Carter 'Lady Galadriel' and dress Rick up as Celeborn (Galadriel's husband)?!? Well, I guess Jack does like trees so they could live together in Calas Garadon (the city of trees!)

Oh, BTW, Sam's elvish name is 'Merenwen Amandil' and Jack's is 'Finwë Elensar' just in case you were curious!

I used: http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/ to translate Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill

Their hobbit names are: Sam:'Ruby Boggy-Hillocks' and Jack:'Sancho Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern'

Jedi names are more complicated to calculate because you need 'home town', 'fave actor actress' (we know Jack's but not Sam's) and a prescription medication!
                  Hehehe, I used the name 'Mélawen Amandil' (which is Sam, rather than Samantha) for a character of mine on an online Persistant Role Playing world for the game Neverwinter Nights. You're not supposed to take names of recognisable characters from existing works of fiction but I figured this would be obscure enough

Comment

Oh I bet you all have the coolest accents.

And yes...I know I'm blindingly off-topic...but I have a THING for accents. Especially Aussie. Especially male Aussie. Especially DEEP male Aussie.

*deep, lingering sigh*

So, AD, up for a chat tonight?

$9.95 a minute for international calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      $9.95 a minute for international calls.
                      LOL

What...you do this professionally?

*quirks eyebrow*

Comment

Hi All
                        Just a quick fly by to let you know we just broke through the 60000 votes level at Celeeb http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Fantastic team effort by everyone, big thanks to all but must be a special mention and thanks to RoX for the efforts in organising us all, keeping a track on it all and the time put in. Wouldnt have happened without you RoX

Comment

LOL

What...you do this professionally?

*quirks eyebrow*
                          yes, enquiring minds want to know
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
                            Hi All
                            Just a quick fly by to let you know we just broke through the 60000 votes level at Celeeb http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Fantastic team effort by everyone, big thanks to all but must be a special mention and thanks to RoX for the efforts in organising us all, keeping a track on it all and the time put in. Wouldnt have happened without you RoX
                            Which just shows to go ya that...

RoX ROCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
                              Hi All

I certainly know I couldn't have kept track of it so well! Thanks RoX!

Comment

Just in case anyone missed the morning announcement (because notes get burried quickly around here!)

Hiya Folks,

ANOTHER AT2 / THANK YOU CARD Reminder!

If you wish for your personal message and signature to appear on the Amanda Tapping THANK YOU poster presentation to Amanda at AT2 (you don't have to be attending to have your message on the card!), please visit the following Gateworld post for more information. IT'S EASY!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=43421

Cheers & Hugs,
                                minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X