Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    don't bank on anything unless you hear it from reputable sources.

IMDB is, just like it's said in that thread, notoriously wrong at times. its info is often fan submitted and there are folks out there with nothing better to do than to yank someone's chains

the only 'fan' info i will accept as fact is Darren's. He won't put anything on the site that's not confirmed....or if he does put something up that's not confirmed, he makes that clear

I mean, a DJ on a local radio station around here reported that Ace Frahley (of KISS) was going to be on Atlantis....ain't seen hide nor hair of that rumor since

Internet rumors are best treated with a heavy dose of skepticism
    I removed the last sentence (about the possibility of RDA being in "Flesh and Blood" episode) from my post at that thread, but the rest is a piece of report from the con, so I guess they really talked to RDA and it's possible that he is going to make a few guest appearances in season 10 episodes. And I don't trust IMDB either. Actors' agents should submit details there, not fans.

Comment

there are lots of fans that have lots of sources. And sometimes those sources are 'good' and right, and sometimes they're not.

I know that cons can be goldmines of info (i heard from brad's own mouth that MS was leaving at GC 2001, but i know that folks didn't believe it until a few dozen other con attendees also reported the very same thing)

It'll be very cool if he comes back in some way, shape or form...but Miss Glass-is-half-empty that i am, I'll believe it when i see it/hear about it from Darren or on an official site.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Haha, found a little fic tag for Off the Grid - A spoon full of sugar?
        Excellent rec - and Mitchell did soooooo deserve that! Meddle not in the affairs of über-geeks, for you will discover you are technologically vulnerable in ways you never imagined could exist...
        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          I believe Oober has started a Samanda shop up on Cafepress.com. If people think they would be interested in the Samanda button, I can have her add it to her website so anyone who wishes to purchase one can. If I understood Oober correctly, she was just going to add the items up on the Cafepress website at their default prices, which means you will paying for Cafepress to actually create the item, not for the designs on the items. No one associated with Samanda would be recieving any profits from the sale of these items. It would just be a way for us to make merchandise involving Stargate/Sam/Amanda that we could all enjoy.

I have been playing with other designs as well, but after recieving the T-shirt I made, I'm gonna have to rethink a few of my designs as I'm not sure they will transfer onto a T-shirt as well as I had hoped.

http://www.cafepress.com/stargater

This is the website that I have created to fiddle with my designs. I am still adjusting and playing with things so it's really not advisable to try to purchase anything from this site. Once I satisfied with my designs, I will give them to Oober and she will put them in the Samanda store for everyone to purchase if they so choose.

If anyone else has an idea that they would like to see on a button or T-shirt, but feel uncomfortable making it themselves, or if they dont' wish to start their own cafepress account; they send them to me and I'll try to help you implement the design. Send me a PM or an email and we can work out the design and then I'll put a few samples up on my website so you can see what they would look like. Tracy Jane is already working on a design. I know Oober is waiting for other people to send her designs to use up on the Samanda storefront, so now's your chance to let your creativity be admired by millions of people. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but it could happen! Two people from Samanda show two friends and so on and so on and soon the entire world is wanting your designs worn across their chests!!

Kat
          I've been away again, and I'm trying to catch up on what's been happening on the thread. But I had to say, this is great! Thanks, Kat & Mary Beth, for making this happen for us!!!!!

Comment

Loving this hairs and eyes

sigpic

Comment

i definitely liked her with the longer hair. To me, she was jsut getting past that awkward growout stage when she got it cut
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i definitely liked her with the longer hair. To me, she was jsut getting past that awkward growout stage when she got it cut
                i agreed

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys I'll drop in again, stopped by to see some Amanda picture from the con, but apperently they aren't on yet, maybe the time diffrence, it's 22.40 here now. That Sam pic with long hair, comes from S 4, from one of the first 4-5 episodes I think.

Oh about the possible return of RDA, incase it's true yay! I so miss Jack, but I'm going WACKO without seeing or hearing something from Amanda.

Incase Jack's back (gues role) I hope he's in the 200th episode, hey it is also thanx to RDA that they may celebrate the 200th episode. But with such a sweetie en hottie pie like Amanda, I'm supprised the whole States ain't watchin'! Such a pretty and sweet and great acting Angel!

Well bye for now hope to drop in arround Monday-Wednesday. If pictures from the con are put on this forum, will somebody give me the pages numbers of where the pics are or start?

Thanx

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Here's a new fanfic that opens with an assertive Samantha Carter calling the shots on a certain colonel. Starting Over by Obsessed Pam is rated T but there will be an M chapter for RST.
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2860300/1/

There will be 9 long chapters. Tension you can cut with a knife. Some Jack whumping. Lots of hurt to Jack and comfort by Sam. UST galore!!! Some RST!!! Janet is her usual take-charge doc. Teal'c has a strong supportive role. Setting after Shades of Grey.

Oh, did I mention I'm the Beta? Yeah, well there's that!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

The picture above comes from "Window of Oportunity".

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        If Landry had offered Sam command of SG-1 when she returned - a genuine offer, not just a polite, for form's sake offer that she was expected to graciously refuse - and Sam had decided against resuming her old position and it had been clear that it was her choice, I wouldn't have liked it but I could live with it.
                        This would have been a perfect time to resolve this issue for fans. Sam could have reiterated that she had reasons for leaving the SGC (her personal life, whether you interpret that to mean Jack, or spending more time with Cassie, etc.), and while she realized the threat of the Ori compelled her to rejoin the team, she didn't want the leadership role...so she could step aside when the situation abated. It would have also been a perfect opportunity for her to discuss with Landry the fact that Mitchell is green, but that Jack believes in him, and she'll make sure she guides him in the right way so he'll be ready to lead when she can again step away.

If they had said that Sam was still technically assigned to Area 51 and in command there and only on loan to the SGC, it would have made sense that she would not take command.
                        Also plausible and much more acceptable to longtime fans.

I wonder if TPTB actually realized that the decision to place a new character in command and allow him to displace an established character would bother people.
                        Well.....it upset longtime fans.....but delighted the fans they gained from Farscape, I'm sure. Having been a longtime fan of both shows, it has just left me feeling that, "This is so wrong on so many levels!" And it remains my contention that the mishandling of this crucial part of the S9 set up is what has prevented them from showing ratings gains this year. They got the Farscape people, but lost a lot of longtime fans...so in the end, they lost ratings instead of building them. Can you say, "Penny wise and pound foolish?"

Leadership qualities =

Comment

sigpic

Comment

For those of you who might not have seen this yet, there are pics of Amanda (and JR Bourne and Cliff Simon) at the Brunch today, as well as pics from Friday and Saturday events so far.

It is under Stargate Fandom and then Photos of Vancouver. Battmeals has graciously posted alot of really good pics. AT looks great as usual, and others do too!

Comment

Hey!
                              I saw a pic from Amanda at the convention *sunday* with a baby in her arms. Was it Olivia or just another kid? Because the pic was just so sweet
                              BTW => She looked good, liked her hair.

Comment

I am listening to the director's commentary of Window of Opportunity as I write this. PDL is doing the commentary (along with James Tichenor), and he made a comment on the work of a director in general (paraphrasing here):

"If you just watch, but don't care.....If the characters aren't getting through to you on an emotional level.....then the director just isn't doing his job."

Fast forward to S9: Hello, Peter!

We care, especially about Sam. But we're just not moved lately.

What an appropriate observation for my 1,900th post*.

(*Note: I would have been way over 2,000 by now if it hadn't been for work!!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X