Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    Agreed ! Don't worry about the two weirdos of this thread having their private war. As Tracy said, it's only a big joke.
    Yeah... she's currently spreading the love and telling me that my little English accent is dead cute (I've discovered how to have voice conversations on MSN, much to AD's delight)
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
      Sorry about the OT. But I have a question to our Canadian, and Across the Pond friends. Are you ahead of us here in the US as of now in SG-1 episodes?
      Or are you just about even with us?
      They get ripple effect tonight, we get it tuesday. So we're not too much different. Canada are way ahead on the Atlantis airings though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        They get ripple effect tonight, we get it tuesday. So we're not too much different. Canada are way ahead on the Atlantis airings though.

Thank you.

Comment

With Raspberry Ripple Effect's imminent start, this is a plea from a depraved Brit for lots and lots of appropriately tagged spoiler goodness.

Comment

i assumed it was more a war of wits than of nations. i was issuing some very toungue in cheek reprimands. besides we all know the irish are way better than all of you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              i assumed it was more a war of wits than of nations. i was issuing some very toungue in cheek reprimands. besides we all know the irish are way better than all of you anyway.
              Spoiler:
              Would that be in the same Alternality as the one the SG Team just came from???

Comment

Oh I see what this is! You're just jealous because you're not irish!

Comment

Wow! Hands down, I think Ripple Effect is the best episode of the season so far. It's made me excited about Stargate again! Lots and lots of Sam. Good team interaction, just an all around good episode.

NC

Comment

ok so it sounds like (raspberry) ripple effect was
                    Spoiler:

a fairly heavy sam episode, does she still rule? did we get some soldier sam, scientist sam and all other sams in between?

Comment

OMG, this should have been a 2-parter, or 3-parter, or heck, a "the-whole-season" parter!!! I am crying and laughing at the same time.

Spoiler:
                      There is not much to say about the story itself, other that they were looking for a solution to get the AU SG-1's back.
                      But this episode was hilarious, it was funny, it had neat little twists.
                      It should have been at least a 2-parter, because then we could have seen more of our "old friends" and maybe some other "old friends" or at least get some more hints, well you probably know what I am getting at. But I loved the new Asgard, too, funny (and annoying) little guy.
                      But this was a GREAT Carter episode. She was funny, and she found the solution.

Amanda was simply B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T !!!!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Carter RULED in this episode. Plain and simple. Some friends and I were getting kind of mad at the whole
                        Spoiler:
                        round-about of who she was with and why she wasn't with all the SG-1 teams that came through the gate
                        She ruled in this episode.

Spoiler:
                        All the Carters in the room was AWESOME!!! I felt squashed by all the brain power. All in all, I loved this episode.

Spoiler:
                        Loved Janet, Martouf, all the different interactions with people. I wish Sam could've seen Janet longer, and I wish there would've been a mention of Cassie.

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                        My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                        My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                        My Stargate Videos
                        It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          ok so it sounds like (raspberry) ripple effect was
                          Spoiler:

a fairly heavy sam episode, does she still rule? did we get some soldier sam, scientist sam and all other sams in between?
                          I'd say it's mainly scientist Sam,
                          Spoiler:
                          but also there's some good Sam/Martouf moments and near kisses, but not nearly enough Sam and Janet scenes. And Sam is in full technobabble mode, which I happen to love. She's not just standing around in this one, she's actually working to solve the problem. (actually all 15 or so of the Sam's are working to solve the problem.)

NC

Comment

I loved some of the in jokes like
                            Spoiler:
                            in Janet and Martouf's reality, Sam is on maternity leave. They didn't say who the father was, of course. One of the alternate reality Sams was eating blue jello, and another one was dressed in the same type of fatigues and wearing glasses like geek Sam in Moebius. The new Asgard was funny, and I loved Amanda's reactions to his grumpiness. The humor from everyone in the episode felt right, not forced.

NC

Comment

I just watched Ripple Effect and it was a good episode, this coming from someone that hasn't really cared for s9. It was my favorite episode thus far this season. There were things I like and disliked. HUGH
                              Spoiler:
                              Scientific Sam is back!! It was a GREAT to see her back!! Still trying to wrap my head around the SG-1 team that would want to cause such a chain reaction. How many times has our Sam worried about the grandfather effect to actually think of stranding numerous teams offworld for their own agenda. Janet and Daniel's conversation was nice! It was great to see Janet again and I'm hoping Teal'c's comment in the end will have JAnet return someday. Wish Sam and Janet could have interacted more. They were best friends afterall and Sam took her death pretty hard. Still it was nice to see Sam back in an active role and saving the day. This had more of a team feel. However, I miss the team chemistry. I miss the four actors being comfortable with one another and playing off one anther like second nature. It didn't happen in this episode or any time this season, but maybe in s10. It was still a good episode. Didn't like the little asgard guy at all!! Bring back Thor!

Next week it looks like Teal'c will have more of a significant role which I think will be good. Ba'al is back. Sam even orders a team through the gate. looking forward to this one as well. Hopefully Soldier Sam will make a come back in this one.
                              Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 20 January 2006, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                there was more than one near kiss? aw, i'm a s/j shipper, so i was hoping it was just the one that she stopped and looked all shocked that it happened at all.

i'm really glad to hear that she ruled though.

Comment

Working...
                                X