No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can throw in a don't skip it mini! Speaking as someone who's probably more of a fic snob than you... it's a brilliant peice of work. It also doesn't preclude the situation I also belelive in now.. in that they did get together.

It's a brilliant peice of Sam characterisation that I can completely buy into. It really is worth reading and as a shipper I can tell you it won't leave a sour taste on that point.

Originally posted by minigeek
    Ah. Thanks for the clarification, AD. I think I'll give this one a skip.

At this point (for me) the Sam/Jack issue (in the positive sense) has become what I feel to be an integeral part of Carter's evolving character (and O'Neill's as well) - their romantic feelings for eachother, as it were. So for me, a fic that debunks that evolution, even if it's positive to Carter overall, would still be OOC for Sam. Ergo, not my cup of tea.

But hey, each his own!

Cheers,
    mini
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      I can throw in a don't skip it mini! Speaking as someone who's probably more of a fic snob than you... it's a brilliant peice of work. It also doesn't preclude the situation I also belelive in now.. in that they did get together.

It's a brilliant peice of Sam characterisation that I can completely buy into. It really is worth reading and as a shipper I can tell you it won't leave a sour taste on that point.

So it's not anti-ship then; just non-ship, Sam-introspective? That I'll read. D'oh, now I'm gonna have to go check it out. lol

EDIT-> Wow, that was an AMAZING fic!!! And it's *totally* S/J. It totally deals. Well, it begins to. It's well written, introspective, great Sam POV. Exactly the kind of fic I love to read when I read S/J. lol - AD, anti-ship?! I think I probably need to define my notion of ship for ya, I guess.

I'm not a lovey-dovey shipper. One of the reasons I love the S/J ship is because they're so angsty, so angry and volatile and could (independantly and mutually) at any moment make terrible or wonderful life-altering decisions based solely on the fact that they're both such screwed up people when it comes to the way they handle their feelings. There is very little warm-and-fluffy-and-sweet about my Sam&Jack. Carter's the match and Jack's the sandpaper in my warped little fantasy world. Ayup.

So yeah, Myrth, thanks for the redirect. That was awesome Samfic. Awesome indeed.

mini(yeah so I'm sick, what of it? lol)geek
      Last edited by minigeek; 14 January 2006, 10:29 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

So it's not anti-ship then; just non-ship, Sam-introspective? That I'll read. D'oh, now I'm gonna have to go check it out. lol

EDIT-> Wow, that was an AMAZING fic!!! And it's *totally* S/J. It totally deals. Well, it begins to. It's well written, introspective, great Sam POV. Exactly the kind of fic I love to read when I read S/J. lol - AD, anti-ship?! I think I probably need to define my notion of ship for ya, I guess.

I'm not a lovey-dovey shipper. One of the reasons I love the S/J ship is because they're so angsty, so angry and volatile and could (independantly and mutually) at any moment make terrible or wonderful life-altering decisions based solely on the fact that they're both such screwed up people when it comes to the way they handle their feelings. There is very little warm-and-fluffy-and-sweet about my Sam&Jack. Carter's the match and Jack's the sandpaper in my warped little fantasy world. Ayup.

So yeah, Myrth, thanks for the redirect. That was awesome Samfic. Awesome indeed.

Bah, its anti-ship Sam/Jack RST, with them not getting together. Anti S/J ship IMO!

Comment

Caption This:

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            Caption This:

Jack: Carter... is that even anatomically possible?

Comment

Caption This:

Carter: Please Jack. Try and be open - minded about this.

P.S where is this cap from??

Comment

My fic-snobbery is rarely useful... glad to steer you right on this one! It was a masterful peice of work. Absolutely brilliant characterisation of Sam. To me anyway.

And yer AD... totally the wrong idea buddy.

sigpic

Comment

I woke up and feel the need to say. Sam is a great character... And please visit the anti-Sam\Cam ship page.
                  please
                  Please
                  PLEASE!!!!!

EDIT: Heres the link http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22555
                  Is got a great name: Official "no, no, a thousand times no" ANTI Cam/Sam Thread and is brought to us by the wonderful Commander Ivanova.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Funny, this is what popped into my head the moment I saw that picture...

LOL ... love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Fic rec!

Buffalo, by Jennghis Kahn. It's a post Threads, Sam/Jack fic. However it's not a shippy fic Rated R for language.
                      I've read her before and she's at the top of her game with this one! Brilliant writing ... if only I can be half as good! Thanks for the tip, AD!

Now why can't we have a female writer of this caliber sitting on the Bridge Studios team?!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                        You know, I'm beginning to think that we could substitute any character in the line: "We don't know what to do with.....". The writers have not had an easy time knowing what to do with Mitchell (is he a one-liner kind of guy? Is he a religious kind of guy? Is he a hero? Is he supposed to be the sole leader, the co-leader?). Teal'c has only had one storyline in 12 episodes (nicely culminating in 4th Horseman Part II, but still--not real exciting--what should they do with Teal'c now that he will follow SG-1 around next season?). What should we do with Daniel? Well he can be Vala's caregiver and the one who reforms her?

So, now when I think about this line, and after seeing the writing this season, I really have to wonder---do they know what to do with any of the characters anymore?

And maybe most appropriate is, "We don't know what to do with the team." and "We don't know what to do with the stargate." no problem, no problem, not to worry, we'll figure it out ....
                        I hear ya, sister! Do we have good writers looking for ideas, or good ideas looking for writers?

Comment

Caption This:

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Jack: Carter... is that even anatomically possible?
                          Sam: It would appear it is for the Asgard, Sir.

Comment

I improvise on someone else's quote (nope can't remember who said it I just thought it fit).
                            A day without a smile or laugh is a day wasted.
                            So my fellow Samanda friends I leave you with a few smiles. I look forward to Ripple Effect and hopefully can check in after it airs.

Comment

Love the pics, but isn't the one with Jonas the one where she calls him a chickensh*t
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Caption This:
                                Jack: I can't believe you called me down here to look at that. I was eating pie, Carter.
                                Really. Good. Pie. That... that is just...ewww.

Comment

Working...
                                X