Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    Not sure if anyone saw the special that aired in the UK on the Sciuence of Stargate with AT but someone at J. Mallozzi's blog said the following:

"Joe, this afternoon I caught the Science of Stargate special on Sky 1. During the special, Amanda Tapping identified Carter as "Chief Scientist and Leader of SG-1". There were many clips from season nine with Mitchell, so it was definitly recent too. It was nice to see your insistence of co-command finally backed up. I hope this puts to rest all of the doubts people had."

This seems interesting indeed, at least it is IMO. Has potential to lead me in the direction of optimism for back half of S9 . . . maybe.

Anyone else see the special?
    Ha ha, way to go Amanda.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

The special was a repeat. I missed it. Again. Was out at a friend's having dinner. Her baby was due last week and she still hasn't evicted the little blighter yet, so she's uncomfortable and moody. I didn't dare ask if I could shove a tape in the machine!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

i like the idea of the poster, as long as we can accomdate the shipping and packing angle. i don't want to have it be inconvenient for her (the 'here's a postage paid tube, you can toss it in the mail' idea is a nice one. or becky might have a viable option too)

what if we can have the piece of art in the middle of a large piece of paper, with notes/signatures/hand writing placed around it almost like a frame

nothing too huge, maybe the 16x20 poster size, big enough to give folks room without being so big as to be hard to handle

i really like it being a personal gift, something unique
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

DAMN!!! I knew there was something I wanted to watch today
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            the shipping angle.
            Double-meaning alert!!!
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              Double-meaning alert!!!
              How's that a double meaning?

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw the special that aired in the UK on the Sciuence of Stargate with AT but someone at J. Mallozzi's blog said the following:

"Joe, this afternoon I caught the Science of Stargate special on Sky 1. During the special, Amanda Tapping identified Carter as "Chief Scientist and Leader of SG-1". There were many clips from season nine with Mitchell, so it was definitly recent too. It was nice to see your insistence of co-command finally backed up. I hope this puts to rest all of the doubts people had."

This seems interesting indeed, at least it is IMO. Has potential to lead me in the direction of optimism for back half of S9 . . . maybe.

I am hoping they will air the show in the states ... I now see some optimism heading into the 2nd half of s9 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i like the idea of the poster, as long as we can accomdate the shipping and packing angle. i don't want to have it be inconvenient for her (the 'here's a postage paid tube, you can toss it in the mail' idea is a nice one. or becky might have a viable option too)

what if we can have the piece of art in the middle of a large piece of paper, with notes/signatures/hand writing placed around it almost like a frame

nothing too huge, maybe the 16x20 poster size, big enough to give folks room without being so big as to be hard to handle

i really like it being a personal gift, something unique
                  I agree, and whatever works best size-wize. Assuming they allow us to do this, perhaps we could beg the indulgence of the G4 to arrange to courier it directly to her (if we paid for it), so she wouldn't have to carry it around at all, and it wouldn't have to go through Bridge sorting.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    I agree, and whatever works best size-wize. Assuming they allow us to do this, perhaps we could beg the indulgence of the G4 to arrange to courier it directly to her (if we paid for it), so she wouldn't have to carry it around at all, and it wouldn't have to go through Bridge sorting.
                    I'm sure if enough of us grovel and beg G4 would be nice. I mean, we are a pretty big gaggle, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Wow. My 0.02 cents (re the "art") is that it be something simple - not so much a book (since that's been done before, too) as something she can hang in her basement on the wall, or the like. I think we've gone way beyond (in terms of complexity) what I originally meant to suggest. Which is fine, totally, I didn't want to replace anything already in progress. I just figured, you know, there could be something something we give her where all the signatures (and small notes) are visible, and it could be something meaningful that isn't dated (the calendar would date itself fairly quickly, and while the idea of it being the same year as GABIT2 and all is neat, we could also just date the piece itself). Something not too crazy busy (or full of pages) either. A simple poster type thing, that can be framed or kept as a keepsake would fit that bill. I think it should stand on its own and be a conversation piece. It's the signatures that matter, and the little notes all in once place.
                      I totally agree with MG. I think it should be something simple. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this at other cons, but the pile of gifts Amanda recieved at Gabit was pretty substantial. It seemed as if everyone had something to give her and I seriously doubt 90% of those items actually went home with her. More than likely they ended up at a local charity or hospital.

Samanda has already sent her a book, which I think was beautifully done and would be very hard to top. As wonderful as all the fanart is, I'm sure Amanda has a ton of her own photos on the walls of her home, and I can't really see her hanging digitally altered images of herself in her home or trailer. Granted I could be wrong, but it just don't see it. However, I really believe that if we want her to keep it it should be something from the heart and unique. I thought the cartoon sketch and the vector sketch that MG made were both wonderful. So either one of these would be fine by me or something similiar. Unfortunately I have absolutely no talent for this sort of thing. But I'd be more than willing to offer what little help I could to the effort, be it financially, my signature, or a big thumbs up.

Also, I like the idea of a patch to wear at the cons. I believe Myrth was looking into con bracelets as well. If noone else is interested in looking up pricing information for patches, I'd be willing to do so.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 January 2006, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Here's a list of everyone who has made more than 10 posts to the thread. At least this is the list that the thread gives when you look at the post count.

Chopin Gal
                        astrogeologist
                        Skydiver
                        majorsal
                        ÜberSG-1Fan
                        ForeverSg1
                        Agent_Dark
                        jckfan55
                        the dancer of spaz
                        Qasim
                        Strix varia
                        Coley
                        deepspace
                        sg-1fanintn
                        minigeek
                        NearlyCircular
                        tsaxlady
                        Lys
                        chocdoc
                        1speed4Sam
                        MajorSam
                        SamFan31
                        Traveler Enroute1
                        Dani76
                        ann_sgcfan
                        ChevronSeven
                        binkpmmc
                        SunKrux
                        tara3583
                        Tok'Ra Hostess
                        WhatFateAlmondRoca
                        Lida
                        Myrth
                        gatebee
                        ShimmeringStar
                        Tracy Jane
                        jerin
                        Carterslave
                        Simhavaktra
                        LaCroix
                        golfbooy
                        dipsofjazz
                        AGateFan
                        LadyJeep
                        Atteria
                        crazedturkey
                        stargate barbie
                        Osiris-RA
                        parsifal
                        Daivy
                        Historian
                        Charlie
                        SnoggingPicard
                        Queen Eleta
                        flippy18
                        Rogue
                        sueKay
                        NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                        Naeara
                        dmovies
                        hrh36
                        Boobala
                        JanSam
                        SG1Poz
                        nell
                        KatG
                        aeromathlete
                        THE BIG UNIT
                        Miz_Gatez
                        Catysg1
                        AmberMoon
                        alittletoolate
                        Token
                        Caro
                        AncientKnowledge
                        pittsburghgirl
                        jafacakes
                        Suzotchka
                        Billie
                        zats
                        Cassie
                        Matt G
                        Ancient 61
                        Major Fischer
                        sky_blue_waters
                        Gatergeek257
                        lucylou
                        ChillinTheMost
                        Melora
                        Terrah
                        alyssa
                        blueiris
                        UhSir
                        mappalazarou
                        keshou
                        ShardsofGlass
                        LOL4JACK
                        Somnium
                        esoap524
                        Lexa Jayde
                        Sam fan
                        Nikkirose
                        Anyagate1
                        Madeleine_W
                        shipper hannah
                        PsychoPenguin
                        ValaMalduran
                        ColonelWilliams

Edited to put CG back in her rightful place.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 03 January 2006, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Here's a list of everyone who has made more than 10 posts to the thread. At least this is the list that the thread gives when you look at the post count.
                          Whoops! Where's ChopinGal, or did I just miss her? Hmmm, maybe a software bug?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I totally agree with MG. I think it should be something simple. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this at other cons, but the pile of gifts Amanda recieved at Gabit was pretty substantial. It seemed as if everyone had something to give her and I seriously doubt 90% of those items actually went home with her. More than likely they ended up at a local charity or hospital.

Samanda has already sent her a book, which I think was beautifully done and would be very hard to top. As wonderful as all the fanart is, I'm sure Amanda has a ton of her own photos on the walls of her home, and I can't really see her hanging digitally altered images of herself in her home or trailer. Granted I could be wrong, but it just don't see it. However, I really believe that if we want her to keep it it should be something from the heart and unique. I thought the cartoon sketch and the vector sketch that MG made were both wonderful. So either one of these would be fine by me or something similiar. Unfortunately I have absolutely no talent for this sort of thing. But I'd be more than willing to offer what little help I could to the effort, be it financially, my signature, or a big thumbs up.

Also, I like the idea of a patch to wear at the cons. I believe Myrth was looking into con bracelets as well. If noone else is interested in looking up pricing information for patches, I'd be willing to do so.
                            I agree with this. I think AT would probably most appreciate something original like MG's sketch. And if MG is willing to let us add our signatures to it, I think that's very gracious of her.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              I agree with this. I think AT would probably most appreciate something original like MG's sketch. And if MG is willing to let us add our signatures to it, I think that's very gracious of her.
                              I'll agree with Strix and Kat. I think MG's work is so original it would be very special to Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

Yes. This would be perfect. Or make it look like a Greeting Card and we can all
                                sign it. What does everyone think?

Comment

Working...
                                X