Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sky_blue_waters
    speaking of calendars, ... did anyone notice that Amanda was not included in that Women of SciFI calendar that Shanks and Judge put together and are selling. Teryl Rothery & Lexa Doig is in it, but Amanda isn't__. ___ Kinda makes you go.... hhhhmmm. I wonder if they didn't ask or if she said no.
    From what I gather, they were doing all the photography when she was still pregnant. Still, I hope she's in the next one they do

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Haha I'll just go photochop that pic out and put Myrth's one in instead (she'll know which one I mean )
      Exactly what I thought. It would make you die at least once a month. ROTFLOL that the cause of death would be too much kissing.
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

speaking of calendars, ... did anyone notice that Amanda was not included in that Women of SciFI calendar that Shanks and Judge put together and are selling. Teryl Rothery & Lexa Doig is in it, but Amanda isn't__. ___ Kinda makes you go.... hhhhmmm. I wonder if they didn't ask or if she said no.
        Chris and Michael were asked about this at a con last July - they said that they did most of the photo shots between filming S8 & S9 so AT was still pregnant at the time. I would bet that since Chris has done some photo shots of AT in the past when/if they do another Women of SciFi calendar if the timing is good for AT she would more than likely be in the calendar.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

You need a strong, knowledgeable, woman writer for Samantha and I’m it. Now take your hand off me.

Comment

I figure she wasn't asked. That's fine, I'm one who won't be buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Chris and Michael were asked about this at a con last July - they said that they did most of the photo shots between filming S8 & S9 so AT was still pregnant at the time. I would bet that since Chris has done some photo shots of AT in the past when/if they do another Women of SciFi calendar if the timing is good for AT she would more than likely be in the calendar.
              Yeah, they've already annouced they will do another one (and one for the men of sci-fi too)

Comment

It was on last night I believe, but I didn't get to watch it. I fell asleep on the sofa! I vaguely remember hearing Amanda's voice and thinking hmmm that's lovely...I blame it on baby G keeping me up nights lately!

edited to say: oops sorry that was meant to be in reply to someone asking if anyone in the UK saw the science of stargate. I forgot to include the quote!
                Last edited by GateGipsy; 04 January 2006, 03:12 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Okay,I just watched GUP and I've got to ask: Why can't they write that well for her on SG1? She was funny, smart, strong and sexy. The perfect Sam. So I ask: Huh?
                  A life without ship is no life at all.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    thanks.

i choose to be quiet, though, because i have literally nothing to offer except negativity. now, if i had some positivity too, then i'd post more and go between the two. but with just negativity... i don't want to subject ppl to nothing *but* that. so when the show gives me something to be positive about, i'll peep up. (believe me, i'm doing you a favor )

sally
                    I totally understand and appreciate it then. Its hard when my favorite threads get too negative and negativity seems to increase exponentially.

I started watching SG from the beginning - everyone is so different in Children of the Gods. One of my favorite lines is when Sam and Daniel are talking about Sha're and Sam is outraged that Daniel accepted a wife as a 'gift'. LOL. Feminist Sam. I can't wait to see her kick some machismo bootay in Emancipation.

So I guess if you are down maybe go back and watch some of your favorite Sam eps???? Its been helpful for me....
                    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by AUCat
                      Okay,I just watched GUP and I've got to ask: Why can't they write that well for her on SG1? She was funny, smart, strong and sexy. The perfect Sam. So I ask: Huh?
                      Because they can't clone Brad Wright????
                      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                        So I guess if you are down maybe go back and watch some of your favorite Sam eps???? Its been helpful for me....
                        so when you're down like that, what's your favourite Sam ep to pick you up again?

I think I'd go for Ascension. It isn't my favourite Sam ep, but it is the one that reminds me the most about what I like about Sam.
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol... using my manips for self gratification now are we ;p Oy I don't think I want an answer to that ;P

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Haha I'll just go photochop that pic out and put Myrth's one in instead (she'll know which one I mean )
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                            Because they can't clone Brad Wright????
                            hehehe

truer words were never spoken
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              I agree with this. I think AT would probably most appreciate something original like MG's sketch. And if MG is willing to let us add our signatures to it, I think that's very gracious of her.
                              Strix (and the rest of you), that's very sweet, but really I'm the one who'd be honored to do it.

Originally posted by LaCroix
                              Yes. This would be perfect. Or make it look like a Greeting Card and we can all - sign it. What does everyone think?
                              If it's a "go ahead", then we can start by gathering signatures. I'd very much like to consult with Oooberness on the best way to lay it out and perhaps enlist her professional assistance, since I know she's a GD IRL (among other things!) When she's back on-thread again.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

WHAT! That's AWFUL! I mean, Lexa was bound to be on it, being Shanks's wife and star of two Sci-fi shows, but why Teryl and not Amanda?
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X