Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia

And on topic... It would be nice to see Sam in some hand-to-hand combat, but I wonder if AT would want that right now. Didn't I read somewhere that she's not doing her own stunts this season because of the baby? Fight scenes, I think, can be pretty physically demanding, particularly if the script called for Sam to get knocked around a little.
    The impression I got from "Ask Bam Bam" was that it was the time involved to practice the fight scenes that was the issue--since she was nursing Olivia, she didn't have the same blocks of time available as she might have had before.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Nuh uh. No way, dude. That would make Mr. Emu all sad .... he did his hair and everything.
      Aw. We wouldn't want that now would we?

Wait a minute. Emu's are dumb.

Let's make the emu the back up Royal bird (you know, in case we get sick of ducking, we can start emuing) and then give him a little plastic medal from a Cracker Jack box or something...

...he'll never know the difference.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Wait a minute. Emu's are dumb.
        ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
          ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
          Now, let's not get all emu-tional.

Comment

What happened to being kind to the emu? LOL
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

I love the emu. He seems to be saying "we are not amused."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                I love the emu. He seems to be saying "we are not amused."
                Dont you mean "we are not emused."
                love Torri

Comment

Dont you mean "we are not emused."
                  Yes, of course! Thank you Qasim.

Comment

love Torri

Comment

Interview with David Hewlett - http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=332
                      http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=333

First it was the second link then the 1st now its the 2nd again

SG-P: What are your expectations for the second season of Atlantis? What are you looking forward to?
                      DH: I've really scored on getting the cool shows this year. I've heard actors in the past complain about the difficulty in keeping a character fresh, but the things they've got me doing, it's not going to be a problem here! Looking forward, I had heard that there was going to be some cross-over between SG1 and us but when I got the script for Grace Under Pressure and saw that it was going to be me and Amanda back to our old SG1 banter again I was thrilled. Of course they had to make it uncomfortable as that's what the writers seem to expend considerable time to putting McKay through hell! Thus a nasty head wound and a puddle jumper full of water.

SG-P: We've heard that there is an episode called "Grace Under Pressure" which deals with McKay stuck in a puddle jumper under the ocean. What´s this episode about? Is there anything you can tell us? (Especially what about Sam Carter, because we´ve heard that Amanda Tapping has a cameo in this episode?)
                      DH: As above, but it's no brief cameo, we've got a number of scenes together...can't say enough good things about that woman!

SG-P: If McKay had the choice between Dr. Weir (Torri Higginson), Teyla (Rachel Luttrell), Dr. Heightmeyer (Claire Rankin) and Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) - which one would he date? And what would David Hewlett do? ;-)
                      DH: Hewlett knows better than to answer that question ;-) McKay, he'd be lucky to get any of them!

Last edited by Qasim; 14 October 2005, 01:56 PM.
                      love Torri

Comment

Quick fly-by post: Stargate Project has a new interview posted with David Hewlett, and, of course, he was asked about the upcoming episode with Amanda. You can read the whole interview here: http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=333

Just real quick some excerpts from the interview:

"SG-P: What are your expectations for the second season of Atlantis? What are you looking forward to?
                        DH: ...Looking forward, I had heard that there was going to be some cross-over between SG1 and us but when I got the script for Grace Under Pressure and saw that it was going to be me and Amanda back to our old SG1 banter again I was thrilled...

SG-P: We've heard that there is an episode called "Grace Under Pressure" which deals with McKay stuck in a puddle jumper under the ocean. What´s this episode about? Is there anything you can tell us? (Especially what about Sam Carter, because we´ve heard that Amanda Tapping has a cameo in this episode?)
                        DH: As above, but it's no brief cameo, we've got a number of scenes together...can't say enough good things about that woman!

SG-P: If McKay had the choice between Dr. Weir (Torri Higginson), Teyla (Rachel Luttrell), Dr. Heightmeyer (Claire Rankin) and Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) - which one would he date? And what would David Hewlett do? ;-)
                        DH: Hewlett knows better than to answer that question ;-) McKay, he'd be lucky to get any of them!"

Enjoy!!!

ON EDIT: Never mind, just saw that Qasim beat me to it. Good job, Qasim.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          The impression I got from "Ask Bam Bam" was that it was the time involved to practice the fight scenes that was the issue--since she was nursing Olivia, she didn't have the same blocks of time available as she might have had before.
                          Ah, that makes sense.

Somewhere I got the idea that she didn't want to do stunts (etc.) because she didn't want to risk getting hurt now that she has a kid to care for. But maybe I just hallucinated it. Wouldn't be the first time...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            "HATE"?

"Hate." Hmmm. H - A - T - E

<<flips through Royal Dictionary of Samanda>>

Let's see...

Happy...

Helpful...*Whoops! Too far...*

*starts with ha- Mary Beth. Ha- ha-...okay here we go...*

Harlot...*HARLOT???? What's that doing in the official dictionary????? (mental note: must address this issue with the Samandan elders soonest...)*

Okay then...

Harlequin (on crack)..."see TPTB and romance for more details"

Hathor...

Hmm. Sorry...but apparently the word "HATE" isn't in my dictionary. (although I'm way jealous of the "naturally curly hair" thing though...but that's a different topic altogether.)

As for your liking the characters of your choice...it's all good. I LOVED Farscape and wept bitterly when it was cancelled...I LIKE Vala...she's got great potential...same with Mitchell.

The only thing we can't stand around here is bashing one character or fanbase to raise up another. This is verboten and is frowned upon by the elders of our fair land...(although...between you and me...they clearly have a screw loose or something if they keep words in the royal dictionary that are a bit...uh...off)...

Truth be told I've thoroughly enjoyed your posts and hope you don't feel in anyway unloved. That's the ONLY thing we can't stand around here. *wait, I just said that "bashing one character or fanbase to raise up another" was the ONLY thing we can't stand around here...well, hopefully people won't notice and will just accept this as the second ONLY THING because it's RIGHT*

(man, I'm in a corny mood today, aren't I???)

BTW...I've missed it...what's your Royal title here? I'm the Royal Videographer and Royal PITM...

I've got it!!!! Perhaps you could be our Royal Ambassador...help us deal with those who like Vala and don't understand they're welcome here too. Additional responsibilites would include spreading the joy of Samanda to those whose minds are twisted by the "if you love one you must hate the other" mentality.

What say ye? What say ye all????

Clearly you weren't paying attention when I gently shoved you aside. It's all about ME, remember!

Oh wait...all that blather up there is about me. My bad. Must be the fact that it's Friday and I have 1 1/2 hours to go til quittin' time!

Anyhoo...I think I'm just one of the Royal Security force, no title as of yet, but I'd be pleased as punch to be the Royal Samanda Ambasador for Vala fans (heck any other fan for that matter) and spread the love of enjoying more than one character and not having to choose one over the other.

Although...truth be told...I'd take Teal'C over anyone, any day! *thud* Daymn is Chris Judge a hottie! *fans self Is it hot in here or is it just me?

*wanders off to cool down...though it be hard...Chris *drool* Judge
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Well I watched the whole 1st season of Lost and eps 1-4 of season 2

Now I am going to watch BSG season 1 and Dr Who season 1

Any recommendations for when I have finished those?
                              GILMORE GIRLS!!! I have a feeling you'd love it. Sarcasm at it's finest! Purest form even! S1 - 4 are on DVD.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                                S1 - 4 are on DVD.
                                I always 'acquire' things before buying them
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X